Sachin Misquoted...

Sachin Tendulkar yesterday clarified that statements he made about Greg Chappell were in answer to a speculative question. There are also talks of a book deal, tentatively titled "If he said it...". This bold step by Tendulkar has inspired many others to redress the wrongs committed by overzealous media-persons. Another veteran of the Indian team, Anil Kumble, called a press conference to clarify that he was not actually retiring from ODI cricket. Said Kumble, "I don't know where these guys get such ideas. I was just having an informal chat with the journalist at my home, while I was doing the household chores -- you know, laundry, tidying up etc." "I threw in the towel into the washer, hung up my boots,and it was getting late, so I said I was going to retire (to my bedroom)...and next thing I know, they're saying that I've quit ODI's". Kumble then rode off into the Sunset. Meanwhile in the US, a majority of the population is filing a class action suit saying that they were "misquoted" in the 2004 elections.

Re: Sachin Misquoted...

Sachin Tendulkar yesterday clarified that statements he made about Greg Chappell were in answer to a speculative question. There are also talks of a book deal, tentatively titled "If he said it...". This bold step by Tendulkar has inspired many others to redress the wrongs committed by overzealous media-persons. Another veteran of the Indian team, Anil Kumble, called a press conference to clarify that he was not actually retiring from ODI cricket. Said Kumble, "I don't know where these guys get such ideas. I was just having an informal chat with the journalist at my home, while I was doing the household chores -- you know, laundry, tidying up etc." "I threw in the towel into the washer, hung up my boots,and it was getting late, so I said I was going to retire (to my bedroom)...and next thing I know, they're saying that I've quit ODI's". Kumble then rode off into the Sunset. Meanwhile in the US, a majority of the population is filing a class action suit saying that they were "misquoted" in the 2004 elections.
Nice one fondel! :wtg:
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Sachin Misquoted... Good one :wtg: With George fernandis NDA this did happen: he once comented " I am resgined to my fate" next day pappu pager brigade of media painted it on front line with headlines Fernandis is going to resign. Poor Fernandis had to come with tongue-in-cheek comment of " given the handicap reporters have with english language it seems I will have to speak exclusively in hindi" :lol: