Should they be called back?

Guest Hiten.

Should they be called back?  

1. 1.

• YES - Fully support the walkout
    • NO - we should "play for a draw" despite the umpires!

Brilliant response finey ... MM ... this is serious stuff ... they sing the national anthem before the match ...
All ya guys acting in such an immature manner, there are other low-profile, yet equally effective methods to get the job done. Walking out, mid-way in a cricket match will be a huge embarrassment, both for Ind team and the board, do you even realize what kind of controversies it can create ? Firstly, who decides we are going to walk out ? The captain ? What if the coaching staff over-ride it ? If it turns out badly and BCCI employs a fact-finding team, who takes responsibility ? But beyond all that, walking out means you forfeit the match, and essentially the series. You dont allow moments of anger to literally destroy your chances of staying in a series. The smart thing to do will be, to see if we can save this match, and launch a low-key yet powerful campaign behind the scenes, like the one we did to over-turn the Mike Deness ban, to get our job done. Before you suggest something, do you even ponder over the implications for a moment ?
and they did the absolute right thing. Being PC does not help ... you need to realize that there is no shortage of people who respond to the kick rather than the kiss ..
Your opinions defy logic and common sense, no point responding.
You want team mgmt to file "official complaint" to ICC inbox. They will file it in archives. :icflove:
I said, other silent but equally effective methods. That means, no docile complaint and waiting to see if something happens.
Today? This whole match has been a farce. And guess what' date=' this is not a one off match.[/quote'] Yes, the whole match has been a farce, not this isnt the case always.

MM, This test or series is a farce. Losing this does not mean anything to us given umpires have already screwed it. I rather see Kumble make a strong public statement by walking out rather than "worry abt series loss" - this is meaningless really in this context. "BCCI Fact finding" - what do they want to ban Kumble? The players 16 should show solidarity and together support the walkout. BCCI wants to ban all 16? Let them. They wont dare. This whole "being scared of repercussions" from BCCI and ICC have made our players into total chickens.

If you literally mean always, then you're right, but it happens far too often, not in this degree, but couple of crucial ones are enough for one match. BW counted 19-5, SL also were at the receiving end in the last series. SRT and Lara have been screwed over and over again.

I dunno if its official but BCCI might lodge a complain

Something not right, says Rajiv Shukla INDIATIMES CRICKET NEW DELHI, January 6: After shocking and unacceptable dismissals of Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly on the fifth and final day of the currently underway second Test, the Indian cricket board has frowned at umpiring decisions in Sydney Test. According to news channel Times Now , BCCI vice-president, Rajiv Shukla said, "We need to take a hard look at the decisions. Dravid's and Ganguly's dismissals are shocking." "The BCCI are raising the issue with board president Sharad Pawar. This is not the way umpiring is done," added Shukla. Even Indian cricket veteran Sunil Gavaskar is outraged with the wrong umpiring decision. Umpire, Steve Bucknor once again came under the scanner after he adjudged Dravid out for 38, while Mark Benson declared Ganguly out in a controversial decision on Day 5 of the Sydney Test.
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Something_not_right_says_Rajiv_Shukla/articleshow/2678425.cms
MM, This test or series is a farce. Losing this does not mean anything to us given umpires have already screwed it. I rather see Kumble make a strong public statement by walking out rather than "worry abt series loss" - this is meaningless really in this context. "BCCI Fact finding" - what do they want to ban Kumble? The players 16 should show solidarity and together support the walkout. BCCI wants to ban all 16? Let them. They wont dare. This whole "being scared of repercussions" from BCCI and ICC have made our players into total chickens.
As i keep saying, if you want to get something done, you dont do it the worst possible way, in this case, it would to walk out. Our lobby in international cricket is strong enough for us to push through comprehensive measures to reform the umpiring system if we put our minds to it. Walking out may create sensational headlines in the short-term, but will not yield any long term benefits in the long term. And worse, forfeiting the match means we lose the Border-Gavaskar trophy. Not a wise thing to do, with 2 tests remaining.

MM, This behind the scenes by BCCI wont happen automatically, becos BCCI babus will not act. Players need to take it into their own hands. Take it and walk out. That will force BCCI to get involved. Else, BCCI will ask AK to "file a report" and BCCI will sit back and watch.

You can do it all correctly and nicely .... considering we are batting AK and the seniors could have made a few phone calls and told them about the strategy and kept everyone in the loop .... but yeah it requires understanding of the simple concept of unity and making a point in no uncertain terms.
Yes, phone calls, SMS, emails it can be done. UNITY and SOLIDARITY of all 16 players also are needed.
Guest Hiten.

Game of cricket has to be completed no matter how bad the opposition players act or how the umpires fck u up. Its not fair for the game of cricket nor the supporters. Moreover, it gives a chance for the opposition team/media to ask more questions about your "mental toughness". I am glad India didn't make walking out decision.

Its not fair for the game of cricket nor the supporters. Moreover' date= it gives a chance for the opposition team/media to ask more questions about your "mental toughness". I am glad India didn't make walking out decision.
Not fair!?? If anything is not fair, it is the match continuing despite all the nonsense. THAT is unfair!
I see you care more about extra-curricular activities like ''seeing Kumble make a strong statement'' rather than the cricket itself. Eventually, its a game, and you should let the ball (or bat) do the talking. Face it, we aren't good enough against the Aussies YET (we still have 2 more tests so don't lose heart). Now I know you will bring up the umpiring decisions, so say all of them went with us...I would like to know whether you would be willing to bet your life on an indian victory. Personally, I wouldn't as the aussies have definitely been better than us. how do you explain bhajji and kumble, both supposedly ''world class'' spinners, not getting enough wickets on a turning track yesterday??? anyway, enough with my rant....but im just tired of people over here playing the victim card...face it, aussies have outplayed us, that's why they are at the brink of victory.... although im hoping we somehow sneak in a draw:D.
I see you care more about extra-curricular activities like ''seeing Kumble make a strong statement'' rather than the cricket itself. Eventually, its a game, and you should let the ball (or bat) do the talking. Face it, we aren't good enough against the Aussies YET (we still have 2 more tests so don't lose heart). Now I know you will bring up the umpiring decisions, so say all of them went with us...I would like to know whether you would be willing to bet your life on an indian victory. Personally, I wouldn't as the aussies have definitely been better than us. how do you explain bhajji and kumble, both supposedly ''world class'' spinners, not getting enough wickets on a turning track yesterday??? anyway, enough with my rant....but im just tired of people over here playing the victim card...face it, aussies have outplayed us, that's why they are at the brink of victory.... although im hoping we somehow sneak in a draw:D.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Now tell me FL, is this post stupid or what?
Guest Hiten.
Not fair!?? If anything is not fair, it is the match continuing despite all the nonsense. THAT is unfair!
You CANNOT sort out bad umpiring decisions on the field itself. So there is no sanity in opting to walk out and forfeit the match. Do you even realize that forfeiting the match is a much more bigger and worse than losing one? Let our boys fight. Ever over survived by our batsmen is making me feel proud and it should do the same to you. Come on INDIA :isalute:
Guest Hiten.
I'd even agree to anything more forceful than this Since..not interested in watching cricket anymore
come onnn.... our boys are fighting hard to salvage our pride. Back them to the core now. COME ON INDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :dance::dance::dance: