The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

33 minutes ago, CG said:
49 minutes ago, jusarrived said:
It's only going to go up for next 10 years , for a long term investor ...just stay invested

You never know it all depends on how China deals with debt.

We will get shocks from time to time , but by 2030 I expect the market to be more driven from an internal story unlike today where the market is trading at a premium makes us very velnurable to any negatives from china or US . 

If you have to make money you have to stay through the complete cycle , I really don't think we are in a bull market today , in fact we are underperforming so it's an opportunity to accumulate good stocks .

What I expect is 2 big upswings in next 10 years and will be surprised if nifty is not past 30000 , so I wudnt care if it goes down to 8500 in 6 months .

On 13/01/2018 at 5:21 PM, Straight Drive said:

I hope it will be much better. No penny stocks in portfolio. 

Long term is what i prefer at this point of time.

Stay away from Penny stocks , but you definitely need midcaps in your portfolio . There are still quite a few value picks , offcourse some risk involved , but those can be multibaggers . if you are under 30 , I would have 50% portfolio of Midcaps/smallcaps and gradually reduce it by 10% every 5 years . 

10 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Stay away from Penny stocks , but you definitely need midcaps in your portfolio . There are still quite a few value picks , offcourse some risk involved , but those can be multibaggers . if you are under 30 , I would have 50% portfolio of Midcaps/smallcaps and gradually reduce it by 10% every 5 years . 

Considering that i am for long term, i do have mid-caps. Some of the mid-caps will be large caps over longer period of time. Large caps, Blue Chip and mid-caps is what i would be adding on. 

LTCG tax has crashed the market. Single largest slide since 2015.

My opinion is that this is a bad move. Already just 8% of Indians are into equities and by taxing more, even the existing investors may think twice now.

A lot of operator driven stocks exist, SEBI should gain confidence of investors by cleaning this mess of operator driven stocks. More and more investors are becoming aware of the operator driven stocks exist and hence they are not entering into stocks. That is one reason why investment in equities is so low.

11 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

LTCG tax has crashed the market. Single largest slide since 2015.

My opinion is that this is a bad move. Already just 8% of Indians are into equities and by taxing more, even the existing investors may think twice now.

A lot of operator driven stocks exist, SEBI should gain confidence of investors by cleaning this mess of operator driven stocks. More and more investors are becoming aware of the operator driven stocks exist and hence they are not entering into stocks. That is one reason why investment in equities is so low.

Dow jones tanked too (plus all major exchanges but not to this extent). 

14 minutes ago, surajmal said:

some correction is probably warranted. Still it's the short term play that is cashing out. Long term investors won't care much for 10% tax. 

Even among long term investors , only a small section takes out more than 1lk in profits . So the impact is only for relatively big investors .

I agree market was due for a correction , infact I think we need another 10% from here . Would be an opportunity for investors for good value picks.

23 minutes ago, surajmal said:

some correction is probably warranted. Still it's the short term play that is cashing out. Long term investors won't care much for 10% tax. 

Yeah, just a sentiment correction. It will recover for sure. But its good time to buy as some large caps are available at discount now.

10 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Even among long term investors , only a small section takes out more than 1lk in profits . So the impact is only for relatively big investors .

I agree market was due for a correction , infact I think we need another 10% from here . Would be an opportunity for investors for good value picks.

Which are the ones you have in mind.

I am eyeing Asian Paints, HDFC bank, L&T, HUL, Sun Pharma, Ultratech, IOC.

Pharmas are down nowadays, with this correction some of them would be available real cheap.

IOC declared 1:1 bonus last week.

55 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Which are the ones you have in mind.

I am eyeing Asian Paints, HDFC bank, L&T, HUL, Sun Pharma, Ultratech, IOC.

Pharmas are down nowadays, with this correction some of them would be available real cheap.

IOC declared 1:1 bonus last week.

Cosco India , Yes Bank , Suprajit Engg , REL ( @850 levels ) , edelweiss .

Small Cap : Nagarjuna fert , Jaypee infra

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

PC Jewellers reached its low of 217 right in front of my eyes , had clicked to buy 500 stocks ..decided against it . its back to 430 levels now :(

It was down in 200 level last Friday too on the news regarding enquiry by SEBI. Vakarangee was also allegedly related in the news.

16 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

It was down in 200 level last Friday too on the news regarding enquiry by SEBI. Vakarangee was also allegedly related in the news.

Yeah I was watching when their mgmt came and clarified on CNBC , even then it was around 260 levels ..could have still bought it . 

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Yeah I was watching when their mgmt came and clarified on CNBC , even then it was around 260 levels ..could have still bought it . 

The management of PCJ through media said that they had nothing to do with price fluctuations of Vakrangee , immediately on the same noon.So the fall was stopped and price recovered to some extent on Friday itself. 

Vakrangee management gave no opinion on this on same day. But they only gave comments on this today. Obviously it has impact that stock more. Hit LC today as well. 

Wondering if SEBI will put it under "T2T" soon.