does dhoni have anything against badrinath?Or is he just being selfish

Guys, This is a pretty long post which I picked up from a forum.The author is from Chennai and he rants a lot.But beyond that he makes a very valid point. Hi folks, Some of you have asked me what is it that the Dhobi is going to gain by sidelining SB. I don’t know the precise answer to that. But I can sense something is definitely fishy out there. the Dhobi is the person who can answer that question. Ofcourse, I will take his answer only if a lie detector is in place. But what all I can say is that he had systematically screwed the beloved son of Chennai, Subramaniam Badrinath in the inaugural IPL. I have watched many matches very closely and it was just by accident that I happened to watch some of the matches that CSK played initially and then it din’t take much time for me to realize that there has been a pattern in the way the Dhobi would come in the batting order and there is a pattern in which SB would be sent in. I began to watch them very closely and trust me folks, I could say with ease whether the Dhobi is going to come to bat or not. I’ve mentioned about the Dhobi’s modus operandi previously and I’m glad that he has followed that pattern for the rest of the matches also (after I penned that he is screwing up SB). Here are my observations. 1. CSK vs KXIP CSK were comfortably placed at 57/1 before they lost Hayden making them 57/2 in 6.2 overs with a run-rate of over 9 per over. the Dhobi, the adopted son of Chennai, walks in as no.4 batsman. SB was sent in to bat as no.7 batsman behind the Dhobi, Suresh Raina and Jacob Oram. SB faces a mere 14 balls to reach an unbeaten 31. 2. CSK vs MI CSK were 34/1 and then 39/2 in 4.4 overs. A run-rate of above 8 per over. the Dhobi now sends Suresh Raina as no.4 batsman. The third wicket falls at 143 and CSK are comfortably placed at 143/3 in 15.0 overs at a run-rate of 9.53. the Dhobi, the adopted son of Chennai, now walks in as no.5 batsman. SB was sent in to bat as no.7 batsman behind Raina, the Dhobi and Jacob Oram. SB faces 1 ball and remains unbeaten on 2. He has now faced 15 balls in 2 innings @ 7.5 balls per inning and remained unbeaten on both the occasions. What a sad story is unfolding! 3. CSK vs KKR Batting 2nd and chasing an easy target of 148, CSK were comfortably placed at 66/1 in 8.2 overs with a run-rate of nearly 8 per over. the Dhobi walks in as no.3 batsman not to my surprise but to the surprise of my friends when I said he would come in. Match over. SB din’t bat. SB now faced 15 balls and played in 2 innings out of 3 matches @ 7.5 balls per inning and @ 5 balls per match. 4. CSK vs BRC CSK were 22/1 in 3.6 overs. Not surprisingly the Dhobi din’t venture out as no.3 batsman. Then they were 42/2 in 6.3 overs. Suresh Raina comes out to bat. the Dhobi doesn’t want to come as no.4 batsman also. the Dhobi walks in when CSK were 83/3 in 12 overs as the no.5 batsman. Not a comfortable situation but SB could have been asked to bat. Match over. SB din’t bat. SB now faced 15 balls in 2 innings out of 4 matches @ 7.5 balls per inning and @ 3.75 balls per match. 5. CSK vs DD CSK were 23/1 in 3.2 overs. the Dhobi decides not to come as no.3 batsman. CSK then go on to 65/2 in 8.1 overs at 8 runs per over. the Dhobi as expected walks in as no.4 batsman. SB was sent in as no.7 batsman behind Vidyut (the debutant), the Dhobi, Morkel and Suresh Raina. SB faces 5 balls to score an unbeaten 11. SB now faced a total of 20 balls in 3 innings out of 5 matches @ 6.66 balls per inning and @ 4 balls per match. What a sorry state of affairs for the beloved son of Chennai, Subramaniam Badrinath. Well, looks like the team can have many new names but this immensely talented SB isn’t just worth it to come up the order. 