Site Feedback

Gambit

Re: Site Feedback

I don't mind the friendly banter or constructive criticism. There is also no denying the fact that there are some excellent posters on this board, the likes of Dhondy, Lurker, Rajeev etc stand out but there are also quite a few trolls. In many cases it's blatantly obvious that are trying to be silly and seek attention, so this being a suggestion thread for the betterment of this site i suggest that you folks keep a close eye on such posters and once in a while send them a warning or two!
Believe me some have been under the scanner before and have been told to not overdo as well. If it gets outright abusive one of the mods will swing into action surely but as I said there will be few digs surely at Pakistan but as you can see this website is not indulged in that agenda or anything. There is fair bit of cricket covered from around the world as well. If you have one look at the cricket discussions forum you will see there are no threads that are simply created for the sake of Pakistan bashing.

Re: Site Feedback Ravi, Since I joined this board, I wanted to tell you one thing. Can we make the home page neater? At present it looks kind of clumsy. Also a little bigger font will be more soothing to the eyes. But many news things have been added in past one and half months since I joined and full credit to you for that. Keep it up.

Re: Site Feedback Thanks for that kind words Chandan, glad you appreciate it. We had a bigger font and a bigger sized theme at first but we had to forgo that as the size of the website was a bit too wide. People complained of having to right scroll at times and then we put together the current look. When you say clumsy, do you have a particular section of the home page you reckon looks clumsy? BTW if you go to my account and themes you can choose from other themes. There are few that may have a bigger font size than the current one. We are sure looking to better the website on an ongoing basis and surely will consider your suggestions. Thanks for taking time to provide the feedback :wtg:

Re: Site Feedback Ravi, The Dream Blue theme is much better than the earlier one. But the only problem is that that the left hand side margin informing us about the members, their numbers, online status etc remains even after returning to the forum and this certainly stretches the forum page and makes is uncomfortable. Secondly, there can be a better way of mentioning about the active threads. At the moment it isn't looking very neat even in Dream Blue and one that I had earlier, it certainly looked really clumsy. While mentioning the valuable members, why don't we follow the number like: 01 02 03 04 05 .. 10 11 Rather than having it like: 1 2 3 ... 10 11 I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. I have zero idea of a web-designing and so I don't know how easy or difficult it can to put my ideas in place.