What the hell happened to Balaji ?

i hear he is seriously injured. suffering a recurring back injury from a stress fracture previously misdiagnosed as a sprain. same with nehra... i hear that nehra was in crutches till a short while ago! i want both of them back to fitness, in nehra, balaji, zaheer, vrv, sreesanth, r.p. and agarkar we have a very promising bowling lineup and adequate variety too. now add to that a fit and in form pathan and the fantasy is complete!

Balaji was the pick of the bowlers against Pakistan in that 2005 tour. He performed over and above Pathan in that series. I vividly remember Pathan not able to make much impact with the ball in that series. I thought with Balaji, Pathan, Nehra and Zaheer Indian test team for once had a fantastic fast bowling attack but alas most of them dwindled away.

Shame about both Bala and nehra, Nehra was a pretty good ODI bowler And Bala/Sree/munaf would have been a great attack. Didnt know Nehra was on crutches, he was injured for ages and was then back briefly...gone again it seems.

He had a real knack of bowling jaffas/unplayable deliveries.
Yeah, remember that ball to Inzamam in the Bangalore test ? I think his career is finished now. He hasn't played much FC cricket in the last two seasons. Didn't do anything in last October's Challenger Trophy either.
Yup. I loved him hitting Chuckter for sixes in 2005 & he always had a smile. I think my wife liked him as well and that is saying something since she hates cricket.
I don't think my hubby liked him because i would start chanting balaji balaji everytime they showed him.It drove him crazy...thank God balaji is no greek God or else i would have got one kaan ke peeche....:shot:
Guest dada_rocks
Yeah, remember that ball to Inzamam in the Bangalore test ? I think his career is finished now. He hasn't played much FC cricket in the last two seasons. Didn't do anything in last October's Challenger Trophy either.
If I am not mistaken it was very first ball of the day for both balajee and inzi. If a bowler could get it right on the opening delivery of the day 99 out of 100 times it leads to dismissal.