[MERGED] Sledging threads: Symonds/Harbhajan/etc

Rajan

now.. dont u think thats insulting me??? so this is my point... yo guys instigate and then go behind the rule book and say.. he pinched me.. he slapped me.. like kinder-gardeners... shame on you...
heh.. lighten up... your post just asked to be poked fun at
heh.. lighten up... your post just asked to be poked fun at
look at how easily u r shrugging it off wen u realized that u insulted me.. wen its dished out.. its a bit of banter.. when u get it in return.. yo run to the refreee.. why this double standard.. i thought u r a reasonable man.. but u r no better than the chief of wild dogs
look at how easily u r shrugging it off wen u realized that u insulted me.. wen its dished out.. its a bit of banter.. when u get it in return.. yo run to the refreee.. why this double standard.. i thought u r a reasonable man.. but u r no better than the chief of wild dogs
what referee? what running? What have you dished out?
Guys quit this generalization against Australians. It is robbing the site of quality.
pls bear with it for a few more days... it wil calm down automaticaly once we hear the outcome of bajji's appeal... till then u gottu live with it.. all of us indians here feel dejected and helpless over wats happening.. this is the only way we can vent our anger and feelings (rightful)
pls bear with it for a few more days... it wil calm down automaticaly once we hear the outcome of bajji's appeal... till then u gottu live with it.. all of us indians here feel dejected and helpless over wats happening.. this is the only way we can vent our anger and feelings (rightful)
No we don't have to live with stupid generalizations of any sort. You want to criticize Ponting, Symonds, whoever have a ball. But branding an entire country of millions of people as "convicts", "racists" etc. is not on and will not be allowed.
Its all good. I just respect how passionate you are about cricket. Wouldn't be so frustrated and angry if you all didn't care about it so much. Convict jokes are fine... (but most people who emigrated to Australia were free settlers, similar to free settlers emigrating to the united states). At the end of the day Australia and India were both colonies of the British Empire... so as long as we both beat the English, while thanking them for introducing cricket, we should be good friends!

Chandan 1:11am article Can someone please do something with the article written by Chandan at 1:11am. In this whole sorry drama, in all that I have read and listened, this is the most insightful analysis I by far. I commend you on a wonderful piece of writing. (And I agree whole heartedly; I think of tennis. There is no rubbish like "what is said on the court stays on the court"... what is said on the court is heard by the crowds; young and old, man and women).

I support calling players anything..... in my book, everything is on.... be it a bastard, convict or a monkey.... as long as there is no physical blows.... what is NOT ON is running to the referee like poosies when something stings u..... which is exactly wat the aussie cricket team did.... now this will set the precedent for everyone to do and soon the game will be robbed of sledging, which i feel has to be there... what is NOT ON is paying money to the umpires to get the decisions ur way.... what is NOT ON is misbehaving with the visiting media when cornered....

In Australia, racisim laws are mostly in place to protect non-whites from insults and discrimination by whites. Based on our racist history, that many of you have commented on, we take that very seriously as we are a little ashamed of our past. You must understand this having centuries of racisim from the british and each other. So yes... we consider the race question to be far more sensitive than the question of insulting ones sexual preferences. For now. The strange thing is, we have these rules out of respect to *you*. Yet you question them! I just dont understand. Dont you enjoy laws and conventions that stop whites from insulting non-whites? or browns from blacks?
Oh puhleeeez! Its just an eyewash for your rotten past or rather mistakes of your ancestors. I couldnt care less for the "respect" resulting from sins of the past.:finger:

>>>>The strange thing is, we have these rules out of respect to *you*. We can take care of ourselves .... >>>> Dont you enjoy laws and conventions that stop whites from insulting non-whites? or browns from blacks? Laws should be for everyone...no PCness required. If monkey is racist...it should be racist for everyone. I don't like it that the N word is acceptable when The African americans use it amongst themselves but racist if others use it. If it is so bad..no one should use it .Period.

OK, You are talking about the Aussie point of view- calling symonds allegedly as a monkey, is "racist". but dont you understand that, alleging a straight guy, as a homosexual is very offensive , in india? becaue Homosexuality is a criminal offence, with jail term over here!
Are you serious? That is a pretty backwards law.