Serious Question : why do our Players put up with this Umpiring

Guest BossBhai

Forget players, how about former players turned commentators (Gavaskar, Shastri et al). They are the first to complain about Bucknor, but are also the first amongst the morons who played down technology as an alternative. We deserve to be screwed for being hypocrites. .
Yes, its not just current players and BCCI. The "consultants and advisers" like SMG and Ravi Shastri all spoke ill of technology and how "umpires shud be the final" etc. They all contributed to stopping technology from being progressively employed. We fans are the only ones getting upset abt umpiring!!!

is it me or do u guys also think Aussies bribe the umpires.... i know, they are a good team and are the number one team in the world... but i dont think they are as good as the records show... they are prolly a lil ahead of the rest... and every time, i have watched them, there is an umpire's hand on their heads...

is it me or do u guys also think Aussies bribe the umpires.... i know, they are a good team and are the number one team in the world... but i dont think they are as good as the records show... they are prolly a lil ahead of the rest... and every time, i have watched them, there is an umpire's hand on their heads...
Ssssshhhhhhh It's too obvious really. For all their greatness and India being an average side, they were saved by chumps even in the last tour, and same thing has been going on for last few decades. Sunny mentioned this yesterday as well.
Ssssshhhhhhh It's too obvious really. For all their greatness and India being an average side, they were saved by chumps even in the last tour, and same thing has been going on for last few decades. Sunny mentioned this yesterday as well.
Can please provide a summary of what he said ? Its hard to beleive :nervous:. If the umps were taking bribes then SRT would never get out .. isnt he the richest cricketer ?
Can please provide a summary of what he said ? Its hard to beleive :nervous:. If the umps were taking bribes then SRT would never get out .. isnt he the richest cricketer ?
unfortunately, it aint enuf jus being rich.... btw, can one of the mods take the last 4 posts on ausssies umpire fixing and make it a separate thread... i would like more posters to contribute fixing related stuff in tht thread...
Anil Kumble of all people should know how unfair the system is to him .... so what stops these good men from using their influence ..
Again, your ignorance is apparent, BB. Captains are asked to submit a report after each match. Rahul Dravid (when he was Indian captain): "We have the ICC's review committee that makes note of these things. Besides, there is the captain's report that I will submit" http://chennaionline.com/cricket/IndinEng07/news058.asp
Again, your ignorance is apparent, BB. Captains are asked to submit a report after each match. Rahul Dravid (when he was Indian captain): "We have the ICC's review committee that makes note of these things. Besides, there is the captain's report that I will submit" http://chennaionline.com/cricket/IndinEng07/news058.asp
And your omniscient highness probably forgot how useless those reports are. But please don't mind the reality, after all what's the problem when score cards don't show a thing, right?

If those reports did their job, then Bucknor would be no where near a cricket field. what they need to do is directly question the ICC. Imagine if Sachin,dravid or kumble said that the umpiring was horrible and they demand an explanation from the ICC during the match presentation or the ICC functions they attend. What can the ICC do then?They can't ban the players. Atleast they would come out with some sort of reply and try to do something right.

And your omniscient highness probably forgot how useless those reports are. But please don't mind the reality' date=' after all what's the problem when score cards don't show a thing, right?[/quote'] Missing the point again, Anno. Any chance you could actually address the point I made instead of reverting to the lowest form of wit ? My post was in response to BB's question: "so what stops these good men from using their influence?"
It is sad because australia is one team that can d without the umpires helping them. If they want...they could have taint free wins...but they choose otherwise.
they know india is probably the only team that can beat them at home, so they need to ensure that they dont lose. whatever it takes...
Missing the point again, Anno. Any chance you could actually address the point I made instead of reverting to the lowest form of wit ? My post was in response to BB's question: "so what stops these good men from using their influence?"
You have a point? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I'm sure you think you have a superb point when you talk about score cards. It's an irony of highest class that you talk about lowest form of wit with that kind of logic. But I don't expect anything better from you to be honest.
Either that or the umps are initimidated by the aussies to not give marginal decisions against them.