Analyzing Pontings "good" over "bad"

Rajiv

This is about the 1st Innings bump catch, he claimed he never caught it and was a replica of Clarke's catch Now, are these guys selective to score brownie points to eventually score at a time when it works to their advantage? His character and sledging aside, he obviously didn't plan the dhoni bump catch and had to take clarke's word but was it a mistake he made during dhonis bump or he got so desperate that all his ethics and integrity was washed down.

In the context of the match - not claiming Dravid's catch when he was clearly struggling and not scoring quickly in the 1st innings is not the same as claiming Dhoni and Ganguly with victory staring Aussies in the face and the only thing standing between them and the victory is time. No contest - Ponting is all talk when push came to shove he acted like a cheat that he is.

In the context of the match - not claiming Dravid's catch when he was clearly struggling and not scoring quickly in the 1st innings is not the same as claiming Dhoni and Ganguly with victory staring Aussies in the face and the only thing standing between them and the victory is time. No contest - Ponting is all talk when push came to shove he acted like a cheat that he is.
yup like rajeev said, they were very selective to score brownie points

Regarding Ponting Ok.. so what has happened has happened. Things seem to be calming down now. A question for Indian fans. Do you really want to see Ponting out of the Aussie team? Would you seriously have any sense of fulfillment at all if India had a win over an australian team that did not include ponting? Please let this not be so! Yes, Ponting is being a bit naughty at the moment, but what about the last 10 years of excellent cricket? Ok.. so the aussies are annoyed at bhajji at the moment. But not for a minute do we not want to see him in your team! I am really looking forward to the next test. This has to be the silver lining to this cloud dont you think?

But the bunny wants him out . What do you think of that? I want Ponting and clarke punished for claiming false catches .Don't tell me they didn't know. They have been playing long enough. Even a one match ban that can be held suspended till they play Bangladesh will be satisfactory.That will teach them they aren't above the law and have to deal with it the same way. I want India to do well against a full strength australia team.

You blokes really take the cake. It's your own characters you should be questioning. You continue to put up scurrilous smokescreens when you really should be looking at how to support your team and be looking for positive solutions to some pretty poor batting by the much heralded Indian batting lineup - Sach, Gangs and VVS excluded.

...Just replaced as captain.

A question for Indian fans.
...And Australian ones? Ponting should definitely stay in the team for his batting ability. But as captain he is rewarded for his leadership skills. I gave Ponting a chance for a while as captain but he has been terrible. Remember the start of his captaincy? His post match speeches were terrible. Not from an enunciation, grammar point of view but from a sportsmanship point of view. Most of the time he forgets to congratulate the opposition. How many times have I waited to hear Ponting's post match speech and been ashamed. Contrast him to Stephen Fleming. Every time Australia and NZ go head to head I wait for the embarrassing speech from Ponting. He is a competitor. He is a batsman. He is not a leader. He is not an ambassador for the game. Where could Ponting go in the world to set up cricket clinics for kids? Ponting should stay in the team and keep his mouth shut. Gilchrist should be captain. Lee vice captain.
Do you really want to see Ponting out of the Aussie team? Would you seriously have any sense of fulfillment at all if India had a win over an australian team that did not include ponting?
Yes I will. And just for the records it is not because of his runs, I mean with Bhajji in team we all know what Ponting's scores typically are. I have no sympathy, or appreciation, for a man who plays against the spirit of the game. Ponting is not being "naughty" as you put Pat, he is plain loony who is willing to bend any rule in the book to win. I wont be exaggerating if I say that Ponting has brought as much infamy to Australia as the prior all captains put together! I am reminded of the incident where an Australian bowled(Ian McKiff ?) was caught for chucking and Richie Benaud shipped him back overnight. Thats the kind of Aussie captain I would like to see - play the game hard but always always with the spirit of the game. No wonder then that the series in which Benaud and Worrell led Australia and Windies in 60s is regarded as the best ever. I wonder if Ricky Ponting has ever been part of a series that has enhanced cricket's image. Chuck the rudeman out I say. xxx
But the bunny wants him out . What do you think of that? I want Ponting and clarke punished for claiming false catches .Don't tell me they didn't know. They have been playing long enough. Even a one match ban that can be held suspended till they play Bangladesh will be satisfactory.That will teach them they aren't above the law and have to deal with it the same way. I want India to do well against a full strength australia team.
You can't ban people for appealing when they are not 100% sure... are your serious! You can't be serious?!? There would be no players left! Players would be too afraid to appeal in case a replay prooves them wrong and they get accused of cheating. Where do you draw the line. What about Bhajji not walking after being clean.. I mean clean.. bowled by Pieteren [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ofCYo7k7M9Q]YouTube - Harbhajan VS Pietersen[/ame] Is this worth a 1 match ban under the new laws you propose? I mean ... please.... you are setting a very boring precedent here.

Finally! some balanced debate Thanks guys.. these comments are great. Well thought out and balanced. I think things are cooling down a bit. Lets look deep into ourselves and try to analyse beyond the simple patriotic emotion and see what is best for the game and our entertainment. After all, to me cricket is a game to be enjoyed. As with my squash, I like my cricket played hard and with passion. Squash has clear rules.. you cannot trade unwarranted comments with your opponent to put them off! I would not like to see sledging fully banned, just toned down a bit. Its the aussie in me you see! :) Thanks all.. keep it up!

I can say the same for you blokes, we know our characters pretty well although I am not sure how others might take your comment I was genuinely looking into the 2 cathces by Ponting, he got one right and the other one was pure cheating I admire your selective trolling though

Ponting who has a brawl in indian bar. Shoved Pawar of stage in presentation in India. And many more The guy is a di#k
I have to agree, that Pawar incident was very rude. I did not know about that. A brawl in a bar is nothing.. dont be stupid. What your your comments regarding the Bhajji youtube video? I have looked at your detail and have agreed and learned. Now it is your turn.

well said rajeev... even in the discn board, donny and our other aussie friends respond selectively.. and keep quite at arguments that they know they are definitely going to lose... like ponting saying that he dint take the catch clean in the first innings, knowing vry well that a referral to the third umpire wud have anyway ruled it not out.. and ofcourse.. the crowd tat wud have watched on the giant screen wud have killed by booing...

You blokes really take the cake. It's your own characters you should be questioning. You continue to put up scurrilous smokescreens when you really should be looking at how to support your team and be looking for positive solutions to some pretty poor batting by the much heralded Indian batting lineup - Sach, Gangs and VVS excluded.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:Quality trolling