6. CSK vs RR CSK were 0/1 in 0.1 overs. the Dhobi again doesn’t come out as no.3 batsman. They were 1/2 in 0.5 overs. As expected the Dhobi doesn’t come out as no.4 batsman also. They were 11/3 in 2.5 overs. As expected the Dhobi doesn’t even come in as no.5 batsman. Hear ye. SB has some ‘good’ news now. He was sent in as no.5 batsman – for the first time he came in the top half of the batting line up in 6 matches. What a strange co-incidence that the Dhobi comes in as no.6 batsman – for the first time he came in the lower half of the batting line up in 6 matches, in the very match where CSK were confronted with the toughest situation. the Dhobi doesn’t have to worry about getting the blame if the entire top order fails. And if he gets some runs at atrocious strike rate that can be recognized as a face saving innings. Oh yeah Ranja, the Dhobi doesn’t have time to think about small things as he has too many things on his mind to worry about. 7. CSK vs DC CSK were 4/1 in 0.5 overs, 15/2 in 3.3 overs. the Dhobi is not be seen as the no.3 or no.4 batsman. CSK were soon reeling at 33/3 in 5.4 overs. Hear what the Dhobi doesn’t come in as no.5 batsman as well. As usual why not let SB face the music and if he too fails, no way anybody could blame the Dhobi as the entire top order failed. Good scheming from the Dhobi. the Dhobi scores a pedestrian 23 off 31 balls. Ofcourse, it was a ‘face saving’ batting from the Dhobi you know! Half way into the tournament SB faced a mere 38 balls in 5 innings out of 7 matches @ 7.6 balls per inning and @ 5.42 balls per match. Oh yeah, the Dhobi had too many things to worry about and can’t worry about this tremendous talent called Subramaniam Badrinath. Yeah, the Dhobi is busy in calculating when he himself should come in the batting order and yeah he must be having a special software which had to be fed with the complex parameters of match situations to calculate exactly when he should be coming in to bat. 8. CSK vs DD Chasing a target of 188, CSK were comfortably placed at 62/1 in 6.1 overs at 10 runs per over. lo, out walks the no.3 batsman, the Dhobi, not to my surprise. SB yet again finds himself being sent in as no.7 batsman behind the Dhobi, Raina, Morkel and, quite amusingly, Kapugedera. SB faced 5 balls to score an unbeaten 8. SB now faced 43 balls in 6 innings out of 8 matches @ 7.16 balls per inning and @ 5.375 balls per match. 9. CSK vs KXIP CSK were 10/1 in 0.4 overs. lo, the no.3 batsman is not the Dhobi once again. 20/2 in 2.2 overs. well, well, the Dhobi isn’t the no.4 batsman as well. Not surprisingly SB was sent in. SB came out with flying colors playing 4 balls more than what he could manage in all the 8 previous matches put together. I feel so sorry for this great talent called Subramaniam ‘I can be better than Rahul Dravid’ Badrinath. 10. CSK vs MI CSK were 18/1 in 2.5 overs. As usual the Dhobi is not the no.3 batsman. 28/2 in 5.5 overs at 4.7 runs per over. Dear spectators, look at the CSK dug out. SB was sent in by the Dhobi as no.4 batsman. SB once again plays brilliantly to score back to back half centuries. But look at this now. CSK lost their third wicket on 46. the Dhobi doesn’t even want to come out as no.5 batsman and sends in Kapugedera. Kapugedera doesn’t trouble the scorers and the Dhobi had to finally come out of his hiding (which he has been doing quite clearly till now) as no.6 batsman. All of a sudden SB has faced 123 balls in 8 innings out of 10 matches @ 15.375 balls per inning and @ 12.3 balls per match. Thanks only to CSK’s 9th and 10th matches. 11. CSK vs KKR Nothing to say about this match as it was rain shortened. 12. CSK vs BRC Chasing a mediocre target of 128, CSK were comfortably placed at 60/1 in 9.1 overs at 6.66 runs per over. No prizes for guessing. the Dhobi all of a sudden transforms himself into murderous no.3 batsman. hahahahahahahahaha………. Such a loser!! the Dhobi perishes for 4 and the rest is history. SB was sent in as no.5 batsman. I’m glad that he din’t play well in that match. 13. CSK vs RR Confronted with a huge target of 212, CSK were 14/1 in 1.4 overs. lo, the Dhobi, the no.3 batsman is not to be seen once again. 