Countdown to Ishant Sharma being ranked number 1 bowler

Funnily, since his 5-fer against Pakistan very early on his career, I don’t think Ishant has taken another 5 wicket haul. To become no.1 in the rankings, you have to take a lot of 5 wicket hauls. Ishant takes many 3,4 wicket hauls, but never converts them into 5 wickets.

Funnily' date=' since his 5-fer against Pakistan very early on his career, I don’t think Ishant has taken another 5 wicket haul. To become no.1 in the rankings, you have to take a lot of 5 wicket hauls. Ishant takes many 3,4 wicket hauls, but never converts them into 5 wickets.[/quote'] Er he is 20 years old. Give him a chance. I stated he will be no 1 , not is no 1. Thus i am suprised posters cant see he is already a world class bowler ranked no 20 at the age of 20. I think any fair minded observer would feel he should improve significantly given his tender age. So remeber he is already world class and will no doubt improve significantly. I have no doubts he will be No1
Er he is 20 years old. Give him a chance. I stated he will be no 1 , not is no 1. Thus i am suprised posters cant see he is already a world class bowler ranked no 20 at the age of 20. I think any fair minded observer would feel he should improve significantly given his tender age. So remeber he is already world class and will no doubt improve significantly. I have no doubts he will be No1
I didn’t say he CANNOT do it, I said rarely does it. I WANT him to take 5 wicket hauls, I WANT him to be the leading wicket taker in the world.

I dont think Ishant will be able to trump his senior, Zaheer, let alone the likes of Mitchel Johnson and Dale Steyrn, especially since the latter two up hold the mantel of their respective bowling attacks. However, i do expect him to have a sub 27 average before the end of the year, and a sub 24 average before the end of the next year... on the way he might manage one, at most two 10 wicket hauls. one must keep in mind that the test matches that we won overseas were thanks to our nagging spin and superior bowling. the first test of the last south african tour being the single dark horse. as long as ishant and zaheer can dismiss three or more wickets in the first session when bowling first, or remove the openers quickly, i am satisfied. what we need is a stronger spin attack. harbhajan and another spinner, amit mishra would be my first bet.

Funnily' date=' since his 5-fer against Pakistan very early on his career, I don’t think Ishant has taken another 5 wicket haul. To become no.1 in the rankings, you have to take a lot of 5 wicket hauls. Ishant takes many 3,4 wicket hauls, but never converts them into 5 wickets.[/quote'] he doesn't need 5 wicket hauls. consistent 3-4 wickets is far better than 5 fer here and wicketless there. fidel edwards has a host of 5 wicket hauls, yet he boasts a 40+ average. i don't think he's the best bowler in the world, but certainly, steyn, johnson, ishant head the list.

Pakistan is playing lots of Away & Away Test series in 2010.:cantstop: Mohd. Asif will be back by then and Gul already blazed and fired in whatever little number of matches he got. 2010 will be interesting.Ishant is a good bowler, but hardly does anything on sub-continent pitches, to snatch the top spot. He needs to perform consistently on all pitches with both old and new ball.

Pakistan is playing lots of Away & Away Test series in 2010.:cantstop: Mohd. Asif will be back by then and Gul already blazed and fired in whatever little number of matches he got. 2010 will be interesting.Ishant is a good bowler' date=' but hardly does anything on sub-continent pitches, to snatch the top spot. He needs to perform consistently on all pitches with both old and new ball.[/quote'] facts are a bitc h ha?
Mohd. Asif will be back by then
Back into what? Drugs?
and Gul already blazed and fired in whatever little number of matches he got.
Wow! Very dramatic. How come we missed all this blazing and firing? How many five an innings and 10 per match did he get? One six for...very good....against Lanka at home...The only real batsman in that six he got was Jayawardene...and Lanka went on to make 606 in that innings. Real trail blazing that was.

The thing that impresses me the most about Ishant is his ability to be consistent right from the start of his spell. It's very rare for such a young bowler to be able to hit 5/6 deliveries in the right place consistently. It would have been understandable if he had taken a few overs to find the right length to bowl given how it's his first time bowling in NZ but right from the word go he settled down to a very good rhythym and kept it up throughout the day. Compare that with Mills/Franklin who never really looked like they were in a groove until much later in the day.

Pakistan is playing lots of Away & Away Test series in 2010.:cantstop: Mohd. Asif will be back by then and Gul already blazed and fired in whatever little number of matches he got. 2010 will be interesting.Ishant is a good bowler' date=' but hardly does anything on sub-continent pitches, to snatch the top spot. He needs to perform consistently on all pitches with both old and new ball.[/quote'] Give me any other bowler with a better stats than Ishant on the subcontinent pitches and then come back. I'm pretty sure I wont find any of your nandro addicted *****s on the list :D