The Great BUCKNOR Thread

Who cares? A win is a win. If I were an Aussie, I'd be celebrating right now. Australia weren't responsible for the bad decisions, and although they had their slices of luck, they outplayed India during the last 2 days, the business end of the match. India should look hard at themselves. If a tailender such as Kumble can stick around for ages and score 45*, what were the established batsmen doing? Symonds and Clarke took 6 wickets between themselves. Wasn't this the same track on which Indian spinners bowled earlier today? I sincerely hope Kumble is looking at these things, and not bemoaning the umpiring. Real winners never do that. If I know the man at all, he'll come back with renewed energy at Perth. C'mon team!

'I have a problem with India': Steve Bucknor This guy is more of a vampire rather than an umpire. Blind as a bat, deaf as a post, Cheap Ducknor is nothing but a dumb guy who believes in seeking cheap thrills. Our sports correspondent Bored Masoomdoor interviewed the jerk and came back convinced about his sub-human intellect and abysmal knowledge of the rules of cricket. BM: What seems to be your problem, Mr Ducknor? Why is the Indian team at the receiving end of your poor decisions? CD: Who said that? I cannot see anyone but can hear some voices. Can you come closer? BM: I am sitting opposite to you. Do you have problems with your eyes? CD: Yeah and I cannot hear much either. BM: Ok, forget that and answer my question. CD: Its all due to the Indian film industry. BM: How is that? CD: Some years ago I had approached a famous Indian director for a role in an upcoming movie. I was to be the lead joker of the movie. The movie never took off and all my dreams were grounded and I swore revenge. It was then that I decided to become an umpire to take revenge on every Indian. I found many other aspiring jokers in the ICC who were more than willing to accept me in their fold. BM: So you became a vampire I mean umpire for taking revenge? CD: Yes, and I am doing pretty well, don’t you agree? BM: Have you completely given up on your acting dreams? CD: No that time when the cameras caught me aping Rahul Dravid, I was actually practicing my usual routine. I often practice that in between matches. BM: That"s is why you have no time to concentrate on the match and make correct decisions, right? CD: Precisely BM: But, if you have no time to see each delivery, how do you make decisions? CD: It’s a very scientific process. I watch the expression on the face of the batsman, the intensity of appeal, reaction of the crowds and of course finally I do a toss in my mind and decide. In case of Sachin, I just give him out as I love to see the frustration on his face and the relief on the face of the bowler. BM: Aren’t you ashamed? Doing drama on the field and abusing your powers as an umpire? CD: You people should be ashamed. All I asked for was a role as a joker in a b-grade movie. Was it too much to ask for? If you had given me that chance, you wouldn’t have had to see the freak show that I put up everytime India plays and I officiate. BM: How will you continue like this? CD: As long as possible. Besides these days I am receiving plenty of fan mail. The other day I got a mail from someone claiming to be from Al faeyda. He told me that he was impressed with the way I harass the Indian team and wanted to know if he could take up umpiring for other sports involving the United States. BM: Is it true that you had some sort of offer from Madam Tassauds? CD: Yes, theywanted to know if I could chip in for a dummy that has been sent for repairs. They wanted me to stand in the museum instead of the dummy.I have agreed as I have plenty of experience standing emotionless and brain dead for hours at a stretch. Bored Masoomdoor Sports editor prayukth.co.nr For more interviews log on to www.prayukth.co.nr

This guy is more of a vampire rather than an umpire. Blind as a bat' date= deaf as a post, Cheap Ducknor is nothing but a dumb guy who believes in seeking cheap thrills. Our sports correspondent Bored Masoomdoor interviewed the jerk and came back convinced about his sub-human intellect and abysmal knowledge of the rules of cricket. BM: What seems to be your problem, Mr Ducknor? Why is the Indian team at the receiving end of your poor decisions? CD: Who said that? I cannot see anyone but can hear some voices. Can you come closer? BM: I am sitting opposite to you. Do you have problems with your eyes? CD: Yeah and I cannot hear much either. BM: Ok, forget that and answer my question. CD: Its all due to the Indian film industry. BM: How is that? CD: Some years ago I had approached a famous Indian director for a role in an upcoming movie. I was to be the lead joker of the movie. The movie never took off and all my dreams were grounded and I swore revenge. It was then that I decided to become an umpire to take revenge on every Indian. I found many other aspiring jokers in the ICC who were more than willing to accept me in their fold. BM: So you became a vampire I mean umpire for taking revenge? CD: Yes, and I am doing pretty well, don’t you agree? BM: Have you completely given up on your acting dreams? CD: No that time when the cameras caught me aping Rahul Dravid, I was actually practicing my usual routine. I often practice that in between matches. BM: That"s is why you have no time to concentrate on the match and make correct decisions, right? CD: Precisely BM: But, if you have no time to see each delivery, how do you make decisions? CD: It’s a very scientific process. I watch the expression on the face of the batsman, the intensity of appeal, reaction of the crowds and of course finally I do a toss in my mind and decide. In case of Sachin, I just give him out as I love to see the frustration on his face and the relief on the face of the bowler. BM: Aren’t you ashamed? Doing drama on the field and abusing your powers as an umpire? CD: You people should be ashamed. All I asked for was a role as a joker in a b-grade movie. Was it too much to ask for? If you had given me that chance, you wouldn’t have had to see the freak show that I put up everytime India plays and I officiate. BM: How will you continue like this? CD: As long as possible. Besides these days I am receiving plenty of fan mail. The other day I got a mail from someone claiming to be from Al faeyda. He told me that he was impressed with the way I harass the Indian team and wanted to know if he could take up umpiring for other sports involving the United States. BM: Is it true that you had some sort of offer from Madam Tassauds? CD: Yes, theywanted to know if I could chip in for a dummy that has been sent for repairs. They wanted me to stand in the museum instead of the dummy.I have agreed as I have plenty of experience standing emotionless and brain dead for hours at a stretch. Bored Masoomdoor Sports editor prayukth.co.nr For more interviews log on to www.prayukth.co.nr
Good one..:haha:

