Will Mr.Gavaskar answer???

flashpan

In the semis when Rahul edged one to Sachi and stood his ground , Mr.Gavaskar was furious with Rahul and had the gall to say that Rahul needed to walk rather then wait for the 3rd umpire decision as he has played with Sachin for 14 years and he needs to take his word as final. Ofcourse when it was proved that Rahul was right in standing his ground , Mr.Gavaskar was fumbling for words . Yesterday the same "Paragon of virtue and honesty" Tendulkar gloved one of Raina to Dhoni , he simply stood as though nothing had happened . If gavaskar had been in the commentery box then he might have accused Dhoni and Raina for having eve appealed . I have nothing against Sachin . He is as honest as anybody else in the team , but why this Double standards , Mr.Gavaskar.

This is what Sunny BSed after Tendu claimed the catch “Dravid is not going! After playing for so many years with Tendulkar and spending time in the dressing room, Dravid should know what sort of a person Tendulkar is. He would never cheat :haha::haha:. Dravid should have accepted the catch and walked.“ :hysterical: What sunny can't see from his tainted glass is Dravid's credentials for fair play is one of the highest order, if not the highest itself.

actually sachin himself would have thought that he would have taken the catch cleanly there was little reaction time for himself to judge its not cheating
I dont think anyone is saying that Sachin cheated. The issue is around SMG ticking off RD for not taking Sachin's word. He ought to understand that they are both human beings who can make mistakes.

I dont think anyone is saying that Sachin cheated. The issue is around SMG ticking off RD for not taking Sachin's word. He ought to understand that they are both human beings who can make mistakes.
Absolutely true. Anybody who has played cricket will tell you that there are things which you are conditioned to believe in an impassioned fashion. Look at the bowler who is convinced that the batsman is out LBW - even when the ball is going down the leg side. If cricketers' opinions were to be the basis of cricket decision making then the game would be doomed. Sachin as well as Rahul were right to do what they did. Gavaskar was wrong to implicate a sense of distrust between the two!

actually sachin himself would have thought that he would have taken the catch cleanly there was little reaction time for himself to judge its not cheating
then wt about yesterdays catch.....it is not possible at all that your glove hit the ball and u don't knw that u hit it.........that is the main reason i never like calling any human being GOD whether its SRT or DGB or Aasaram bapu or dera baba or NIthyanand...all are humans...they too make mistakes

Great thread. Very valid question. I think the answer lies here- "Everyone has his favourite players, who they are biased towards to a certain extent". Tbh, I don't remember SMG going SMG(the CS machinegun) on RD :hehe:. But if he must've, then this is a very valid question.