Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Yeah that is a fairly accurate description by sid316 and saneindian wrt to his bowling I must say - around high 130s to low 140s.:nice: Not trying to hype him though but you dont need to peek at the bowling speed ticker to know that he's bowling fast compared to the others. Definitely hurried the batsmen as they looked very uncomfortable in the first spell getting hit on the body a few times. Bowling run up could be a little more refined but the release is very good in generating the pace. Not very tall though but still fairly good bouncer. We could see both of Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron open the bowling for Delhi Daredevils in the IPL

^So the assumption is that the guy who bowls a miraculous spell of 5/17 against Tripura but otherwise has a bad average would become the next BIG thing for India against the likes of Australia and South Africa?
If you assume wildly, then I can't help it. Did you see me saying that anywhere that he is even a hope for us?? I was just sharing a stat I found.
^So the assumption is that the guy who bowls a miraculous spell of 5/17 against Tripura but otherwise has a bad average would become the next BIG thing for India against the likes of Australia and South Africa?
He is just 20 and learning the trade...Ishant never bowled 147 in domestic cricket..Its the potential we are talking about...he has been one of the biggest find in U19 cricket in India...on these pitches even bowlers like Brett Lee does not have much success in Tests..its all about penetration of pace in bowling attack which Yadav and Aaron can certainly give to Indian bowling attack..I want them to bowl with Zak and learn from him in Indian team after WC...bowlers certainly need mentor like Waqar and Akram had in Imran Khan. IN an interview in Star Cricket..Imran had that in his early years...Imran used to stand at long and long off and before every delivery Wasim used to come to him to ask what to bowl now..and on one incident in a match...Imran got busy giving instructions to a fielder and couldn't talk to Wasim...Wasim was waiting for him to come and advise him..Imran forgot it and Wasim didn't bowl..then every one looked at Wasim what happened and Imran came to him and talked to Wasim...that was pretty interesting when Imran khan was talking about this incident...Wasim was 20-21 years of age at that time.... I feel the guidance of Zak will help the likes of Varun Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Sudeep Tyagi, Abu Nechim Ahmed, Ishwar Chaudhary, and Pawan Suyal...they all have good potential...just need to refine their skills and convert it into performance at the international level under the guidance of ZAK will be best.. we don't need any other bowling coach other than Zak because he has learned it the hard way...
I'm not saying pace is not important. Also control over line and length is important and sometimes in slow conditions' date=' extra pace helps batsmen to play shots. Why else do you think Shoaib Akhtar bowled slow even in his first spell yesterday ? Its surprising to see people calling someone who bowls 145+ the future of pace attack when he could be crap at bowling a decent line and length.[/quote'] His analysis yesterday was 10 overs 2 maidens 24 runs and 1 wicket...it does not look expensive...he bowled tight and well..