Symonds ...

Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds, at the centre of the racism row that led to the ban of Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, has been gagged by Cricket Australia and ICC from commenting on the heated topic in his newspaper column. Explaining reasons behind not carrying the column, the daily said, "Symonds was gagged by Cricket Australia and threatened with censure by the ICC." The Sunday Telegraph was not granted access to him despite Symonds' contractual arrangement to write a weekly column through the season, the daily wrote. Interestingly, Cricket Australia's media office offered to provide a column written by one of their employees under Symonds' name, dealing only with matters relating to play and not the "monkey slur" racism crisis, but the daily rejected the offer. "Our readers do not deserve to be subject to such censorship," the newspaper said. "A column written by a CA employee under Symonds' name would not fit in with the principles of this newspaper or this company. Nor would it be of any value to readers. When times get tough, cricket officialdom goes missing, preferring to protect revenue at all costs, way over and above any obligation to inform the great fans of this country, without whom there would be no game at all," it said.
This shows that it's just not one or two players but the whole establishment is full of Ratbags! You got to be ashamed of your deeds Cricket Australia! :finger:

Video of Bhajji inconclusive to this aussie from Channel 9 ( tv station covering cricket here in australia )....at 57 seconds i don't read that as "monkey by Singh, then again i can't read anything that is being said....too blurred... and as i said earlier still very surprised at verdict.....but not happy at 1 minute & 4 seconds with Indian supporters sign...."how come one monkey (symonds) amongst kangaroo's" video is b@llshit but sign isn't....why no other aussies called monkey or son of monkey, monkey's best friend, girlfriend of monkey etc? page 2 of video's...video called "symonds bares racial taunts" http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt=en-au&brand=ninemsn&tab=s166&wa=wsignin1.0

Racist taunt OK, but only from friends: Symonds It's a statement that could worsen the racism row between India and Australia. Aussie cricketer Andrew Symonds has gone on the offensive against Harbhajan Singh ahead of the hearing on the latter's appeal against a three-match ban. Speaking to Australian newspaper Sunday Herald Sun, Symonds said that Harbhajan had overstepped all boundaries when he allegedly called him a ‘monkey’ during the Sydney test. He said he will tolerate comments on his Aborigine heritage only from friends and Harbhajan is not one of them. "If you know me well you can have a joke to me about anything and any part of racism and I will laugh. I am not sensitive about it, but if I am not your friend, if you are an opposition player or something like that, it is unacceptable,” he said. Ahead of the Perth Test against India, Symonds declared he could tolerate racism - but only from those he knew. However, Symonds said some rival cricketers could afford to make a racist comment without raising his ire. "Even with opposition players, if I do know them well and they want to joke about something like that, it doesn't stir me up so what's happened is something I and the Australian boys have taken very seriously,” PTI quoted him as saying in the international daily. "It (the racism affair) is a really difficult thing for me to comment on as it hasn't been totally resolved," he added. "Obviously, people are very interested in what's happened but they probably won't actually know exactly what's happened for quite some time, until the dust has settled," Symonds said. But he claimed Harbhajan's actions, during a Test match, had annoyed him because it breached the boundaries of social acceptability. "I'm very relaxed about life and I understand there are many different types of people," he said. "You know, I used to have a bit of fun and people used to have a bit of fun with me in the playground when I was at school so I understand that kids are very blunt about that sort of thing. "But it (racism) is one of those things that, in the modern day, is obviously very publicly unacceptable," Symonds said. The racism allegations against Harbhajan had literally threatened to derail the Test series. India had threatened to walk out after Harbhajan was found guilty in a controversial hearing by the ICC panel.

Under norma circumstances, Aus have EVERY right to complain if something racist was said to one of their players. But the whole world knows they have said much worser things at opposition players in the past. That is why there is a world-wide lack of sympathy for the Aus. If some player had said the same sort of thing against a West Indian, the whole world would have roundly condemned it.