'I back myself to get big scores' - Sehwag

Sachinism

Virender Sehwag's astonishing 201 against Sri Lanka in Galle last year was voted the year's best batting performance in Tests by a Cricinfo jury comprising, among others, Ian Chappell, Tony Greig, Ramiz Raja, David Lloyd and Daryll Cullinan. At the awards presentation ceremony in Delhi Sanjay Manjrekar, one of the judges, spoke to Sehwag about the innings, and his game in general. http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/389105.html Good interview, theres also a video B-> The link that is

Virender Sehwag's astonishing 201 against Sri Lanka in Galle last year was voted the year's best batting performance in Tests by a Cricinfo jury comprising, among others, Ian Chappell, Tony Greig, Ramiz Raja, David Lloyd and Daryll Cullinan. At the awards presentation ceremony in Delhi Sanjay Manjrekar, one of the judges, spoke to Sehwag about the innings, and his game in general. http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/389105.html Good interview, theres also a video B-> The link that is
dont be shy :icflove:
No, I never think like that. When I scored 195 at Melbourne, somebody told me that I had missed a double-hundred by five runs. I told them that I was happy that I at least made 195. So I never think like that.
The secret to his devastating batting that strikes fear into all the bowling attacks in the world. This man is a nightmare for bowlers. The secret is this. He is humble.

Brilliant interview. I love how he says that after getting to a hundred, he tells himself that was for him, now let us score one for the team. lol :hatsoff: Also, there is an excellent comment on CI:

I loved Sehwag's approach to practice matches. That summarizes his character. I bet very few established international batsmen will have the guts to plainly say it like that, even if they felt that way. And his tactic against Murali is just amazing: underscoring one of the oldest adages: offense is the best defense. Essentially he survived because he was offensive (because that made Murali bowl quicker). I also loved his candid reflection: he never wants to defend and leave balls, but sometimes he has to. That "has to" part - the compulsion, the realization that he needs to do that is called "mindset" by him. That is the thing he has gained from being dropped. What a guy. He still puts that footnote unambiguously in: :"...I don't want to waste balls or defend them or leave them. But there are times when you have to". Uncluttered mind, unfettered bat. He is a class act. He should not be compared with Sachin or Ganguly or Dravid or Gavaskar or anybody. He is inimitable.