Bucknor is paid six-figure salary for on-field work Besieged Steve Bucknor has pocketed $120,000 in the past 12 months - for 34 days of officiating, it was reported by the Australian media here Sunday. As cricket's most experienced umpire fights to save his illustrious career, it has been learned Bucknor, a Jamaican citizen, earned a six-figure salary in 2007 for the equivalent of just over a month's work, the Herald Sun reported. The 61-year-old's wage, a flat rate paid by the International Cricket Council (ICC) to its elite umpiring panel, equates to about $440 an hour for on-field duties. But former Test quick Len Pascoe defended Bucknor, saying ICC umpires' exhaustive travel demands warranted a $250,000-a-year salary. While Bucknor is a venerated figure in umpiring circles, a series of blunders has prompted critics to question whether he retains the sharp eye and concentration to remain a top-performing ICC official. In a forgettable eight-month period, Bucknor: Was part of the umpiring squad that misinterpreted the rules regarding bad light at the World Cup in April, prompting the farcical finish to the final between Australia and Sri Lanka, which ended in darkness. Was subsequently suspended by the ICC for the Twenty20 World Championships in September. Delayed filling in his visa application in November, preventing him taking his place for the first Test between Australia and Sri Lanka in Brisbane. Failed to give Australian century-maker Andrew Symonds out to a regulation caught behind when he was 30 on day one of the second Test against India. Failed to refer a stumping decision to third umpire Bruce Oxenford with Symonds on 148 as replays indicated the all-rounder's heel was raised and outside the crease. Bucknor has previously indicated his desire to continue umpiring until 2011, by which time the veteran of a record 120 Test matches will celebrate his 65th birthday. But Pascoe said it was time for the ICC to remove Bucknor from the heat of battle and use his experience in a consultancy role. 'I think once an umpire reaches the 60 (age) bracket he should be placed in a mentor/statesman role and not in the heat of battle expecting perfect vision,' Pascoe said. 'I don't care who it is, when you reach 60 you are not at the peak of your powers. 'Is someone Bucknor's age as sharp as someone who is in their late 30s? I doubt it.' Bucknor oversaw four Test matches and 16 ODIs in 2007. He was not required for third umpire or match referee duties, meaning he was employed in an on-field capacity for just 34 days. http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/303b19022816233b/id/315420/cs/1/

Stevie Blunder Bucknor... Ehtesham Hasan West Indian umpire Steve Bucknor has been involved in a few controversies with the Indian team over the years. Here’s what we found. 1992 India vs South Africa: It was the first Test match in which the ICC had introduced the third umpire. SA were 90 for 6, when Jonty Rhodes was run out by almost a foot. Bucknor refused to go upstairs despite Ravi Shastri and other Indian players coercing him to do so. SA recovered from there to 350 with the batsman in question scoring 90. 1998-99: India vs Pakistan: Shoaib Akhtar obstructs Sachin Tendulkar as he fails to make it to the crease. Bucknor turns a blind eye and refers to the third umpire. As the red light flashes and Tendulkar walks back to the dressing room, Eden Gardens erupts and police chase the crowds out of the stadium for the match to continue. 2003-04: India vs Australia: Sachin Tendulkar was given out leg-before at a crucial juncture when the ball appeared to be going well above the stumps on bouncy Brisbane track. 2003-4: India vs Australia: Bucknor was caught mimicking Rahul Dravid on camera at the Sydney Cricket Ground. The Indians lodged a protest with the game’s governing body. 2003-04: India vs Australia: India were denied a piece of history on the final day of the Sydney Test after Bucknor turned down many close LBW appeals against the Australians. Sourav Ganguly in his post series report to the ICC gave Bucknor very poor rating. The ICC rewarded them by appointing the Jamaican for the high-voltage three-Test series against Pakistan. 2004: India coach John Wright barged inside match referee Ranjan Madugalle’s room after he was unhappy Bucknor’s umpiring at the Gaddafi Stadium. Wright felt that the West Indian was biased, India lost the match. 2005: Bucknor, standing in his 100th Test, a feat achieved at Kolkata, made it one of his most memorable outings when he adjudged Tendulkar out caught behind when the bat was no where near the ball. So taken aback was Tendulkar with the decision that a few teammates reckoned he actually shed a tear. 2008: Bucknor rules Andrew Symonds not out after the batsman edged the ball to the wicketkeeper. Australia were 193 for 6 at that stage and they went on to score 376 for 7 at close of play. A few Indian cricketers swear they have never hard such a loud nick before. Ian Chappell reckons it was the worst decision he has seen after surviving one against Michael Holding during Kerry Packer days.