"Dream within dream " Has anybody experienced it??

don_corleone840

Something similar happened to me last night. I kept on having the same nightmare over and over again but every time I woke up I would just re-enter the same dream. This went on for about 5 cycles until it finally occurred to me that it was a dream and I could just wake myself up for real. The trick to waking yourself up once you become lucid is to close your dream eyes and focus on the sounds/feelings that your real body is experiencing. It will also wake you up if you stimulate the brain too much by doing something such as attempting to work out difficult math problems in your head.

It had happened to me many times. Funny thing on my part is, in my second level of dream, I realized that I was dreaming but somehow I was just not able to break the dream and wake up because It was dream within a dream. I kept trying to wake up. Kept on commanding my mind and body that this is a dream and I should probably wake up. But I didn't succeed. So when the dream within the dream got finish and I woke up in my 'real dream' (I don't know why dream within the dream ended or so), I remembered about being in dream within that dream, so I tried to woke up as I was li'l scared and didn't know what was happening around and so I was able to wake up from that dream (I just tried again and succeed this time). That has happened to me two to three times when I was going through a li'l tensed time. One more thing I notice that this has happened when I hadn't slept for a whole night before and took 1 < 2 hours of sleep in day time (that means I was neither completely sleep nor completely awake when I went to sleep). In that scenario, whenever I went to sleep at that night, I've experienced such nightmares (yeah those were all nightmares) Interesting part is that, this has all happened way before the release of 'Inception'. (Around 5 to 6 years ago.) It was impossible for me to figure out what the **** has happened in those dreams. It was all crazy. But after Inception, I was manage to figure it all out. Never had dream within a dream after that, by the way. I would love to experience it again, and give myself a kick and all, you know what I mean. :D :D :--D

Yaaaa I dream bout something..then my alarm goes off..i start studying..then i hear mom scream..then i realize i woke up and was studying dreams mein..then i get up for real and eat kachoriz for breakfast. :aha:

Yaaaa I dream bout something..then my alarm goes off..i start studying..then i hear mom scream..then i realize i woke up and was studying dreams mein..then i get up for real and eat kachoriz for breakfast. :aha:
Well Done!! :two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up:

My dreams have a standard procedure. They start out normally real life-like. Then they start getting weirder, sometimes totally effed up. That's when I realize its a dream and I wake up. Then I go about normally thinking about the previous dream then things again start to get werider and I again realize its still a dream. The best I can recall had four layers of dreams. I love my dreams, they are fantastic and really creative at times. Unfortunately I don't remember most of them.

So, Kachori is your totem (inception). :two_thumbs_up:

yes - and also - sleep paralysis, when (in the dream) you realize you are having horrible dream, and want to break it up, and sometimes are fully aware of who is near you, and many times address the person - wake me up, wake me up.. Also same like alarm thing, wake up dreaming about mobile ring, and it actually does after you wake up. Also - Serial dreams, when you get a sequel of a dream which you dreamed about many dreams/months/years back. and those dreams - which you wish to go on and on, but they get cut off (or get stuck) at the very crucial moment.