Please edit the title : Ram-Ravan.

gator

Re: Please edit the title : Ram-Ravan. Honestly, I am a very religious person...... Ram is God and I chant that name with tremendous respect and devotion.... I dont find it funny to see the Lord's name as an advertissement for a cricket match.... I am glad, I cant see the humor in it.....

Re: Please edit the title : Ram-Ravan.

I changed it, it's hard to hurt someone's sentiments and I must have done a good job by creating a thread title Cheers guys..life is full of compromises
dont take it personally, man... different people have different trigger points... as long as u recognize tht, all is cool..... :wtg: for an oz-pak match, u will prolly never ever see a thread titled " Christ Vs Prophet"....

Re: Please edit the title : Ram-Ravan. Just playing devil's advocate......Isn't calling Lankans RAVANA or ASURA racist in this day and age. I mean you are equating them with demons. That way Ramayana may have been a racist portrayal of the Lankans. Actually Michael Madhusudan Dutta who wrote the sonet "Meghnad Badh" had a similar argument close to 200 years ago.

Just playing devil's advocate......Isn't calling Lankans RAVANA or ASURA racist in this day and age. I mean you are equating them with demons. That way Ramayana may have been a racist portrayal of the Lankans. Actually Michael Madhusudan Dutta who wrote the sonet "Meghnad Badh" had a similar argument close to 200 years ago.
It is racist and not politically correct, in my opinion.

Just playing devil's advocate......Isn't calling Lankans RAVANA or ASURA racist in this day and age. I mean you are equating them with demons. That way Ramayana may have been a racist portrayal of the Lankans. Actually Michael Madhusudan Dutta who wrote the sonet "Meghnad Badh" had a similar argument close to 200 years ago.
It is racist and not politically correct, in my opinion.
I don't care too much about political correctness (love Bill Maher), but the racist element is bothersome. Just because they are Lankans does not make them RAVANAS and ASURAS. Some South Indians would fall under the same category because of the dark skin. In the Vedic ages, these types of discriminations were the norm based on caste and skin color, but they are outdated now. Although I must confess I have been guilty of that.