Is it city loyality or regional?

mahenga

Is it city loyality or regional?  

1. 1.

• Yes it will give another reason to hate each other.
    • No, people will forgive and forget once out of the stadium.
    • It will turn into good. City loyalties will bind us against other differences within the city.

A lot of the anti-Chennai superkings feeling on the board is due to 2 reasons : 1. The fact that a lot of CSK supporters went overboard with the gloating when they won 4 in row at the start of the tournament. 2. A dislike for Dhoni because he pipped Yuvraj for the captaincy and then was instrumental in having Dravid and Ganguly out of the ODI team plus some controversial interviews he gave.
Well summarised. For the record; bold part is the reason for me.

OK Yoda, Temujin Khaghan, coffee_rules and zubinpepsi, lets make the record straight. Add me as a NI who wanted not one but two SI sides to go to semis. I wanted Deccan and Banglore to go fwd but again not Chennai :-D Reason is nothing to do with SIs but MSK. My father was in army and posted all around the country. I have heard only positives from him about South Indians. Just as you don't like stereotyping all SIs, similarly I wouldn't like all NIs being grouped as SI haters.
I would classify all North Indians as South Indian haters, simply because I belong to none :--D A big gripe that I DO have with South Indians is that anyone north of Vidhyas seems like North Indians to them :(( So a person who doesnt belong to Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra, Kereala..and maybe Maharastra is North Indian!! That is dumbest logic next to Chicago being in Midwest of USA. How does a Bengal, a Bihar, a UP, an Orrisa fall in NI is frankly beyond me. I suppose Southies wont get too many good marks in Geography :giggle:

I would classify all North Indians as South Indian haters, simply because I belong to none :--D A big gripe that I DO have with South Indians is that anyone north of Vidhyas seems like North Indians to them :(( So a person who doesnt belong to Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra, Kereala..and maybe Maharastra is North Indian!! That is dumbest logic next to Chicago being in Midwest of USA. How does a Bengal, a Bihar, a UP, an Orrisa fall in NI is frankly beyond me. I suppose Southies wont get too many good marks in Geography :giggle:
ur so true.... until this NI thing cameup in mumabi recently... i was thinking beyond andhra n karnataka, the rest r all NIs...:--D

There aren't very many good restaurants serving SI food here in US. That too Non-veg. Don't even try. You should come over to NJ/NY area to taste real good SI food. :haha:
You know I have heard that too. I will like to try it one of these days. There is a great Udupi restaurant in Phoenix and used to be one of my staple place to go really. Then it got busted due to hygiene issue, or lack thereof, by local cops. Was suprising really since Udupi restaurants are some of the cleanest I have been to/
For the same reason NI restaurants have dosas and idlis which remotely look like dosas and idlis. I think the butchering is equally bad in this case as well. Going back to food talk, I prefer eating NI food here in US anyday over SI food. It is pathetic.
I wont disagree with that. Truth be told for most part Indian restaurants in USA are similar in nature anyway. The following is a typical menu: Appetizers: Samosa Vegetable Pakoras Chole Bhathure Dosa Chicken Tandoori. Main course: Chicken Tikka Masala Chicken Chilly Mutton Curry yada yada The most hilarious piece if the Veggie section: Channa Masala Aloo Gobhi Paneer Masala Navratna Korma Palak Paneer Malai Kofta It seems to be one and the same everywhere..Oh and the dessert has to be Gulab Jamun and/or kheer.

What is UP? Central India? How about Karnataka, especially Mangalore? (South) Western India may be? And what about Vizhag? Surely it can't be "madrassi" or as "Southie" as Madurai. Hmmm.... And BTW, using the USA for everything Indian is about dumb as it gets. USA is several times wider than India spanning several timezones. And no, "Southies" don't think everyone who hates them are "Northies", just most of them.

Hate? You gotto be kidding! Any Indian, who is reasonably level headed, can NEVER hate another Indian cricketer or an Indian cricket fan, period. The problem is, a few posters went overboard with their 'sambar snifffer' references, not realizing what is acceptable when it comes mocking jabs. It ok to mock, whats the fun without a bit of sarcasm, but it doesnt sound great when you pin-point your jokes with the food the people eat or the dress they wear or their appearances. My loyalty will always be in this order : India--> Madras-->Utah :giggle:--> Other Indian cities-->Pakistan-->Australia --> The rest of the useless idiots.

what does dharm' date=' hema malini have to do with this?[/quote'] Hema Malini was supposed to get married to Venkatraghavan, the off-spinner. Dharamendra didnt like it one bit, being the hateful Northie of course. Thats the whole angle..*laughs devilishly* Dharamnedra also beat-up Northie Jeetendra over Hema but that doesnt count..

Yoda, I have a serious doubt. Is your boss a North Indian who blatantly discriminates against South Indians, denies 'em of all pay rises, gives 'em the toughest assignments and worst office space etc? :D