Strange test match

As I watch the highlights of this game I wonder why is this particular match so strange. Few of the things that come to my mind are :

1. Bad decesions from the umpires
  2. Symonds gets 4 decesions in his favour (all in one inning)
  3. Gilchrist dropping some of the easy catches
  4. Indians deciding not to protest against the umpires
  5. Ponting withdrawing appeal after appealing first

Whats happening in this game? I havent seen a game yet where so much has happend in 2 days. I wonder whats in store for the next 3 days.

australian fielding was not good in 2003 series also..Gilly dropped Dravid in that famous Adelaide test. when you say its strange...well is not, we were victims of bad umpiring since 92 series.
1985-86 was the worst of all. We led in all three tests and should have won the series 2-0. The series was ultimately drawn 0-0 with daylight thuggery by the umpires.
The umpiring gaffes has certainly made sure this match made some international headlines. Otherwise' date=' its been as normal as any other match played between two good teams.[/quote'] Were it not for the umpiring headlines, India would have been well on it's way to a series levelling win here, which would have made proper cricketing headlines rather than the human element gibberish.
Were it not for the umpiring headlines' date=' India would have been well on it's way to a series levelling win here, which would have made proper cricketing headlines rather than the human element gibberish.[/quote'] Say we insult our intellect to the level of actually accepting that had umpires not made those mistakes and Aus were bowled out for 250 odd, can you guarantee to me that Ind would have still made huge first innings score for them to be in strong position ? If you say Aus should have been bowled out for 250, I say India could have been bowled out for 180 in its first innings.Can you prove me wrong ? Atleast now, do you realize how futile/usless all this speculation is ?
Say we insult our intellect to the level of actually accepting that had umpires not made those mistakes and Aus were bowled out for 250 odd, can you guarantee to me that Ind would have still made huge first innings score for them to be in strong position ? If you say Aus should have been bowled out for 250, I say India could have been bowled out for 180 in its first innings.Can you prove me wrong ? Atleast now, do you realize how futile/usless all this speculation is ?
I don't know how to answer this naive post, Sriram. If you bowl out the opposition on a patta for 250, 9 times out of 10 you'll win the match.