84/2 in 8.3 overs at nearly 10 runs per over. SB is not to be seen. 157/3 in 15 overs at more than 10 runs per over needing 55 in 5 overs. Out comes the Dhobi as no.5 batsman relegating SB yet again to the final soup, when just 13 balls were left, as no.6 just batsman just above Manpreet Goni. What a pathetic schemer this the Dhobi is!? What wrong has he done in their 9th and 10th matches that SB immediately finds himself receiving the rough end of the stick in the next two finished matches? Why was the Dhobi so eager to go in as no.3 batsman when the situation was so easy against BRC and why does he keep hiding himself when the going is tough. Such a loser!! hahahaha……… SB now has faced 128 balls in 10 innings out of 13 matches @ 12.8 balls per inning and @ 9.85 balls per match. 14. CSK vs DC Chasing a mediocre target of 148, CSK were 26/1 in 3.2 overs. no.3 batsman is not the Dhobi as usual. 60/2 in 8.3 at nearly 7.5 runs per over. Same old story. the Dhobi walks in as no.4 batsman. SB finds himself in the dug out as Morkel was pressed into service ahead of SB. Match over. Poor SB can’t get to bat as no.4 or no.5 when it was so easy. Yeah, the Dhobi had to come out if it is easy going. That’s the leagues for you all. SB faced 128 balls in 10 innings out of 14 matches @ 12.8 balls per inning and @ 9.14 balls per match. 15. Semi-Final: CSK vs KXIP That was a walk over. Isn’t it? 16. Finals: CSK vs RR SB was sent in as no.7 batsman yet again. He faces 2 balls to remain unbeaten on 6. His first ball was 19.5. the Dhobi’s antics when the ball was being bowled was worth watching. He runs down the pitch as though he wants to take strike of the last ball. SB just creams the ball and splits the gap between the two longs into two. Way to go SB. the Dhobi had no choice but to stay at the non-striker's end and watch the brilliant SB take strike for the second ball of SB's innings which is nothing but the last ball of CSK’s innings. To me, SB is the unsung hero of this inaugural IPL who was systematically screwed up by the Dhobi. Wow, SB faced a 'staggering' 130 balls in 11 innings out of 16 matches @ 11.818 balls per inning and @ 8.125 balls per match. In those 11 innings he found himself unbeaten on 5 occasions. He faced 27 balls (4.3 overs) on those 5 occassions. In his unbeaten innings, only once did he face more than 10 balls - faced 14 balls (2.2 overs) in their very first match. Taking away those 2.2 overs from the 4.3 overs, he was left with only 2.1 overs (13 balls) in the remaining 4 matches or 3.25 balls per match making it the least for any recognised batsman irrespective of the nationality in the entire IPL. Add to this, the systematic way in which his life was made difficult by the Dhobi. Folks, that recognized batsman happens to be one of the most successful players in the domestic circuit, already Captain of his State and known to possess a cool and intelligent head over his shoulders. If it doesn't seem fishy and just a mere coincidence, then, well,....hahaha..... Now why did the Dhobi resort to such scheming? If it isn’t blatant scheming, then what is it? Come on folks have your say. My take on the issue: It indeed is blatant scheming. If we have to argue for the time being that it isn’t blatant scheming, then there is no other reason than very very poor captaincy by the Dhobi in 1. failing to realize that SB is a proven talent. There indeed is nothing new in there for the Dhobi to search for talent in the supremely talented SB and in the process 2. lost some matches on the way to semi-finals because of inexplicable batting order which finally 3. ended up in losing the finals by continuing the extremely poor batting order which is so obvious. It's a case of "tails you lose, heads I win". the Dhobi's laundering abilities are coming to the fore one by one. He is turning out to be an even bigger repulsive character than Sourav 'PoliticKing' Ganguly.

