Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

Thats quite fine actually. Jury is still out on this.
Well ... the science says .. :-). But you're right ... if you're into muscle growth and development, tofu will not give you what you need. Chug the myoplex :-)! Regardless, I can inform you, but have no grounds to argue with your practices. Your dedication is legendary!

Nutrition data is just a reference rather than a standard. visit all nutrition data sites including this regularly. Don't accept it literally. I encourage you to read more articles on this. Hemp seeds' date=' Flax seeds, Chia seeds.[/quote'] They provide numbers that have rigorously, biochemically determined. If I need objective nutritional data, I go there. I completely agree with flax ... it's benefits are well-studied and documented in the scientific literature. I was not convinced about hemp seed until I read this: http://www.extsoilcrop.colostate.edu/CropVar/documents/oilseeds/alternative_oil/potential_of_hemp_seed_oil.pdf Peer-reviewed, rigorous, biochemical data. Thanks for mentioning hemp seed; I learned something new today.

The soy debate had also made its way to a fairly popular(and hence influential for the general public) magazine, The Men's Health Magazine. I recall reading an article in a couple of years ago. Looks like they've still have it online. http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects The follow up issue contained a lot of reactions from the readers in the comments section.

The soy debate had also made its way to a fairly popular(and hence influential for the general public) magazine, The Men's Health Magazine. I recall reading an article in a couple of years ago. Looks like they've still have it online. http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects The follow up issue contained a lot of reactions from the readers in the comments section.
ludh bava, :heart:

Well ... the science says .. :-). But you're right ... if you're into muscle growth and development, tofu will not give you what you need. Chug the myoplex :-)! Regardless, I can inform you, but have no grounds to argue with your practices. Your dedication is legendary!
One of the main thing that attracted me about hemp seed was this piece of explanation ANTIBODIES Antibodies are globulin proteins programmed to destroy antigens (any substance eliciting a response from lymphocytes: bacteria, viruses, toxins, living and dead tissue, internal debris, etc.). Circulating in blood plasma like mines floating in a harbor antibodies await contact with the enemy, then initiate a cascade of corrosive enzymes that bore holes in the antigen surface causing it to break apart. Antibodies are custom designed to neutralize or disintegrate one specific type of antigen. White blood cells called B cell lymphocytes seek out and lock-on to antigenic proteins or sugars on the invader's surface. The B cell then uses that lock and key pattern to make antibodies tailored to that antigen only. It also will make clones of itself called plasma cells. Most of the clones begin producing antibodies for that antigen. Others become memory cells which may spend years wandering through the blood stream looking for that specific antigen. If the body is exposed to it again the memory cells lock-on to one and begin producing plasma cell clones and a flood of antibodies that wipe out the invader. One lymphocyte can divide into hundreds of plasma cells in a few days. A mature plasma cell can make about 2000 antibodies every second for the few days it lives. This is how the body acquires immunity. The body's ability to resist and recover from illness depends upon how rapidly it can produce massive amounts of antibodies to fend off the initial attack. If the globulin protein starting material is in short supply the army of antibodies may be too small to prevent the symptoms of sickness from setting in. Hemp seed is the premier plant-seed provider of globulin starting material -- the highest in the plant kingdom. Eating hemp seeds will insure the immune system has the reservoir of immunoglobulin resources needed to make disease destroying antibodies. hs1.jpg It goes way beyond "building muscles". I take whey protein for that. But for omega 3, omega 6 and whole other things Hemp seed is a good alternative.

That is it, this one word and others around it in thesaurus - are much more important than magic foods. /cliche

Moral of that story: If you're lactose intolerant, take lactase pills ... not soymilk.

