Federer the big baby

Gambit

We witnessed the beginning of the Rafael Nadal Era in men’s tennis, as well as the complete de-masculinization of Roger Federer. How disgraceful of him to mar Nadal’s moment with his theatrics. He showed on the court - especially in that fifth set - that he wasn’t tough enough to compete man to man with Rafa, but those histrionics were just too much - man up, you snivvly ****!
http://outsports.com/jocktalkblog/2009/02/01/federers-post-game-cry-fair-or-foul/ Another piece which I completely agree with -
Before the summer of 2007, Federer had beaten the likes of Roddick, Safin, Hewitt, Philippoussis, Baghdatis and Gonzalez in Grand Slam finals… good players all, some very good, but none of those players could be called great, even though they have five Grand Slam titles between them. Sampras, on the other hand, had Andre Agassi. He beat his fellow American in four Grand Slam finals and lost in another, as well as defeating Boris Becker in a Wimbledon final and losing to Stefan Edberg at the 1992 US Open. Those three alone managed 20 major wins.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A46795206?s_fromedit=1&s_type=15&s_sport=tennis Federer is like Matthew Hayden. A seemingly dominating and unrelenting force against mediocre opposition but a wimpy little butterfly when it comes to sparring with the best. More power to RAFA!

I knew Gambo would come up with something like this' date=' come dude we are talking about a legend in the sport, some respect please !!![/quote'] I would respect him if he wasn't arrogant and haughty and acted as if he owns the game of tennis. His condescending remarks to beaten opponents, unsavoury comments such as the one against Djokovic and crying like a little girl and not acknowledging that it was RAFA's brilliance and not his poor tennis that settled the final all point to what an arrogant big headed poof this guy is.

"I don't want to have the last word; this guy deserves it.So, Rafa, congratulations. You played incredible. You deserve it, man." This is what Federer said at the presentation.If this is not respecting your opponent then I don't know the meaning of the word RESPECT! For the crying part,isn't he a man with emotions or is it the first instance of a sportsman sobbing on the field ?? whole world was looking forward to him equalling Sampras' record titles and he must have worked hard to acheive that landmark.So being unable to reach there must have been a big disappointment and like any other human being he was overcome with emotions and couldn't resist crying! As much as I want Rafa to win all his matches against Federer nobody can dispute the fact that Fed is one of the best ever. Even Rafa is not in that league yet! This rivalry can easily be compared to the one between Sampras and Agassi in the 90s. No one ridiculed Agassi for not winning most of their encounters. But Tennis fans were treated to such high quality action that they always cherished that battle irrespective of the result it produced!! Here Rafa is filling up for Sampras and Federer for Agassi where as most fans wants it the other way around :winky: Yes.Federer won most of his titles beating players who are nowhere near the class of Rafa. Was it his fault ?? you can only win against the one who's pitted against you! At the moment there is no doubt that Rafa has got the measure of Fed.He is always made to play an extra shot in each and every rally and that is where Fed can be vulnerable.Mind you many of those shots would have been a winner against any other player in the world. Not against Rafa !! For the time being lets enjoy the moment and feel happy for the fact that we are blessed to see two truely champion players producing such epic battle time and again :two_thumbs_up:

Nadal has won grand total of nothing grandslams, and hasn't yet proved if he is as good as Federer in terms of Dominance. Federer has been dominating massively and just now he lost couple of grandslams. Nadal has just started winning, where as Fed is very close of reaching the height where no one has reached till now.

Fed has been a bit defensive lately..... He made a big deal of Murray being the pre-tournament favorite(which he probably deserved given his results of the past 3-4 months).... In the pre-match courtside interview before the final he says: "I'm playing the #1 player in a Grand Slam final for the first time, so....".... What cr.ap was that? He was playing Nadal for the 7th time in a GS final and he had to underscore the fact he(Fed) had been #1 for the previous 6 meetings? Thanks Fed, we can't figure that out for ourselves..... Federer has a way with words; he appears sometimes coy that his first language isn't English, but at times uses subtle language to insinuate...... He'll probably go down as the greatest of all time, but no one should mistake him for guileless or disarming.... The guy's smart as whip and knows how to push the right buttons in the media.... See his transcribed presser from the final, the guy gives credit to Rafa, but usually AFTER punctuating it with, "I gave it away"...... Unreserved praise seems to have been unforthcoming....