Not sure about all these conspiracy theories, we have an industry producing them but probably Dhoni does not rate Badrinath high as a batsman is the most likely explanation, specially in T20 - remember a lot of people had doubts on whether he would come good in limited overs cricket. Dhoni's assessment seems to be wrong at the moment, though.

well its clear frm this big post that this guy hates MSD and he obviously is a big fan of badri..well MSD himself rated Badri pretty highly in his column in the CSK website..so i dont see any valid point in this post..and as zap said calling dhoni dhobi clearly shows this mans hatred towards MSD..so u cant even take such a post in to consideration wen it is so highly against one man..yes MSD mite have made some wrong judgements in certain matches but i think he really rates Badri pretty high..

Dhobi is very shrewd and selfish. It was obvious thru out the IPL ..when the situation was easy, he would come in...when the going got tough, he hid behind the badris and all. Dhobi has blinded the chennai fans on this forum and some others as well for that not to see. It was very obvious an dpoint of discussion on the other forums.

well its clear frm this big post that this guy hates MSD and he obviously is a big fan of badri..well MSD himself rated Badri pretty highly in his column in the CSK website..so i dont see any valid point in this post..and as zap said calling dhoni dhobi clearly shows this mans hatred towards MSD..so u cant even take such a post in to consideration wen it is so highly against one man..yes MSD mite have made some wrong judgements in certain matches but i think he really rates Badri pretty high..
i am sure that he hates dhoni tats true and also he rants a lot.but if you read it you will find that he has a point.for whatever reason (conspiracy or low opinion/confidence),Dhoni used to come out when the going was good or the match is in the pocket but used to push badri out when it got tough.and badri has got very limited opportunity even though he had played exceedingly well
so by your logic, all the threads that started calling Yuvraj, yuseless should be dismissed and why didnt u point that out in those threads.

excellent post. i agree with the writer totally. there is no question that badri has been short changed by dhoni and co. the argument that dhoni doesn't rate badri very highly doesn't fly based on-field performance especially after badri proved himself in the limited chances he got. to keep pushing him as back as possible is abolutely shameful and i honestly was glad CSK lost the finals after the fiasco of sending kappu ahead of badri, which dhobi....err dhoni is now convinently calling as "coach's decision".

Perhaps, it is worth remembering this article by Dhoni:

It's good to be back to our winning ways once again, with two victories in our last two games. I don't believe in anything like momentum when it comes to Twenty20 cricket, because, as we have seen in this tournament, you win some and lose some. At this stage in the tournament, the tussle for the semi-finals has got intense, but two sides, the Bangalore Royal Challengers and Hyderabad Deccan Chargers are out of the running. This does not mean that they will not make an impact on the semi-finals any more. In fact, they are even more dangerous now because they have nothing to lose, but could still spoil the party for some semi-final hopefuls. The Deccan Chargers had a very strong batting line-up, and even though their bowling was their weaker suit, it was more than compensated by the team's hard hitting ability. Unfortunately, they were not able to win at regular intervals and the pressure got to the players. Fortunately, we were able to break the chain of losses quickly, and for that I would also like to mention the role played by our franchisee. Having had a long association with cricket, they knew that in this sport winning and losing are part of the game, and they were more interested in the effort than in the result. There was no pressure, subtle or obvious exerted on us, and we were allowed to play our natural game. As far as our performance is concerned it's great to see local talent express itself for the Super Kings. L. Balaji is no stranger to international cricket, but his comeback after a lay-off and injury has been remarkable. We were not really worried about his injury, but we were concerned that he might not be match fit because he had not played cricket for quite a long time. However, he has proved to be an asset, a bowler who will complete his four overs for a reasonable amount of runs, and who has a well-disguised slower ball. I am also impressed with Subramaniam Badrinath who has contributed in almost every game. He is a very intense cricketer, who is involved in all aspects of the game and who knows his role in the side and what he has to do. It also helps that he is a very good fielder. I am also pretty pleased with my own performance in the tournament so far. I know that I might not score a century, but I see my role more as a playmaker and finisher and it's satisfying that I have made quality runs rather than a large quantity of runs. As far as captaincy is concerned, I get the credit, but the team actually has been a great one to lead. We are in Mumbai for our encounter against the Mumbai Indians, and I am actually missing Chennai! We have made Dublin, the nightclub in our Chennai hotel, into our hub, and win or lose, we have a party there. Hopefully, we will be celebrating a win when we get back to Chennai.
It is really easy to point fingers at someone when the strategy doesn't work and to call him biased against a particular player out of jealously is not correct. And it is offensive to refer to him as 'Dhobi' - invalidates whatever you're trying to say because it turns me personally away from reading your article, no matter how informative and well written it might be.

I read it till match #5 but after that I couldn't take it , calling him Dhobi or UV useless once in a while is ok, its ok for a couple of posts to vent out your anger and frustration but to call him dhobi for a whole freaking article ... nah I cant take it .. from what I read , Dhoni came out only in the last 6-7 overs in most games (probably to slog if batting first or in the event of chasing to close the deal)... so I dont know wtf is this guy whinging about

Perhaps, it is worth remembering this article by Dhoni: It is really easy to point fingers at someone when the strategy doesn't work and to call him biased against a particular player out of jealously is not correct. And it is offensive to refer to him as 'Dhobi' - invalidates whatever you're trying to say because it turns me personally away from reading your article, no matter how informative and well written it might be.
Good one, graphics. It's pretty obvious that certain people with a blind following for Yuvraj and others who are never shy of playing the South Indian victim card won't see the cricketing and perhaps logical side of the story. Dhoni isn't the first captain to have made a decision that didn't go down right and won't be the last either - painting him as selfish, regionally biased, insecure etc. is crazy.
I read it till match #5 but after that I couldn't take it , calling him Dhobi or UV useless once in a while is ok, its ok for a couple of posts to vent out your anger and frustration but to call him dhobi for a whole freaking article ... nah I cant take it .. from what I read , Dhoni came out only in the last 6-7 overs in most games (probably to slog if batting first or in the event of chasing to close the deal)... so I dont know wtf is this guy whinging about
++. He has made clear several times that he is afloater in the team and will come out according to the situation. And no, we cannot comment on how he analyzes the situation because he has never made that clear and has not followed any particular pattern either.
Dhobi is very shrewd and selfish. It was obvious thru out the IPL ..when the situation was easy, he would come in...when the going got tough, he hid behind the badris and all. Dhobi has blinded the chennai fans on this forum and some others as well for that not to see. It was very obvious an dpoint of discussion on the other forums.
coming from a yuvi fan, there is no credibility. sorry but try better next time
Perhaps, it is worth remembering this article by Dhoni: It is really easy to point fingers at someone when the strategy doesn't work and to call him biased against a particular player out of jealously is not correct. And it is offensive to refer to him as 'Dhobi' - invalidates whatever you're trying to say because it turns me personally away from reading your article, no matter how informative and well written it might be.
i'm not the author but i picked this article because it makes a lot of sense.people call yuvi yuseless,sachin boss,ganguly gandguly..so where does ur sense of justice go then..for all the author may be a dhobi himself and considers it a privilege to call dhoni dhobi..wahtever. but the point that he raise..that when the going gets tough he sends badri and others and conveniently hides .and when chennai is playing ok...out rides the knight in shining armor. and this is not just the final..as the author points out this has happened consistently in all the matches.so it's not a matter of bad judgement but conscious decision.i understand protecting the technically fragile dhoni from fast bowlers or spinners but what i don't understand is why does he come riding out when the pitch is good or the going is fine.tats the main point about the post and all dhoni lovers are hiding behind the crap about calling him dhobi.ignore that bit and rest of the post is very very valid.
i'm not the author but i picked this article because it makes a lot of sense.people call yuvi yuseless,sachin boss,ganguly gandguly..so where does ur sense of justice go then..for all the author may be a dhobi himself and considers it a privilege to call dhoni dhobi..wahtever. but the point that he raise..that when the going gets tough he sends badri and others and conveniently hides .and when chennai is playing ok...out rides the knight in shining armor. and this is not just the final..as the author points out this has happened consistently in all the matches.so it's not a matter of bad judgement but conscious decision.i understand protecting the technically fragile dhoni from fast bowlers or spinners but what i don't understand is why does he come riding out when the pitch is good or the going is fine.tats the main point about the post and all dhoni lovers are hiding behind the crap about calling him dhobi.ignore that bit and rest of the post is very very valid.
Because he himself doesnt consider himself a technically correct batsman. he is a hitter, Why did Warne send Yosuf down the order in the final? Why was he sent up in the previous matches? It of course obvious to evceryone except the author that when quick wickets fall and you need to consolidate, you need technically correct batsmen. When its a good score, you need hitters.