Team India on way to Canberra

Rajiv

Relax guys, obviously now, Every media house will report all sort of nonsense. In another 15 hours, when it will be Wed morning in Aus, things will be much clearer. Till then, we will keep getting all sort of contradicting news. Better not pay too much heed to any of them. If team Ind, sch to leave for Canberra on Tues night didnt leave, even by Wed afternoon, we know things are in trouble. That gives the media another 18 hours to sell its stories !

YES, TOI isn't the best source In the end it might be they went to the local restaurant called "Canberra" Canberra reminds me of a $15K question on "Who wants to be a Millionaire" The contestant had no idea what the capital of Australia was so he asked the audience, guess what they picked "Sydney" 2 Days ago, this guy in my office cries out that he can't understand a word when this Aussie calls him, he said what the hell is cr@pberra Lil I knew, Canberra would be a hot topic on ICF

Come on guys, the ban cant be lifted just like that. Both Proctor and ICC will look absolute Dodos then. For now, the priority will be, to ensure this tour goes on without any more glitches. The appeal is one way to ensure Bhajji plays in Perth, and Bucknor will be replaced citing some "unforeseen personal circumstances"

Sriram' date=' according to NDTV the BCCI wants the appeal to be heard today.[/quote'] How could that be possible ? Who would the arbitrator be ? Surely not Proctor again ! Obviously it has to be some other independent adjudicator from the ICC and it will take him 3-4 days to even get to Aus. Why is the BCCI acting in such a moronic way ! Appeal against the ban, so that Bhajji can play in Perth, do all you can to get Bucknor replaced, let the tour go on - makes everyone happy for now !

If ICC holds another appeal as per BCCI's request, it would just be a formality & Bhajji would be set free. See how quickly they withdrew Bucknor, after they knew that the tour wont go on. There is too much money involved in the two tests and all the ODIs India are set to play.

YES, TOI isn't the best source In the end it might be they went to the local restaurant called "Canberra" Canberra reminds me of a $15K question on "Who wants to be a Millionaire" The contestant had no idea what the capital of Australia was so he asked the audience, guess what they picked "Sydney" 2 Days ago, this guy in my office cries out that he can't understand a word when this Aussie calls him, he said what the hell is cr@pberra Lil I knew, Canberra would be a hot topic on ICF
:cantstop::cantstop::cantstop:
How could that be possible ? Who would the arbitrator be ? Surely not Proctor again ! Obviously it has to be some other independent adjudicator from the ICC and it will take him 3-4 days to even get to Aus. Why is the BCCI acting in such a moronic way ! Appeal against the ban, so that Bhajji can play in Perth, do all you can to get Bucknor replaced, let the tour go on - makes everyone happy for now !
The Indian team has put the pressure on the BCCI that they will not play till the racism charge over Harbhajan is cleared.

It's ICC and Aussies who have created a mess and screwed us -- so it's them who have to clean it NOW. Untill then, if BCCI has any shame left -- team India should not proceed to Canberra. If once we proceed for next match -- "Chaltaa hai" attitude of babus will creep in and things will be brushed under carpet and as usual BCCI will keep counting the cash flow forever.

The Indian team has put the pressure on the BCCI that they will not play till the racism charge over Harbhajan is cleared.
Obviously, there must have been sufficient grounds for Proctor to make the decision he made, in the first place. He would have known that the whole of Ind would erupt and there would be an appeal, so he must have weighed all those things, before pronouncing the verdict. He obviously had a case, or else he will look stupid later on. If the Ind team feels it can PROVE that Bhajji is innocent, let them use the proper channels to clear him. As i said, i think the team is just upping the ante as such, just to test the threshold and spice things up. Things will settle down very soon.
Obviously, there must have been sufficient grounds for Proctor to make the decision he made, in the first place. He would have known that the whole of Ind would erupt and there would be an appeal, so he must have weighed all those things, before pronouncing the verdict. He obviously had a case, or else he will look stupid later on. If the Ind team feels it can PROVE that Bhajji is innocent, let them use the proper channels to clear him. As i said, i think the team is just upping the ante as such, just to test the threshold and spice things up. Things will settle down very soon.
Dont overestimate the intelligence of ICC chumps. Indians dont have to prove anything. The onus is on Proctor to prove Bhajji is guilty. Unless Bhajji himself admits to what he said (it doesnt appear so), its a clear case of white vs brown.
You are just not making any sense now. It's clear that the match referee gave more weight to Hayden and Clarke's comments than Tendulkar's. That's all there is. No umpire testimony, no audio evidence, no video evidence. Now that is racism and there is no reason behind racism. Racist loonies behave without logic that's why they are racist loonies. Either that or Ponting really wants Harbhajan out. And believe me, Proctor will look very stupid later just like Denness did when the charges are thrown out. And no the Indian team doesn't have to prove any innocence of Harbhajan, the ICC has to prove that he was guilty. That's natural justice principle.
Dont overestimate the intelligence of ICC chumps. Indians dont have to prove anything. The onus is on Proctor to prove Bhajji is guilty. Unless Bhajji himself admits to what he said (it doesnt appear so)' date=' its a clear case of white vs brown.[/quote'] you think Proctor is naive enough to make such a bold judgment without evidence ?
You are just not making any sense now. It's clear that the match referee gave more weight to Hayden and Clarke's comments than Tendulkar's. That's all there is. No umpire testimony, no audio evidence, no video evidence. Now that is racism and there is no reason behind racism. Racist loonies behave without logic that's why they are racist loonies. Either that or Ponting really wants Harbhajan out. And believe me, Proctor will look very stupid later just like Denness did when the charges are thrown out. And no the Indian team doesn't have to prove any innocence of Harbhajan, the ICC has to prove that he was guilty. That's natural justice principle.
There would have been no judgment without hearing, and no hearing without evidence. There is no way Proctor gave that judgment without evidence, but what that evidence could be, we dont know. Maybe its just Ponting's word, or Bhajji accepting he said that word to either the refree himself or the on-field umpires. Lets assume for now Bhajji didnt say the monkey word, what has stopped the Indian team from making a formal statement that says Bhajji didnt say anything racist ?