Should India???

Cricketics

Should India apply some strict law towards all rapist and theifz???? u might have heard about this law, how in arab region, they chop fingerz off, when someone stealz something, they cut "xxxxcensored" when someone rapes any women... thats what happenz in places like saudi arabia, India, being a vastly populated country, has not found a solution to it yet.. they are still happening and that too in big numbers.. i would say its pretty disgusting to chop someonez finger just because he stole something, perhapz he would have stolen something, just because he needed.. but rape??? considering the tally of rapes growing every day in India, what should India do about that.. a similar disgusting law perhapz as arab land??? which would alert all rapist before they try to over use their power???

considering the tally of rapes growing every day in India, what should India do about that.. a similar disgusting law perhapz as arab land??? which would alert all rapist before they try to over use their power???
Easy cure for rape is lets stop getting so conservative about pre-marital sex. Rape is not a big problem in the west and its because pre-marital sex isnt such a huge deal. I don't tihnk the answer to crime is tougher laws- that doesnt work unless you wanna go totally hardcore like Islam and Arabia. Which is overall bad i think. Countries that have lower crime in such regards have high family values, morally relaxed societies and good social support.

CC its not about going totally hardcore. Its about making you believe that law is still present. With present system, the culprit knows he will not face any major consequences after committing the crime. Kabhi kabhi laaton ke bhoot baaton se nahin maante

I have no solution :embaressed_smile: Rape will always occur unfortunately :thumbs_down: I am all for strict punishment. Actually if the current laws are applied then that in itself would be a start. You see in Saudi type of regimes innocent people get framed as well. Well innocent people get framed everywhere but ending up dickless if you are innocent....:broken_heart: This is a sad case- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18682370/

in cases like rape, where proving it is very difficult... it is ridiculous to have punishments which cannot be undone... i wouldnt wanna have my weiner handed to me, cos some woman i slept with, decided to play the nice girl... what we have is good.... democracy and right to appeal and fight in court...

Rape is act of Violence, not sexual If law states to chop it off, then other acts of violence require some chopping too? I mean, there have to be amendments in the law to adjust other types of crime as well, they can't just do it for raping itself Saudi law is the pure tit-for-tat justice, unfortunately we don't see that type of justice in other crimes For eg., If you kill someone, do you always get death penalty? NO. perhaps life sentence When you kill someone while drinking and driving? do you get death penalty? Infact in these case, its like 10 yrs jail and/or huge fine You burn someone's house on fire, does the court order that your house should be burned too? no Its the definition of rape, which makes the difference here too