Indian Cuisine

julianlev

Chicken Stew. Hyderabadi Biryani with mirchi ka salan. Stuffed Malabar Paratha Goan fish/prawn curry. Malabari fish curry. pomfret recheado prawn gassi kappa Malabari Mutton Chettinad. Should I start with the ghass phoos too?
My mouth is watering just reading that. :woot: I also like to add Baghara baingan (my most favorite vegetarian dish). Then there are awesome sweets like Qubani ka meetha, Double ka meetha. :icflove:

in a food argument' date=' i am on smockeys side...:icflove:[/quote'] Me too..Sree,You should try some Chettinad food or pure Malabar food.Will shatter your myth of South Indian food.They have some stuff like shark curry,quail biryani thats quite exotic and you wont get it anywhere else except the south.

Awesome Southie food Kerala Fish curry - (dont like fish in any other dish other than this Chicken Chettinaadu Nandu Varuval (crab fry) Hyderabadi Dum Biriyani Tandoori chicken in Hyderabad. Idli Sambar in Saravana bhavan Masala Dosa in Saravana bhavan Appam and Egg Curry in Kerala Mysore Paa in Krishna sweets Awesome northie food Butter chicken Chicken Mughlai Chicken Hariyali Romalli Rotti Chandni Chowk Parathas Rabri and falooda in Delhi street side Choley Bhatoorey
There are alot of different ways to eat chicken it seems I understand that Tandoori chicken is called so as it is cooked in Tandoor ovens, but what is butter chicken?

There are alot of different ways to eat chicken it seems I understand that Tandoori chicken is called so as it is cooked in Tandoor ovens, but what is butter chicken?
In most places,Its tandoori chicken cooked in a rich tomato based spicy gravy with lots of butter.(and I mean lots) When I was at Amritsar, I ate the butter chicken there.The taste was completely different (better).It wasnt as tomato-ey ,more spicy,the garam masala flavor was very strong and it was literally floating in a pool of butter.It didnt have much of the Tandoori taste.

In most places,Its tandoori chicken cooked in a rich tomato based spicy gravy with lots of butter.(and I mean lots) When I was at Amritsar, I ate the butter chicken there.The taste was completely different (better).It wasnt as tomato-ey ,more spicy,the garam masala flavor was very strong and it was literally floating in a pool of butter.It didnt have much of the Tandoori taste.
The "tomato-ey" gravies are the staple of Indian restaurants in the West.

Paradise ki biriyani ... yummmmmm
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: I am a veggie but the Biryani(Anda or Veg) is still so damn good.... But if you are a meat eater I heard Bahar is much better and kheema breakfast in Alpha hotel Hope you are talking about paradise in Hyd though

:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: I am a veggie but the Biryani(Anda or Veg) is still so damn good.... But if you are a meat eater I heard Bahar is much better and kheema breakfast in Alpha hotel Hope you are talking about paradise in Hyd though
Used to have it every other day..And some other day at Bawarchi.. Oh those days in Secunderabad..
I have never been able to finish a complete Bawarch Biryani ever...Just too much Rice.
Hyderabadi food is awesome :icflove: and they give you so much quantity that three people can eat two biriyanis...