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Fed has been a bit defensive lately..... He made a big deal of Murray being the pre-tournament favorite(which he probably deserved given his results of the past 3-4 months).... In the pre-match courtside interview before the final he says: "I'm playing the #1 player in a Grand Slam final for the first time, so....".... What cr.ap was that? He was playing Nadal for the 7th time in a GS final and he had to underscore the fact he(Fed) had been #1 for the previous 6 meetings? Thanks Fed, we can't figure that out for ourselves..... Federer has a way with words; he appears sometimes coy that his first language isn't English, but at times uses subtle language to insinuate...... He'll probably go down as the greatest of all time, but no one should mistake him for guileless or disarming.... The guy's smart as whip and knows how to push the right buttons in the media.... See his transcribed presser from the final, the guy gives credit to Rafa, but usually AFTER punctuating it with, "I gave it away"...... Unreserved praise seems to have been unforthcoming....
ananthd= Gambo

Suraj, you asked for examples of Fed's arrogance and I gave you some and you counter with this? Man I love Fed as a tennis player(I think he's the greatest of all time)..... Does that mean that he should be immune to criticism? I just don't like the cutesy way he acts at times.... The crying was over the top, basically stealing Rafa's moment(I mean here's the first guy to hold grand slams on all 3 surfaces at the SAME time).... Yet what happened? The winner Rafa had to "apologize" for winning the title. Is anyone other than Federer unworthy of winning a title? This sense of entitlement is what I'm not enamored with about Fed.

Suraj, you asked for examples of Fed's arrogance and I gave you some and you counter with this? Man I love Fed as a tennis player(I think he's the greatest of all time)..... Does that mean that he should be immune to criticism? I just don't like the cutesy way he acts at times.... The crying was over the top, basically stealing Rafa's moment(I mean here's the first guy to hold grand slams on all 3 surfaces at the SAME time).... Yet what happened? The winner Rafa had to "apologize" for winning the title. Is anyone other than Federer unworthy of winning a title? This sense of entitlement is what I'm not enamored with about Fed.
Yeah I didn't even understand why he was crying; of course he was disappointed but he lost to a better player on that day the crying bit was really hard to fathom

Yeah the moment got to him, he cried when he won his first Wimby as well. An emotional guy, in short. Also a gracious one, always is. Ive never heard/read of Fed being arrogant. Novak deserves any unsavoury comments because Novak IS an arrogant little sod. I do agree though Rafa might have a better claim to being the greatest than Fed.

The poor baby threw a tantrum smashing his racket and bawling his eyes out after a loss to Djokovic. He was also jeered by the crowd. :hysterical: federer_185_489148a.jpg

Roger Federer fights back the tears with his invincibility in pieces The remains of one of the rackets with which Roger Federer had dominated the men’s game lay in bits at Crandon Park yesterday as an emblem of the sense of brokenness that has overcome the former world No 1. All that could have gone wrong for the 27-year-old Swiss went wrong yesterday as he slumped to a 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 defeat by Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of the Sony Ericsson Open. As Federer faced the media afterwards, wiping away the tears with his collar, you wondered when he would look at the world with a clear vision again. When Federer smacked his racket into the ground and the jeers of the Miami crowd rang in his ears — they are an uplifting lot in these parts — there was a feeling of emptiness, even though 8,000-odd people were in his company. It is a sensation that he has felt before in a period of his career that has provided an awful lot of questions but very few answers. He has been a great player for so long — 237 consecutive weeks as the No 1, 13 grand-slam titles and assorted other tournaments bear testimony to his brilliance — that to see him in such disarray comes as a bit of a shock. “You try hard and then it’s just not working,” Federer said, the tears sticking to his eyelid. “Today it is different just because there’s so much wind as well. Once you start feeling bad, it’s tough to regroup. Once one guy gets the upper hand, the other guy is a bit uncertain. He played so bad in the first set, I had a great effort by finishing even worse than him. It was good.” The remains of one of the rackets with which Roger Federer had dominated the men’s game lay in bits at Crandon Park yesterday as an emblem of the sense of brokenness that has overcome the former world No 1. All that could have gone wrong for the 27-year-old Swiss went wrong yesterday as he slumped to a 3-6, 6-2, 6-3 defeat by Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of the Sony Ericsson Open. As Federer faced the media afterwards, wiping away the tears with his collar, you wondered when he would look at the world with a clear vision again. When Federer smacked his racket into the ground and the jeers of the Miami crowd rang in his ears — they are an uplifting lot in these parts — there was a feeling of emptiness, even though 8,000-odd people were in his company. It is a sensation that he has felt before in a period of his career that has provided an awful lot of questions but very few answers. He has been a great player for so long — 237 consecutive weeks as the No 1, 13 grand-slam titles and assorted other tournaments bear testimony to his brilliance — that to see him in such disarray comes as a bit of a shock. “You try hard and then it’s just not working,” Federer said, the tears sticking to his eyelid. “Today it is different just because there’s so much wind as well. Once you start feeling bad, it’s tough to regroup. Once one guy gets the upper hand, the other guy is a bit uncertain. He played so bad in the first set, I had a great effort by finishing even worse than him. It was good.”
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article6033092.ece :bawling: :bawling: