Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win?

I was expecting a rather resurgent India take on Bangladesh yesterday. Instead what I saw was rather was the usual stuff. Opening bowlers couldnt get their acts together, opposition batsmen were allowed to go on a good start, middle over bowlers were decent at best and the best bowler on display was a part-timer(Mongia). If that was not the disappointing it was depressing to see the Indian batsmen fold against not-so-top-class bowling. Till Dhoni and Karthik rescued India it had become the same old same old. A very usual Indian side with hardly anything to prove to anyone, much less salvage any pride. Or so it seemed to me yesterday anyways. Disappointing. xxxx

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win? relieved can't say indifferent wud have lilked to say par ye bimari bahut gahri ho chali hai

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win? I don't give a sh it. My interest in the Indian cricket team is plummeting, and fast. I can't stand to watch the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Sehwag in this ODI side; they are all a waste of oxygen and represent everything that is wrong with Indian cricket. This team continues to rot as they remain a part of it; quickly becoming stale and showing no sense of ambition or enjoyment in their game. A once exciting team has become so dull to watch, and upon hearing of Shastri and Vengsarkar vigourously celebrating this win, my faith in the side continues to drop. A day when IND celebrates a win against Banglastan - i never ever thought it would come to this. If IND appoint Whatmore and give him a young group of players to work with, i'll continue to watch this team - otherwise there is no point. The current lot are a bunch of gutless, predictable losers who have nothing to offer, and following their fortunes makes no sense. We all know how they play, and so does the opposition. If IND huff and puff to beat teams like Banglastan, imagine what ENG or AUS would do to these mugs ? Is this team really worth following ? Two years ago i stayed up all night like a zombie to watch IND play PAK; whenever the PC would crash, i'd have trouble sleeping because i was wondering what the score was. Last night i just didn't feel the urge to even bother checking the score, let alone watch the damn game. Slept quite happily as well.

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win?

I can't stand to watch the likes of Dravid' date=' Tendulkar, Ganguly and Sehwag in this ODI side; [b']they are all a waste of oxygen and represent everything that is wrong with Indian cricket. This team continues to rot as they remain a part of it; quickly becoming stale and showing no sense of ambition or enjoyment in their game.

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win? I am going to b itch and moan about this for the next 6 months or so - bear with me. As long as the seniors stick around, this team will go NOWHERE. Even when viewing Indian cricket's world of uncertainty, at least this is one thing which i am absolutely sure of.

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win? Words can't describe how sh*t this Indian team is right now. This has to be our lowest point since before the 1999 World cup. We played a bunch of retards and made it look like a competitive match. Worse still, the same retards beat us in the World cup...

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win? mighty relieved.... In the end we chased it really well. Required run rate never went over 6.5 You dont learn from easy wins, good to see Karthik and Dhoni play percentage game and hopefully others will take a cue.. I dont want Mongia in the squad...

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win? When i first looked at the score card i was disappointed no doubt. BD maybe an improved side but they still have a distance to go before they can be termed a real challenge. But now that i think about it, i feel this is the kind of win we needed. Ever since Yuvraj was bowled round his legs last yr in WI (the game we couldnt chase 200) this ODI team has struggled. This was a close game, at 145/5 we were down and out but unlike what we have been seeing in past one yr (Indian team weakly surrendering) two batsman fought hard and won it for us, i hope with this win we see a return of self belief in that dressing room. We have the resources, experience all we lack is confidence. Target for next game, win with game always under our control. It took a year to shatter that confidence lets take small steps.

I don't give a sh it. My interest in the Indian cricket team is plummeting, and fast. I can't stand to watch the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Sehwag in this ODI side; they are all a waste of oxygen and represent everything that is wrong with Indian cricket. This team continues to rot as they remain a part of it; quickly becoming stale and showing no sense of ambition or enjoyment in their game. A once exciting team has become so dull to watch, and upon hearing of Shastri and Vengsarkar vigourously celebrating this win, my faith in the side continues to drop. A day when IND celebrates a win against Banglastan - i never ever thought it would come to this. If IND appoint Whatmore and give him a young group of players to work with, i'll continue to watch this team - otherwise there is no point. The current lot are a bunch of gutless, predictable losers who have nothing to offer, and following their fortunes makes no sense. We all know how they play, and so does the opposition. If IND huff and puff to beat teams like Banglastan, imagine what ENG or AUS would do to these mugs ? Is this team really worth following ? Two years ago i stayed up all night like a zombie to watch IND play PAK; whenever the PC would crash, i'd have trouble sleeping because i was wondering what the score was. Last night i just didn't feel the urge to even bother checking the score, let alone watch the damn game. Slept quite happily as well.
Guest dada_rocks

despite the win I feel there are many in the team that still need a kick on their behinds for complacency....very unconvincing

Re: Happy/surprised/ disappointed/indifferent to India's win? One word, "Relieved". More than the win or loss it was a relief to see India win something overseas in ODIs after a long time. When did last India win a ODI outside India? If you discount the game against Bermuda, India lost won a ODI in Malaysia against WI :lol: That's about 8 months now. Hopefully they will take heart from this win and go on to do well in the next 2 ODIs. India still is a decent test team but pretty crap in ODIs. I think Bangladesh may win one of the ODIs but I'll still be happy if India can win the next one in whatever fashion. I do think Rahul Dravid should give up the ODIs too, he isn't doing any good to himself playing these ODIs. :shrug: