Do you want the tour to be called off ?

Chandan

Do you want the tour to be called off ?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't say

Guest HariSampath
how can anyone? indian players ( SRT & Bhajji ) say he didnt' date=' [b']aussie players say he did ( 5 of them )_....someone is incorrect ( and i wont get into it as other have here ) obviously procter has decided he said it....as i said earlier he should make public how he arrived at this... i created a thread earlier saying bhajji should be found not guilty as it was inconclusive....one players word against another...obviously procter missed my post on that....
Wrong. Among the Aussie players cited as witnesses by Australia team management, only Hayden and Clarke have said they heard bhajji say it . Ponting, Gilchrist and umpires haven't heard anything. The way to look at it is , of all those who were supposedly close to the incident ( if we exclude Symmonds and Bhajji ), here is the breakdown. 1. Sachin : Says clearly that Bhajji said no such thing 2. Ponting : says he heard nothing 3. Gilly : Heard nothing 4. hayden : says Bhajji said it 5. clarke : Bhajji said it 6. 2 umpires : Heard nothing ( we can exclude Bucknor as he hears nothing anyway) From the above, it seems to me that apart from Hayden and Clarke, no one heard Bhajji say what he is supposed to have said. From the positions they were in at the time of Bhajji talking to Symmonds, it is impossible for these two to have heard anything AND Sachin and umpires hearing nothing, apart from Ponting and Gilly. Significantly, Gilly was closer to Bhajji than hayden , and considering Gilly hears even non existent edges, he surely must have heard Bhajji say something. From all these things, the evidence of the Aussie two is discredited ( apart from the fact their credibility is always been questioned ) We have to conclude , not merely inconclusive...but CONCLUSIVELY that Bhajji had said no such thing and Symmonds and Clarke and Hayden have to be banned by the ICC for making provocative and wild allegations of racism

I've had to search long and hard within to determine whether my initial chants at India pulling out were because they now have no chance of winning and in all probability will lose convincingly. After much reflection and cutting through all the crap that we've seen over the test match I just can't get Dravid's dimissal out of my mind, a decision which cost us the draw and which was the nail in the coffin. I'd like to see the Indians back home. No more doubts.

My compromise would be 3-fold: (a) Continue the tour, but our players will take the field wearing black protest armbands. In the meantime, appeal the ban strongly suggesting that the tour will be called off if the ban is not lifted within 7 days. (b) Agree to have Bucknor officiate at Perth, but only as the square-leg umpire. In addition, Asad Rauf should have a veto to refer any of Bucknor's decisions to the 3d umpire. I will et all my ICF$ that Bucknor will not be able to take this humiliation and will recuse himself. Problem solved. © Repeal the Kumble-Ponting gentleman's agreement. Strictly instruct the umpires NOT to consult the fielders in the decision-making process. Am I just too naive?

My compromise would be 3-fold: (a) Continue the tour, but our players will take the field wearing black protest armbands. In the meantime, appeal the ban strongly suggesting that the tour will be called off if the ban is not lifted within 7 days. (b) Agree to have Bucknor officiate at Perth, but only as the square-leg umpire. In addition, Asad Rauf should have a veto to refer any of Bucknor's decisions to the 3d umpire. I will et all my ICF$ that Bucknor will not be able to take this humiliation and will recuse himself. Problem solved. © Repeal the Kumble-Ponting gentleman's agreement. Strictly instruct the umpires NOT to consult the fielders in the decision-making process. Am I just too naive?
Yes

Please don't call off tour If we call off tour, then maybe Australians will call of their tour to India, which will be a shame for all Indian cricket fans. It also makes us look like sore losers in the eyes of Australians and many others in cricket world (I note this is the view expressed in the Pakistan cricket forum). It is also Sachin's last tour to Australia, which we should not mar with bitterness. I would prefer we call for replacement of the two umpires, who have been most at fault in this match.

If Harbhajan's ban is over turned before the Perth test, India should play. They have got rid of Bucknor, sent a strong message to the ICC, and cleared Harbhajan of any racism charges. Those were the immediate goals. Battles about technology, cutting down on Australia's boorish on field behavior, fair play by referees etc. are not things one can accomplish over a few days.

Did I see the Australian team carry on like little school boys when several bad decisions were given against Brett Lee in the first test? - NO! I believe the Indians are being very bad sports - They comprehensively got smashed in the first test, made a contest out of the second and still lost, so they sooked and whinged! The Indians have become racist because you are sore loosers, and call the oposition 'monkeys' and then threaten to boycott because you are punished. We don't stand for any racismism in Australia, so my suggestion is that the Indian team packes its bags, go home in disgrace (and as 2-0 loosers) and keep practising the game and your manners before returning back!

Nah' date=' just call of the tour and cancel the Aus tour to India as well. For 2008, let there not be any bilateral matches between Ind and Aus. Those cheats dont deserve to play with us.[/quote'] Thats the pot calling the kettle black! WHy don't you go back to India with them fool!
If we call off tour, then maybe Australians will call of their tour to India, which will be a shame for all Indian cricket fans. It also makes us look like sore losers in the eyes of Australians and many others in cricket world (I note this is the view expressed in the Pakistan cricket forum). It is also Sachin's last tour to Australia, which we should not mar with bitterness. I would prefer we call for replacement of the two umpires, who have been most at fault in this match.
This is the BEST response to the disucssion to-date! Well done Rajesh - We have a great rivalry and with stupid comments from Fineleg makes matters look worse than ever!

If Sachin, Anil and Dravid want the tour called off, then that is a different matter. If such respected players not given to hotheadedness actually feel that way, their opinions should be respected. However, I do not think BCCI should take unilateral decision without unanimous agreement from senior players, who though aggrieved may wish to take revenge on field rather than political action.

Did I see the Australian team carry on like little school boys when several bad decisions were given against Brett Lee in the first test? - NO! I believe the Indians are being very bad sports - They comprehensively got smashed in the first test, made a contest out of the second and still lost, so they sooked and whinged! The Indians have become racist because you are sore loosers, and call the oposition 'monkeys' and then threaten to boycott because you are punished. We don't stand for any racismism in Australia, so my suggestion is that the Indian team packes its bags, go home in disgrace (and as 2-0 loosers) and keep practising the game and your manners before returning back!
Take this: :reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy::reddy: