Harbhajan summoned by match referee

lol of course not. I couldn't care less. I'd probably be more offended if you called me a M***er*f***er or something similar which the aussies dish out all the time but is considered offensive albeit not racist. Like I said.. cultural gap.

hahahahahaha, this wonderful......troll troll troll your boat zubin of course the aussies can take it you *****.....but when you use use a racist word or name the player doesn't have to take it, hence singh being called to front match umpire..... your logic is circular and wrong but keep it up, i need a good laugh:hysterical:

wow some great posts there....from zubin and vinayak1986 your ignorant comments are a sign you have no education, tolerance about people of other countries, races etc....it's as bad as calling all indians a bunch of curries, terrorists, caste loving, goat herding, call centre working money grubbing dalits.....as yes, i have seen some australians use these terms in the past about indians. its extremely disgusting from both sides but the issue was that sledging can only go so far, once you bring in race you have over stepped the line..... perhaps singh could have kept it humourous, like when glenn mcgrath asked heath streak why he was so fat, the zimbabwean player responded "every time i fu@k your wife she gives me a biscuit" :hysterical: racism = not on by anyone....
Nice way of sliding all that in :hysterical:
You missed the funny bit of the article Resuming on 21, Ganguly dominated the scoring ahead of a more circumspect Tendulkar, taking to spinner Brad Hogg until he drove with the outside half of the bat to be caught at mid-off by Mike Hussey for 67 from just 78 balls with seven fours and a six. Ganguly had decided to go after fellow left-hander Hogg with some gusto but was so horrified to give his wicket to the 36-year-old Test rookie for a third time in as many innings that Ganguly showed his disgust like a 12-year-old by bashing his bat on the ground. :giggle: What a sook ... I mean the author of the article ... 1. Why so much disrespect for ganguly ?? 2. How does he know or what prrof does he have that something racist was said and if so then what were the exact words ... :finger:
which retard wrote the article whats wrong in being upset about getting out, it shows how much his wicket means to him and he's not there just for money about the whole symo-bhaji situation i think its all BS, symonds seemed too calm during the whole ordeal , i dont see someone like him or ponting being so calm had something racist been said

If the aussies don't have some really good evidence against harby other than Mr. sensitives word...then I guess it is time to takeMr sensitive, Mr harby bunny and the biased aussie papers to the cleaners! The players should tell the BCCI to get the best lawyers and throw in their precious money behind harby or not expect them to be loyal in future. It is time Mr sensitive is taught race is not to be used as a gamne plan.

but when you use use a racist word or name the player doesn't have to take it
Again, i will re-interate. Monkey is NOT a racist word and neither does it carry racist connotation in MOST of the world - Indians, Chinese, Arabs, etc. ALL use monkey as a comment synonymous with 'fool/idiot' etc. And yes, by sheer #s, the connotation of monkey = fool FAR overshadows the few white slaving colonial cultures that used 'monkey' as a racist thing. It may be racist in your euro-orignated culture, it is NOT in ours. Stop whining about this being insensetive or that being insensetive- we Indians don't go whining at you chaps for the disgusting treatment meted out to cows in your country (slaughterhouses and all that nonsense) despite it being a pretty obvious offence to Indians. And if you wanted to take a poll about whether 'monkey' is a racist taunt or a taunt about stupidity in most of the world - feel free but let me assure you, given its connotation being 'stupid' in practically ALL over Asia and there being less white people (and slave descendant black people) in the world than Indians, let alone whole of Asia, you wont get the poll either. Just get over it and get over yourselves. Really.
Again, i will re-interate. Monkey is NOT a racist word and neither does it carry racist connotation in MOST of the world - Indians, Chinese, Arabs, etc. ALL use monkey as a comment synonymous with 'fool/idiot' etc. And yes, by sheer #s, the connotation of monkey = fool FAR overshadows the few white slaving colonial cultures that used 'monkey' as a racist thing. It may be racist in your euro-orignated culture, it is NOT in ours. Stop whining about this being insensetive or that being insensetive- we Indians don't go whining at you chaps for the disgusting treatment meted out to cows in your country (slaughterhouses and all that nonsense) despite it being a pretty obvious offence to Indians. And if you wanted to take a poll about whether 'monkey' is a racist taunt or a taunt about stupidity in most of the world - feel free but let me assure you, given its connotation being 'stupid' in practically ALL over Asia and there being less white people (and slave descendant black people) in the world than Indians, let alone whole of Asia, you wont get the poll either. Just get over it and get over yourselves. Really.
Good post CC. Anywhere you're needed in the Politics subforum. Modi-worshipping starting up again.

blah blah blah.... ever heard the expression when in rome etc? by all your reasoning then as in india monkey is not offensive so the australians shouldn't be offended.......someone should explain that to the aussie team....because in australia calling a mate a c@cksucker or c@nt or a motherf@cker etc can be a term of endearment......therefore i think the entire indian team and a few of the people on this board are c*nts and motherf@ckers.....particularly CC and zubin you c@cksuckers.... no offense intended of course :haha:

blah blah blah.... ever heard the expression when in rome etc? by all your reasoning then as in india monkey is not offensive so the australians shouldn't be offended.......someone should explain that to the aussie team....because in australia calling a mate a c@cksucker or c@nt or a motherf@cker etc can be a term of endearment......therefore i think the entire indian team and a few of the people on this board are c*nts and motherf@ckers.....particularly CC and zubin you c@cksuckers.... no offense intended of course :haha:
Yes but IF Harbhajan did use the term monkey, then it's a question of intent. As other posters have noted IF he did use the term then I believe the intent wasn't racist.
ever heard the expression when in rome etc?
You do not mean that genuinely. If you did, you wouldn't be whining about Symonds getting abused in a racist way in India by the fan-calls. So can i hold you to your own 'when in Rome...' comment and say that Symond's abuse was NOT racist since it is NOT a racist connotation in India and he was in India ? If you can concede that point, then i can agree that IF Harbhajan used the 'monkey' word (which btw, is definitely NOT a certainty as has been implied in some circles- the issue hasnt been discused with the match refferree yet, so don't jump the gun, mate), it was insensetive considering he is in Australia now. Otherwise, you are nothing more than yet another in a long line of ignorant Aussie about foreign cultures.
this is my first post in ICF..aussies can insult' date='abuse..do whatever they like..when its directed at them they cant take it.. when the ****ing mcgrath called jayasuriya 'black monkey' he was left scot free. when the present STAR CRICKET gentleman michael slater abused venkatraghavan,it was dismissed as an 'one off' incident..what the ****ing rights do they have to question bhaji?? and no can certainly blame the crowds for calling symonds a monkey!!!HELL,he looks like one!!!!! note that they were pretty friendly,nice,affable till today,cuz they were sure india wasnt a challenge.. today they realised india can be a threat,so all these talk,we also saw brett lee trying to soften up ishant.. actually,we should not expect better behaviour from aussies..!!![/quote'] Yes...totally agree with you...no wonder aussies disliked Sreesanth...coz he also gave them back just like Bhajji did....and these mofos can't take sledging...but surely like to sledge other players.

some of you seem to be a little ignorant on how the world works.....it called cultural sensitivity....you make allowances for other cultures feelings, pov's, expressions etc so as not to give offence intentionally or otherwise.... or to put in less than 4 syllable words for some of the morons of this board, it's called "awareness" of others... if you were in the US and you called an african american a monkey do you think you might be accused of being racist even though you disengenuously say you weren't because in india it isn't considered so? no, you'd probably get a cap in your ass ...same here in australia....you can say it isn't racist but it is here...think about it... or perhaps not, i don't want anyone to strain their faculties in persuing this line of thought :giggle: ab asino lanam for some of you

some of you seem to be a little ignorant on how the world works.
I can say the same about you- infact i DO say the same about you and i highly doubt you've had the varied experience i've had on how the world works either.
or to put in less than 4 syllable words for some of the morons of this board, it's called "awareness" of others...
Exactly. So where is your apology or acknowledgement about the overreaction of the whole 'racist comment' over Symonds in India ? Where is your awareness and cultural sensetivity to know that it is NOT a racist reference in India and to most people of the world ? Where is YOUR comment about 'when in Rome....' now ??? Do you agree that Symond being referred to as a Monkey by the Indian crowd was not racist ? Yes or no, please. Only then can you even TRY to lecture us about cultural sensetivity. Oh btw- Indians are as culturally sensetive as you get- we arnt just a white country with a terrible past that's knowledge of foreign culture or cultural tolerance is about letting a few immigrants in and knowing a bit about their food. We are a country where there are DOZENS of different NATIVE cultures- who's been here as a civilization for thousands of years, who differ on practically every aspect, including culture, food and value system. So kindly, keep your ideas of cultural sensetivity to yourself (though i admit, it does apply to a few retards here) because in general, Indians are far more culturally aware and tolerant than the average Aussie.