A Goat's curse: CSK: lambs for the slaughter

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

Dhoni Warned and his ar$se Tanned...whadda stupid approach, but what a magnificent bowling spell by Tan ...six frigging wkts in 4 overs and all the Chennai batters looked clueless. Bad strategy, by Dhoni...great strategy by Warne, great bowling by Tan and Royals, pathetic batting by CSK, ...only ONE result is justice...CSK get whipped in style, hopefully by 10 wkts and 5 overs to spare. Dhoni is a one dimensional captain, win toss, bat first have same team, same approach, same bowling changes, same fielding placements, ....well..result will be same, and his post match speech too will be same. How the heck can he go in with that duffer Parthiv Patel and Fleming yet again ? Absolutely no idea of what Tanveer was bowling , the CSK batters. They got 2 bad decisions in 1st over, but that is no excuse, because I am sure parthiv and Fleming would have been cleaned up in 2-3 balls anyway. Dhoni is the only one who had actually played Tanveer, as captain he should have promoted himself and played out tanveer at least, but he held back in the batting. Result was batters like Vidyut, Badri etc who have not played international cricket at all, were totally at sea against the swing, seam , pace and bounce of Watson and Tanveer. The batters were so stunned by the terrific bowling that they could just stand like lambs for slaughter or get out playing lame half shots. Dhoni should have fielded and given Ntini and Co a chance on the pitch, and chased a total. But with no idea of the wicket, a bad batting performance in the earlier game, he did exactly what Warne wanted him to do....try to set a total. This is an absolutely foolish thing to do when you are facing a devastating bowler like Tanveer or Malinga, because by the time newcomers figure out his action, the side will be 2 down minimum and probably 3-4 down and its game over. The CSK batters did the mistake of playing Tanveer's action and not his bowling, which was terrific enough. Badri and Raina played absolutely terrible shots, but they cant be blamed as they would have been sitting ducks anyway if they had defended, at least they could have tried to rotate strike, take singles and tried to play till 15 overs. Warne's magic with ball, planning and field setting worked like a charm, and it was almost predictable Dhoni will go caught or stumped. Rajasthan Royals 10; Chennai Superkings nothing....and I am happy Dhoni has a rude slap to his captaincy and approach. The loss against Daredevils was acceptable, and it was just a batting failure by CSK and a Sehwag assault added to it, but today there was only one captain, only one team playing cricket and all the rest were spectators, waiting to be led to the altar and slaughtered. That goat's curse...remember it Dhoni ? A captain who thinks killing an innocent goat gets victories, now think again...its not your neck, but your ar$se, and 11 CSK goats have been slaughterd today

Guest Hiten.

Oh right, 2 losses and its the goat's curses. And when you win, its Dhoni's captaincy. Whine Whine Whine Whine Whine :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

And you're the guy who called him the best LOI captain and called him a brilliant captain. All that changes with 1 bad loss. Heh. And the last statement about the goat is uncalled for. Thats his business - not yours.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Result was batters like Vidyut, Badri etc who have not played international cricket at all, were totally at sea against the swing, seam , pace and bounce of Watson and Tanveer.
Looking at it from a different point of view: Atleast this is a chance for folks like Vidyut, Badrinath to get to bat against good bowlers in good bowling conditions. This experience will help and they need more such situations.

Guest HariSampath
And you're the guy who called him the best LOI captain and called him a brilliant captain. All that changes with 1 bad loss. Heh. And the last statement about the goat is uncalled for. Thats his business - not yours.
I still call him one of the best captains in LOI cricket...my criticism was just for TODAY'S handling of the match. Just like a great batter like Sachin can have a bad day, just like a mediocre batter in T20's like Dravid can have one good over, a fantastic captain CAN have a very bad day in that discipline. Dhoni was not thinking coherently, he misread the pitch. He was even saying that his batting was his strong point and so he doesnt want to put it under pressure by batting second. This itself is muddled thinking, your stronger discipline needs to absorb pressure; and if you think your bowling is "weaker" then the batting must be rolling at 50% extra than your better day effort, meaning minimum of 200 runs. And that cannot happen if you are faced with a pitch with moisture, bounce and pace, and to top it all face a bowler that even the best Indian batters found difficult to handle with a top order of 6 batters out of which NO ONE had faced Tanveer except Dhoni. The Tanveers and Lasith Malinga type of bowlers can settle a game within 3 overs, even test matches, and to go in with your "strong discipline" first up and risk losing a game within half hour was lame. It also means that your "strong batting" is not confident enough of chasing. This lack of confidence is parly because batters like Badri, Raina who were the two other performing batters apart from Hayden and Hussey were batted so low in the order in the earlier game which we lost because of batting and NOT because of bowling. When you have a top order of one dimensional batters, two bad decisions for 2 ducks in first over, a superb bowling spell against which most batting sides would have crumbled between 100-130 today, and an absolute peach of a pitch to aid that bowling, very bad strategy, some poor shots , this is the result. I still put the blame 50% on Dhoni and 50% on batters for CSK's mistakes, but also think they were thoroughly outplayed by a better team with a far superior skillset in the basic batting/bowling depts apart from the Warne factor.

Guest HariSampath

^..Oh I forgot to add...if killing some goat to ensure a win was Dhoni's business, criticising it strongly and saying "may he be cursed for this" is my business, and its not your business to criticise my business :D

Guest HariSampath
^but harisankit, whatz up with "Goat curse" all of a sudden. what next?? VOODOO CURSE???? Where was this goat curse when Dhoni was scoring runs before and chennai was winning
Every goat has its day :D....and today ws its day of curse....but I did not offer that as an excuse or a reason, just referred to it to point attention to Dhoni's village stupidity on a day his cpataincy was on holiday

Guest HariSampath
Today i officially curse the Super Kings' date=' they should loose every match from now till the end of the tournament [/size']
And the ONLY good news for Chennai now is, we are playing the Deccan yadavs next in 2 days, at least we can look forward to that...btw....we are STILL 8 points , sitting along with DD also on 8 pts, and the Deccan duds are 2 points :hysterical:

I'm not sure why you're calling Badrinath a performer ... To an unbiased viewer, he's more of an unknown who has not had enough opportunities to display his wares. He might be good, but one cannot call him a performer based on the limited opportunities he has gotten so far in IPL. Here are his scores in IPL so far: 2nd match: Kings XI Punjab v Chennai Super Kings at Mohali - Apr 19, 2008 S Badrinath not out 31 14 3 2 221.42 8th match: Chennai Super Kings v Mumbai Indians at Chennai - Apr 23, 2008 S Badrinath not out 2 2 1 0 0 200.00 11th match: Chennai Super Kings v Kolkata Knight Riders at Chennai - Apr 26, 2008 DNB 15th match: Bangalore Royal Challengers v Chennai Super Kings at Bangalore - Apr 28, 2008 DNB 20th match: Chennai Super Kings v Delhi Daredevils at Chennai - May 2, 2008 S Badrinath not out 11 5 0 1 220.00 24th match: Rajasthan Royals v Chennai Super Kings at Jaipur - May 4, 2008 S Badrinath c & b Watson 15 14 3 0 107.14 ================

Guest HariSampath

@ticz....Chennai hasnt STILL lost a game to IPL's OFFICIAL Duds....the bottom 4...DD were struck by Mumbai Lightning today...ROFLMAO...the DD's being thrashed by the DUD Mumbai side :hysterical: We have lost ONLY to two sides on top of the table, and not to pretenders...LOL Sehwag saying "nobody can stop me if I get going" LOL...ok, Viru just get going ...HOME, no one is stopping you LOL...."we can chase ANYTHING": Viru..LOL..."you can chase shadows and dreams , Viru, wtf, you couldnt chase 160" :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: