Stardom awaits as Brett Lee goes to Bollywood

King

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4017638a1823.html Stardom awaits as Brett Lee goes to Bollywood By ALEX BROWN - SMH | Thursday, 5 April 2007 Since being ruled out of the World Cup with torn ankle ligaments, the Australian fast bowler has flown to India with his manager, Neil Maxwell, to meet with sponsors and negotiate a recording contract. Maxwell envisages that the contract will be finalised within two months. "The focus is to build a platform for Brett to perform at Bollywood level after his career," Maxwell said yesterday. "He doesn't want to be starting from scratch when he retires." Lee has already recorded a No.1 single in India, the pop ballad You're The One For Me, performed alongside Bollywood singer Asha Bhosle. And that, apparently, is just the beginning. Lee is looking to further his music career by finalising a recording deal, then eventually move into acting, where his services are being actively sought by Bollywood directors. To achieve his goal, Lee has enlisted the services of a personal Hindi tutor and is developing relationships with Australian companies seeking to break into India, heightening his exposure in cricket's largest market. "A lot of this is new ground, and I guess it will make for an interesting case study," Maxwell said. "The move into music and films hasn't just dropped into his lap; it's been in the making for the past six years. "The first song was just scratching the surface. It wasn't a huge revenue raiser in itself ... [but] it was part of a broader plan to focus a lot of our energies on the music and movie business on the subcontinent. It's not just about cutting a record. It's far broader and longer term than that." Several recording companies are pursuing Lee, Maxwell added, and he has received around a dozen Bollywood acting roles in recent years. Should he pursue a full-time film career, he would be the first caucasian cricketer to do so since C Aubrey Smith, the former England captain whose star appears on Hollywood's walk of fame. Lee will remain in India for a fortnight, during which time he will meet with record labels, appear on television and complete promotional commitments. It is understood that a quarter of his income is now derived from sponsorship deals on the subcontinent; a marketing model many of his Australian teammates are following. "On top of his own ambitions in film and music, Brett is being positioned as a conduit between Australian businesses and the Indian corporate world," Maxwell said. "The main thing is the language. Hindi is difficult to learn. It will probably take him two or three years to be speaking it confidently." Upon returning from India, Lee is scheduled to undergo minor surgery on his injured ankle. His timeframe for a return to cricket remains unaltered.

Re: Stardom awaits as Brett Lee goes to Bollywood

Lee will remain in India for a fortnight, during which time he will meet with record labels, appear on television and complete promotional commitments. It is understood that a quarter of his income is now derived from sponsorship deals on the subcontinent; a marketing model many of his Australian teammates are following.
Geez... expect the Australian team to go like the Indian one. The other day I saw Chris Cairns doing a promotion for a Toothpaste company in India :eek: Cairnsy doesn't appear in a single ad over here in NZ but I was surprised to see him in Indian Ads :eew:

Re: Stardom awaits as Brett Lee goes to Bollywood

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: our bollywood is the weirdest thing, i have ever seen....
I have to say I watch the bollywood movies rarely but I know of mates that watch Bollywood on a regular basis. A lot of Kiwis do enjoy the bollywood by the looks of it. Recently I saw couple of Africans pleading with the video fella to get couple of bollywood titles they wanted. I never knew bollywood is a huge hit among African nations too.

Re: Stardom awaits as Brett Lee goes to Bollywood Name of movie: Brett aur Lucky ki dosti starring: Brett Lee, Salman Khan singers: Brett Lee and Himesh Reshmiya (for Salman) story: Lucky (salman) is a 'young' college student who is forced to study law by his domineering parents. But he wants to be a cricketer. One day he saves Brett Lee (playing his real age, 2 yrs older than young salman) from the mafia (Sachin, Sehwag and Zaheer in guest role). Lee is so grateful he teaches Lucky the art of reverse swing in 7 days. The BCCI selectors want him badly for the upcoming tour to Mongolia. They are scared of losing to Gengis Khan's team again and earning public wrath. When the mafia hears about this, they are incensed. It will mean the end of Agarkar for sure, who at 41 feels he has just reached his prime. Meanwhile, Lucky is due to play in a ODI against Pakistan, ranked alongside India in position 11. The mafia plans to bump him off in the dressing room, but Lee hears of the plan, and in a daring stunt jumps through the roof right into the dressing room. He fights singlehandedly with the mafia, using a thigh pad as a shield against their bats, all the time yelling to Lucky to go and take a 5 wkt haul. Lucky strides out and in 7 overs takes 9 wkts. Alas, it is too late to save Lee, who dies in Lucky's arms. The police arrive at last and take the mafia away. In a double twist, the head of the BCCI is revealed to be D'souza, a much wanted criminal by interpol. The movie has 7 songs and also stars 14 yr old newbie Natasha with Salman, and Tabu with Lee. :hic: