Delhi Air So Dirty You Can Taste And Smell It

velu

10 minutes ago, Texy said:

Not just Delhi, Indians in general don't give a shit of anything other than their own lives, paycheck and house. I remember seeing people in Calcutta, keeping the inside of their house spic and span but throw garbage out in the street. I have seen Indians here boasting of working for Google and Microsoft, making $200k a year and still not buy deodorant, not practice any sort of recycling. Indians inherently are dirty and selfish and that's how they run their cities, villages and country. And in comparison, look at Japan. 

There needs to be an attitude change to sanitation in our country no doubt.  

9 hours ago, Texy said:

Not just Delhi, Indians in general don't give a shit of anything other than their own lives, paycheck and house. I remember seeing people in Calcutta, keeping the inside of their house spic and span but throw garbage out in the street. I have seen Indians here boasting of working for Google and Microsoft, making $200k a year and still not buy deodorant, not practice any sort of recycling. Indians inherently are dirty and selfish and that's how they run their cities, villages and country. And in comparison, look at Japan. 

Considering the fact that this country was the land of great sages and esoteric knowledge, the current attitude of indifference towards the general well being of the people and environment is a classic case of paradox. One would wonder from where such indifference arose? 

4 hours ago, MechEng said:

Considering the fact that this country was the land of great sages and esoteric knowledge, the current attitude of indifference towards the general well being of the people and environment is a classic case of paradox. One would wonder from where such indifference arose? 

Exactly. Even the West was unsanitary til as late as 18th century. Read somewhere people in Europe would bathe only once or twice a week due to fear that staying in water too long would bring in sickness. What went wrong with Indian society?