Request to contributors

Ok, there is a lot emotion and anger in a lot of fans and most of it is justifiable but please be respectful to others on the board. Attack the posts not the posters. There is way too much "idiots", "morons", "convicts" etc. going on. Doesn't serve any purpose but litter the message board and a lot of good points and posts get lost in the meaningless message board quarrels. One thing to be extremely careful of is not to generalize. You don't like Ponting fine, you don't like the Australian team fine, you don't like Bucknor fine, but please don't generalize millions of people based on a few individuals. Keep calm and enjoy posting.:two_thumbs_up:

Bans hardly ever happen here, suraj. The idea behind the site is to provide a place where people can respect contrary viewpoints without getting abusive and express their feeling without being censured. And posts like my OP of the thread are more or less redundant at most times. But these are frustrating times and a lot of people have been going overboard. The final goal of the site is self moderation, where posters won't say anything abusive to others not because they might get banned or their posts deleted but because they are mindful of the other person's sentiments. As you can see we are a long way from it. Regarding monkey comments, I think the occasional jab is nothing for us to get all worked up about given how Australia has made this non issue into an issue, but repetitive monkey jokes and abuses are not going to be encouraged either. Let's say it will be considered a mild abuse.

Will it come with a 3 week ban?
Thats hard to say, without seeing your pic. A 2 inch sample of your forearm outer skin would be good enuff. In the absence of any evidence or the info requested, we'll likely take Donny or aussie fan's word for it.
Bans hardly ever happen here, suraj. The idea behind the site is to provide a place where people can respect contrary viewpoints without getting abusive and express their feeling without being censured. And posts like my OP of the thread are more or less redundant at most times. But these are frustrating times and a lot of people have been going overboard. The final goal of the site is self moderation, where posters won't say anything abusive to others not because they might get banned or their posts deleted but because they are mindful of the other person's sentiments. As you can see we are a long way from it. Regarding monkey comments, I think the occasional jab is nothing for us to get all worked up about given how Australia has made this non issue into an issue, but repetitive monkey jokes and abuses are not going to be encouraged either. Let's say it will be considered a mild abuse.
It was not a serious question- I was just kidding but thx anyway for the detailed response- wish ICC could be this clear in their thoughts!
:congrats: on original post. couldn't agree more' date= I will certainly keep this in mind when i tend to get a little heated on this board. as for sensible andrew ( probably the only aussie who is :D ) i'm sure he will be back soon.
nice post mate
Ok, there is a lot emotion and anger in a lot of fans and most of it is justifiable but please be respectful to others on the board. Attack the posts not the posters. There is way too much "idiots", "morons", "convicts" etc. going on. Doesn't serve any purpose but litter the message board and a lot of good points and posts get lost in the meaningless message board quarrels. One thing to be extremely careful of is not to generalize. You don't like Ponting fine, you don't like the Australian team fine, you don't like Bucknor fine, but please don't generalize millions of people based on a few individuals. Keep calm and enjoy posting.:two_thumbs_up:
Agree... I have been a big offender .... :((Gusse mein na jaane kya kya post kiya... But seriously I was so angry that I couldn't even sleep properly. I apologise.........:embaressed_smile:

Most of the time guys who attack posters are the ones who run out of ideas. You find lot of immature posters who tend to try this route. For any discussion forum to be successful it is important to have two sides of a story. It is a gentlemen approach to respect your opponent and attack him with thoughtful opinions rather than childish and ignorant personal attacks. I hope Shwethabs OP makes a difference in this forum from now onwards! :two_thumbs_up:

Most of the time guys who attack posters are the ones who run out of ideas. You find lot of immature posters who tend to try this route. For any discussion forum to be successful it is important to have two sides of a story. It is a gentlemen approach to respect your opponent and attack him with thoughtful opinions rather than childish and ignorant personal attacks. I hope Shwethabs OP makes a difference in this forum from now onwards! :two_thumbs_up:
Gentleman agreements have not een working lately in cricket- hope our understanding on gentleman approach is similar to Kumble's rather than "cheater" Ponting