The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

G_B_

1180 to 1195..

1075 now..

I care for you sunny

I tried these gambles when i started and burnt my ass ..

There is risk to reward..

Shares were up already , so to have a decent upside, result should be reasonably good..

But any minor disappointment will have some severe downside ..

Take tcs , it gave good result but still opened 2% down, because the good news is already factored in

20 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

What's the reason for drop in profits for infy and it majors in general?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

little less than expected profits and revenue..

major disappointment is revenue guidance and they said they have no idea about how brexit will affect them

1180 to 1195..

1075 now..

I care for you sunny

I tried these gambles when i started and burnt my ass ..

There is risk to reward..

Shares were up already , so to have a decent upside, result should be reasonably good..

But any minor disappointment will have some severe downside ..

Take tcs , it gave good result but still opened 2% down, because the good news is already factored in

I made my money by selling more than half of my holdings when it hit 1195.The trick is not to be too greedy and stagger your risks.I still hold some Infy i bought at 1170ish levels.

Just now, Malcolm Merlyn said:

I made my money by selling more than half of my holdings when it hit 1195.The trick is not to be too greedy and stagger your risks.I still hold some Infy i bought at 1170ish levels.

you always tend to catch the lows and highs .. come on dude 

you always tend to catch the lows and highs .. come on dude 

If you want to lessen the burn you need to stagger the risks.But that doesnt mean i havent made a loss here.I have but its not big because i sold stocks at 1190 levels.Not high of 1195.And i told you when i bought the stocks didnt i.

Just now, Malcolm Merlyn said:

If you want to lessen the burn you need to stagger the risks.But that doesnt mean i havent made a loss here.I have but its not big because i sold stocks at 1190 levels.Not high of 1195.And i told you when i bought the stocks didnt i.

i want to teach you that gambling before the results is suicide .. :giggle:

you can make money once or twice , but int he end your money will be wiped out ..

trust me , i am following almost every result from jan this year ( use to follow in breaks before ), and i know few things that doesnt work 

samething applies to gambling before any events like brexit or rexit.. successful traders gamble in options or atleast they hedge 

and as far as i know , this is the first tome 3 years that infy announced their results after market open , usually they announce it before mkt opens

7 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Strong set of numbers for ril. Beat estimates...

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

yep..  GRM number is really good , not sure how much inventory gain contributed..

last quarter too , RIL beat all estimates but there was some pft booking after the results.. 

i want to teach you that gambling before the results is suicide .. :giggle:

you can make money once or twice , but int he end your money will be wiped out ..

trust me , i am following almost every result from jan this year ( use to follow in breaks before ), and i know few things that doesnt work 

samething applies to gambling before any events like brexit or rexit.. successful traders gamble in options or atleast they hedge 

and as far as i know , this is the first tome 3 years that infy announced their results after market open , usually they announce it before mkt opens

Infy declare results in close market so does TCS.I was lucky or would have been burnt.Lets see what Tata steel and Auto sector does.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Infy declare results in close market so does TCS.I was lucky or would have been burnt.Lets see what Tata steel and Auto sector does.

Infy results always come  just before market opens except on trading holidays .. And i can guarantee that 

And all Tata companies declare results after the mkt closes 

Trust me i follow this religiously :bandit:

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

What else did i say?

They declare results in close market.

nah .. you might have been screwed even more if infy did announce it on their usual time

like it might have opened 8 to 9% gap down instead of flat 1% like today

trust me .. if u r trading on events / results we need to know when the results ll usually come

and i have a list of the companies and their result timings :bandit:

screen-shot-2016-07-15-at-7-29.png

nah .. you might have been screwed even more if infy did announce it on their usual time

like it might have opened 8 to 9% gap down instead of flat 1% like today

trust me .. if u r trading on events / results we need to know when the results ll usually come

and i have a list of the companies and their result timings :bandit:

screen-shot-2016-07-15-at-7-29.png

Yes i would have been screwed.But i didnt get burnt that badly because by the time the time results had opened i had sold some of my holdings.Massive save tbh.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

@velu

You believe IOC will beat estimatez?

i never gamble before the events/results .. thats my learning after burning my ass initially :giggle:

most of the times we cant guess the reaction to the result if the results are good or bad.. 

we retail guys cant guess how much of the price movement is already factored in before any event..

that is why i wont gamble before the result

if i am forced to gamble , i would always short the stocks before the results if people are already expecting it to give good results..

cos if they didnt meet the expectations , stock will tank .. if results are inline , stock will be flat  

good example is TCS and INFY today

Edit:-

If you still want to gamble , buy calls or puts or do long straddle/strangle..

Edited by velu

i never gamble before the events/results .. thats my learning after burning my ass initially :giggle:

most of the times we cant guess the reaction to the result if the results are good or bad.. 

we retail guys cant guess how much of the price movement is already factored in before any event..

that is why i wont gamble before the result

if i am forced to gamble , i would always short the stocks before the results if people are already expecting it to give good results..

cos if they didnt meet the expectations , stock will tank .. if results are inline , stock will be flat  

good example is TCS and INFY today

Edit:-

If you still want to gamble , buy calls or puts or do long straddle/strangle..

Well i have my strategies.

Like the rest of my Infy holdings i would be holding them for long now.Because over the next 2 quarters i expect infy to recover.

Well i have my strategies.

Like the rest of my Infy holdings i would be holding them for long now.Because over the next 2 quarters i expect infy to recover.

Investing is for uncles only.. No kicks and zero fun .. dnt do

Have you read big short or seen the movie?

Half blind doctor made a billion