Going to India this Sunday for 10 weeks

Don

yip after 5 years. cant w8 should be an aboslute blast. Intend to go for some Himalyan trekking, partying and shopping in bombay, some relaxing tension out of the window holiday in the western ghats and Goa. Wanted to ask you guys/gals for tips for the stay in bombay. Aditi has already informed me of the clubs like Enigma, Polly Esthers and club at JW mariott. But she also informs me i must be with gals as well as guys they dont allow only guys. is it true? Also for food kareems, any place other then that, for chinese and stuff and vada pau and pawbhaji. Also Shopping malls etc? other then that any genral trips on where to go and where not to go, security/disease issue etc. Any help will be extremely helpful thanks.

yip after 5 years. cant w8 should be an aboslute blast. Intend to go for some Himalyan trekking, partying and shopping in bombay, some relaxing tension out of the window holiday in the western ghats and Goa. Wanted to ask you guys/gals for tips for the stay in bombay. Aditi has already informed me of the clubs like Enigma, Polly Esthers and club at JW mariott. But she also informs me i must be with gals as well as guys they dont allow only guys. is it true? Also for food kareems, any place other then that, for chinese and stuff and vada pau and pawbhaji. Also Shopping malls etc? other then that any genral trips on where to go and where not to go, security/disease issue etc. Any help will be extremely helpful thanks.
yea.. polly, enigma, squeeze, poison, etc are the good places.. I heard nick warren was playing at squeeze the other day.. see who is in town when you're there, go accordingly.... yea.. sometimes clubs accept only couple's.. but at most places... you will get in as a stag..(single) food.. depends on where you are going to be staying.. if you're staying in south mumbai.. let me know.. and ill tell you exactly where to go.. dont really know any place in the suburbs for chinese.. except maybe stomach.. try going to this place called "bombay blues".. its a chain.. eat the nachos and the cholle bhatura there.. best in bombay. wada pav.. worli seaface is my favourite vadapav... pav bhaji.. doesnt really matter.. go to the closest shiv sagar near you.. if you really want authentic (:hysterical:) pav bhaji.. go to "Sardar" at tardeo.. i think that guy invented pav bhaji.. shopping malls.. I liked Inorbit.. was really good.. otherwise the usual.. Personally, i dont prefer shopping in malls.. i like going to individual stores.. somehow dont like the idea of shopping in a mall in india... as for the western ghats.. rent a car and go from bombay to pune.. the expressway in the monsoons will be a sight to behold... superb.. once in pune.. go to koregaon park and chitle bandhu, etc. :teeth_smile: oh, and this is one thing a lot of NRI's miss out on. When in india.. go to the local subway, local pizza hut, local kfc, etc.. you will be surprised at what all they have.. subway will have a tandoori paneer sub with mint chutney.. mcdonalds will have a aloo tikki burger.. pizza hut has this amazing pizza.. (maybe it is smokin joes).. instead of marinara, they put tikka sauce.. with paneer on top.. and green chillies with coriander.. tastes like heaven..:teeth_smile:.. also, try the nazza.. its a mixture of pizza and naan..:haha:

yaar mereku koi naxaliite/fundies ke saath koi panga nahi chaiyye. thx for the wishes btw u and BB!
Just tell them that you know CC and they will let you go :hysterical: Have fun! Sala apna to 10 sal hone walla hai since my last trip to India.

You lucky dog! :top: If you really want to enjoy India, stay away from Domino's, KFC, McDonald's etc. Have authentic Indian(that includes South Indian etc) food and also try Indian Chinese. Have bottled water. Cannot stress this enough. :toilet: If you are going to Delhi, then keep yourself hydrated. Roam around in Connaught Place. It is soooo soothing plus you get to see amazing babes there. You can catch the metro to Chandni Chowk from where you can get a rickshaw to Karim's. If you eat non vegetarian food, you HAVE to go there.:eating: It is amazing. Also try mughali food in Pandara Market. If you want to partaaayyyy, then go to Climax. The best club in Delhi.:dancing2:

Wow that was extremely helpful HS. Thanks so much! Haha Gai. Hey Gambit thanks for the tips on Delhi, i think I will be in Delhi for a bit when i m journying onwards to the Himalayas. Will surely follow your advice. Thanks very much guys really appreciate it.

Wow that was extremely helpful HS. Thanks so much! Haha Gai. Hey Gambit thanks for the tips on Delhi, i think I will be in Delhi for a bit when i m journying onwards to the Himalayas. Will surely follow your advice. Thanks very much guys really appreciate it.
bas delhi main CP main der raat ko mat ghuumna... varna koi na koi mil jayegi :hysterical:

yaar mereku koi naxaliite/fundies ke saath koi panga nahi chaiyye. thx for the wishes btw u and BB!
No bugger will be interest in ya mate that much I can say. As for speaking to the officials at the airport goes, don't talk much just say yes or no. The customs guys can leech ya if you appear to have been born and brought up elsewhere. Best thing to do is speak little words, yes or no. Having the ability to speak the local language helps immensely. I always use very few words to get around the city. It's fun to be in India that's for sure. I love the rickshaw rides, they are thrilling :captain:

If you are going to Delhi' date=' then keep yourself hydrated. Roam around in Connaught Place. It is soooo soothing plus you get to see amazing babes there. You can catch the metro to Chandni Chowk from where you can get a rickshaw to Karim's. If you eat non vegetarian food, you HAVE to go there.:eating: It is amazing. Also try mughali food in Pandara Market. If you want to partaaayyyy, then go to Climax. The best club in Delhi.:dancing2:[/quote'] In addition to all this, I'd also like to mention one more place you should visit - Khan's kebabs in Khan Market. Best kebabs in New Delhi, IMO. You will get your money's worth every single time.

In addition to all this' date=' I'd also like to mention one more place you should visit - Khan's kebabs in Khan Market. Best kebabs in New Delhi, IMO. You will get your money's worth every single time.[/quote'] Agree completely. It's called Khan Chacha. Locating it for a first timer might be a bit difficult though seeing as it's situated in one of the bylanes of Khan Market. The kebab is simply outstanding. I've been going to that place for nearly 20 years! :lollypop:

Agree completely. It's called Khan Chacha. Locating it for a first timer might be a bit difficult though seeing as it's situated in one of the bylanes of Khan Market. The kebab is simply outstanding. I've been going to that place for nearly 20 years! :lollypop:
Nothing beats their mutton seekh roll. Melts in your mouth. I suppose the only downside is the time you have to wait. The place is always busy and your order takes at least 20 mins. Well, that was the case whenever i have been there.

Indian McDonalds is just plain nasty! The Subway Indian style subs are pretty good. Pizza Hut is good too. The KFC on Linking Road, Bandra was shut for renovation, so didn't get a chance to check it out. For good pav bhaji...SHIV SAGAR!