India 2003 world cup

there was also a time in 90z when we had defeated aus in nail biterz..and used to win over them in do or die gamez..
unfortunately azza doesnt get the credit he deserves.... he put a lot of steel in us.... wen it matters in finals, we always used to take our game a couple of notches higher... the reason was, he used to keep it very simple.... more like srikkanth in captaincy... bat natural, bowl natural.... he never was a media guy, hence lesser credit.... some of his master-strokes were getting sachin to bowl the final over in the hero cup, or sachin to bowl to tie the world series match against windies... made prabhakar a full-time opener with sidhu... he discovered RD, Ganguly, kumble, srinath, prasad, robin singh.... made an opener like Jadeja as the best finisher of his time.... i can go on.... we need a simple captain who doesnt indulge in nonsense talk or baring chests... kumble would have made the ideal successor.... YV Rao is also in the same category... i am speculating him as a future cappo... i dont like village idiots like yuvi or viru to to even come close to tht position.... but the way, the vice captaincy is being passed between them, it does seem like one of the idi0ts are gonna take over post dravid...
If i remember correctly ' date=' dint he come out retirement to play in the world cup?[/quote'] No. He had retired from Tests from after the WI tour in '02. Came back for the home series vs WI, but he had never retired as an ODI player. That was the reason why he chose to retire from Test cricket the first time; to concentrate on ODIs - particularly the World Cup. I still think India could have got one more year out of Srinath. They should have waited on his knee injury and persuaded him to stay on longer.