Bhajji banned for 3 tests : Tour could be cancelled

Guest HariSampath

My Lovely and Simple Thoughts Australian Cricket an an Institute of Sledging and Teasing, ( I won't mention Racism ) - if anyone is hypocritical, its them There is a saying in urdu, ( fugget abt the translation..it only makes sense in urdu ) " Sau Chuhe Khakhe Billi Haj ko Chali " Mind you, branding the whole of Australia is very wrong, the Sydney crowd showed how much they appreciate solid cricket, I wonder how disgusted and bad they might feel for their own countrymen now. I hope they recover from the shock

what else did you expect people call you ... with your inane ' date=' peurile and smart alecky oneliners plus there is that now famous "Look at the scorecard Bossby" line ? and before I forget that idiotic smiley --> :regular_smile:[/quote'] And this from someone who made a point of announcing he was putting me on ignore. :regular_smile: By the way, Bossby, I didn't invent that line. In my younger days, one of my team mates had a go at the umpire, after a match, saying, "Mate, I wasn't out when you gave me out" (and referred to the dismissal). The umpire calmly replied, "Yes you were. Look in the scorebook". Of course, when I referred to it, the subtlety went right over your head - as it did with Annakin, Shwetabh and others.

@Donny...one or two decisions in a five day match is pardonable.. when a team has been on the receiving end of nine decisions going against them, no one can argue that the other team has won. And for you Aussies,the icing on the cake is that your bunny captain can now escape from Bhajji's spitting cobras... Anyways who wants to be humiliated by an off spinner at WACA?

Guest dada_rocks

Donny take it up urs.........:finger: . I have been tolerating ur crap given ur age but it seems u are senile and don't respond to anything other than stick

... right over your head. Totally missing the point.
No, Swetabh isn't missing the point-your point is pretty obvious and i doubt many here are missing it. However, you seem to be completely oblivious about the double standards in umpiring and pathetic display of conduct by the Aussies and the match-refferee alike. But hey- when $hit goes your way, why complain, right ?

Proctor Defends himself Harbhajan Singh banned for three Tests 'I stand by my decision' - Procter Cricinfo staff January 7, 2008 spacer.gif Mike Procter, the ICC match referee who handed Harbhajan Singh a three-Test ban for alleged racist remarks against Andrew Symonds, has defended his decision to punish the Indian offspinner. "I am South African, and I understand the word racism," Procter told the Sydney Morning Herald. "I have lived with it for much of my life.This was not a case of just taking the word of an Australian over an Indian. I stand by my decision. I believe the process was a fair one. I intend to carry on for the rest of the series, because I don't have a problem with India. I have always had a good rapport with Indian players. Procter said it had been a tough day at the office for him. "Obviously this has all been very difficult for me. I didn't get to sleep until 11am [on Monday], and then only for a couple of hours. It has been one of the most difficult days of my life." Procter said Sunday's hearing was not a heated affair and was unsure when the procedure for the appeal over the ban would take place. However, he did say the hearing into Brad Hogg's alleged remarks would be conducted on either January 13 or 14 in Perth. ----------- This is what i have been alluding to for long now, Obv Proctor couldnt have made his decision based on Aus players' comments. He obviously has some proof.

there will be a few phone calls tonite - or more likely, there will have been already. harbhajan's ban will be appealed and he will play. there will be another enquiry, after the series and it will go 50/50 in return for that, the umpires will remain unchanged.
This is what I said yesterday. Looks right (so far) - such are the vagaries of those in power

We must cool down, there is fault on both sides Fellow Indian cricket fans We must understand that for black like Symonds, word "monkey" is highly offensive, regardless of whether it is common insult in India. We must also remember bad crowd behaviour in Mumbai last year (signs like "Why monkey between kangaroo?" and monkey noises towards Symonds). Bhajji ban is therefore correct. Imagine if we said "monkey" to touring West Indies side. Racist language cannot be tolerated. South African Mike Proctor know how pernicious is racism, given the history in his country. There is a precedent. Australian Lehmann was banned 3 matches for calling Sri Lankans "black ...s" a few years ago. Australian Dean Jones was sacked as commentator for calling Hashan Amla (who is Muslim) a "terrorist". Therefore, we must accept same for Indian player. At the same time, Clarke should be heavily fined for dissent for not walking when caught at slip (as was Yuvraj in last test) and Australians should be fined for over-appealing on last day of test. Also umpires should be stood down for numerous bad decisions in test (eg Symonds not out when he clearly hit ball, Ponting lbw when he clearly hit ball). Let us all cool down and accept wrong on many sides, not just Australian. Rajesh

Fellow Indian cricket fans We must understand that for black like Symonds, word "monkey" is highly offensive, regardless of whether it is common insult in India. We must also remember bad crowd behaviour in Mumbai last year (signs like "Why monkey between kangaroo?" and monkey noises towards Symonds). Bhajji ban is therefore correct. Imagine if we said "monkey" to touring West Indies side. Racist language cannot be tolerated. South African Mike Proctor know how pernicious is racism, given the history in his country.
what r u... 8 year old??? Did bhajji make those signs?? did bhajji make those monkey noises?? then why should he be punished for somebody in the crowd did that. I am actually pretty sure u r another one of trolls...
There is a precedent. Australian Lehmann was banned 3 matches for calling Sri Lankans "black ...s" a few years ago. Australian Dean Jones was sacked as commentator for calling Hashan Amla (who is Muslim) a "terrorist". Therefore, we must accept same for Indian player.
Nobody knows what was said on the pitch, cos there is no proof. it was symo's word agianst bhajji, then how did Procter reached "beyond reasonable doubt". In the above cases, there was always somebody who heard it... in case of Lehmann, everybody in the dressing room (SL and Aus) heard it... Dean Jones was stupid enough to say it during commentary... He probably thought it would be funny...

If it wasn't for those rotten umpires India may have actually been competitive and drawn the test match. Wouldn't that have been something to get excited about!!! The Australian public are morbidly disappointed with the standard of Indian cricket after we were pumped for the best series in years. Might as well cancel the tour we all know what the result is going to be!