Biggest thing that we struggle for is vitamin "M". Motivation. I started with a goal that i should be able to fit into the pant that i wore on wedding. I achieved it somewhat. Still an inch needs to go off.
if you go for body image goals..you are bound to lose motivation...instead make your goals more quantitative- 1. for eg..if you are lifting..do compound lifts..finish it within an hour..everyday try to increase weight by a minimum amount 2. eat whole unprocessed food...always buy food at the exterior of the grocery store and avoid the interior lane and sleep for eight hours 3. if you eat like a horse, sleep like a baby, and you increase the weight every weeks, within few months your body will take care of itself. your motivation will be high because you can see progress, 5 more lbs, one more mile, same distance in less hours, running for a longer duration. also remember more than the hours spent in the gym..concentrate on the intensity (specially for hard gainers like me) ..spend only an hour but push yourself to the limit.

hey guys, I'll be finished the P90X program tomorrow and be taking one week of rest where all I do is run around and play ball and cricket. But I do have to get going eventually, so I was wondering if you could look over my exercise plan for the next couple of months. I'm going to be moving soon, and I might get a 1 bedroom basement apartment or live in a high rise. If it's a basement, then I'm going to do the Insanity program to trim fat (it's a 60 day program of killer cardio and body weight moves). If it's a high rise, then I'll continue this program in the apartment gym. Day 1: Chest and Biceps, Abs Day 2: Cardio Day 3: Back and Triceps, Abs Day 4: Cardio Day 5: Shoulders and Legs, Abs Day 6: Cardio Day 7: Rest ----------------------------------- Chest and Bicep 1) Standard Pushups 2) Bicep Curls 3) Military Pushups 4) Hammer Curls 5) Wide Fly Pushups 6) Static Arm Curls 7) Bench Press - 2 sets 8) Open Arm Curls 9) Dumbell Flies - 2 sets 10) Strip Set Curls Back and Tricep 1) Wide Front Pullup 2) Side Tri Rise 3) Overheard Tricep Extensions 4) Close Front Pullups 5) Tricep Kickbacks 6) Chair Dips 7) Chin ups 8) Lying down tricep extensions 9) Close Grip Bench 10) Lawnmowers 11) Dumbbell Cross body blows 12) Diamond Pushups Shoulders and Legs 1) Alternating shoulder press 2) Balance Lunges 3) Straight arm shoulder flies 4) Deadlift Body Squats 5) Upright Rows 6) Calf Raises 7) Pike Press 8) Barbell Squats 9) Weighted shoulder circles 10) Super skaters 11) Deep Swimmers Press 12) Wall Squat 90 seconds

hey guys' date=' I'll be finished the P90X program tomorrow and be taking one week of rest where all I do is run around and play ball and cricket. But I do have to get going eventually, so I was wondering if you could look over my exercise plan for the next couple of months. I'm going to be moving soon, and I might get a 1 bedroom basement apartment or live in a high rise. If it's a basement, then I'm going to do the Insanity program to trim fat (it's a 60 day program of killer cardio and body weight moves). [b']If it's a high rise, then I'll continue this program in the apartment gym.
if it is a high rise - then you can try replacing one of the cardio sessions with HIIT on stairs. - preferably not before/after Legs day. Assuming you have sufficient (at least 10 or so) floors of staircase - after warm up - climb for 30-40 secs, at a fast but stable pace (2-3 stair-steps per lunge)., and then slowly walk down for another 30-40 seconds. After 15 or so up-down cycles, you would have had very intense cardio session. Also be careful about not slipping.

Akhsay/Lurker/others, So here is a question for you guys- I workout at the gym that is at my workplace which works well as part of my routine. I am not trying to be a bodybuilder but rather stay fit and healthy; as I mentioned in some posts earlier last few months have been better from diet and consistency in going to the gym. It has reached a point where I actually feel really useless & unhappy if I miss a day of exercise; this has been happening on the weekends. Ideally I would have loved to play tennis or swim on the weekends to get some cardio which are my favs instead of driving to workplace gym. Can you suggest some good basic home equipment which will not be a heavy investment but will atleast get me going on the weekends? Or is joining the gym a must? Thanks in advance