Address our players as you wish?

SachDan

Dude, You are going the same way as some of the loonies around here. Arent you one of the ICF Mod/Admins, take it up with them why drag this thing here? Secondly, SRT is midget(height wise) whats wrong with that? Whats next? Stop calling Amitabh as lamboo or Dara Singh as Pehelwaan? I hope you are smart enough to realize difference between caricatures based on personality and that by screwing someone's name. And yeah take this discussion where it belongs.

Dude, You are going the same way as some of the loonies around here. Arent you one of the ICF Mod/Admins, take it up with them why drag this thing here? Secondly, SRT is midget(height wise) whats wrong with that? Whats next? Stop calling Amitabh as lamboo or Dara Singh as Pehelwaan? I hope you are smart enough to realize difference between caricatures based on personality and that by screwing someone's name. And yeah take this discussion where it belongs.
Name calling (esp on internet forums) should not matter at all.. but calling SRT a midget seems to be factually wrong. As per quick google search, average height for Indian male is about 5'6". SRT is about just 1 inch shorter - so looks far from a 'midget'. ;)

Name calling (esp on internet forums) should not matter at all.. but calling SRT a midget seems to be factually wrong. As per quick google search, average height for Indian male is about 5'6". SRT is about just 1 inch shorter - so looks far from a 'midget'. ;)
oooo whats your height ? :acute:

Give the kids a break - the IPL enamored generation can't get themselves to criticize the root cause of the malaise, so are bringing up trivial issues. Wait till we come out with a worse result in England than Pakistan and then get whooped down under.

We've tried to cut down name calling, but it happens so often, its impossible to control I call Tendulkar a midget, its all words, I probably do it extra to wind up some people, as everyone knows Sachin-bhakts are sensitive :P
Et tu brute? :hehe:
Give the kids a break - the IPL enamored generation can't get themselves to criticize the root cause of the malaise, so are bringing up trivial issues. Wait till we come out with a worse result in England than Pakistan and then get whooped down under
Arre kahe ko wait Shwetabh..I wouldnt want that happen to Indian team..let the wannabe crowd big up India..better to have that than have India lose

Arre kahe ko wait Shwetabh..I wouldnt want that happen to Indian team..let the wannabe crowd big up India..better to have that than have India lose
You can't wish away the inevitable - the facade of the Indian test cricket team is crumbling when it really shouldn't have except for the 'India Shining' generation. We are still waiting for some loser to make his mark in test cricket after 11 years of abject failure, we glorify a 'spinner' who averages 35+ for more than half his career, we think the twirl of the bat after Gambhir's hard work qualifies a mediocre keeper as an entry to our all time test XI, the country is is in love with mediocrity and flashiness - the product doesn't matter, the presentation is paramount. I have well and truly enjoyed India's run at the top, but it's over and the biggest factor is IPL. Though if you say is loud the India Shining generation gets offended.

You can't wish away the inevitable - the facade of the Indian test cricket team is crumbling when it really shouldn't have except for the 'India Shining' generation. We are still waiting for some loser to make his mark in test cricket after 11 years of abject failure, we glorify a 'spinner' who averages 35+ for more than half his career, we think the twirl of the bat after Gambhir's hard work qualifies a mediocre keeper as an entry to our all time test XI, the country is is in love with mediocrity and flashiness - the product doesn't matter, the presentation is paramount. I have well and truly enjoyed India's run at the top, but it's over and the biggest factor is IPL. Though if you say is loud the India Shining generation gets offended.
I do concur with that. Indian ascent has also co-incided with India Shining Generation completely losing its marble and going nuts all over the place. Picking fights online with non-Indians and chastising neutral Indians as self-loather. This despite the fact that obviously India does not have the bowling attack to be Number 1(and you need 20 wickets to win). If India drops from Number 1 the barrage of humiliation coming Indian fans way would be unprecedented...:((

I do concur with that. Indian ascent has also co-incided with India Shining Generation completely losing its marble and going nuts all over the place. Picking fights online with non-Indians and chastising neutral Indians as self-loather. This despite the fact that obviously India does not have the bowling attack to be Number 1(and you need 20 wickets to win). If India drops from Number 1 the barrage of humiliation coming Indian fans way would be unprecedented...:((
What I find hilarious is that this India Shining generation considers India's success in test cricket to be attributable to the supposed brashness and fearlessness of the new generation, whereas the climb to the top has been built on the good old foundations and basics of the likes of Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Zaheer (for the last few years) - all as old school cricketers as you can think of. Yeah, some would say that Sehwag is not old school but anyone who has seen his steady head while meeting the ball would not bother bringing it up.

God = Maker. SRT = God = SRT is the maker of Sachin-bhakts and those who consider him God. So if you think Sachin created you..well then worship him..
lulz, I dont care either way. The OP asked is it ok to address players as you wish. I asked him, why is it ok to address sachin as god.

lulz' date=' I dont care either way. The OP asked is it ok to address players as you wish. I asked him, why is it ok to address sachin as god.[/quote'] I know, it was not meant towards you. Just saying that those who consider SRT = God (and there are some that truly do), should realize the inherent meaning in there.

God = Maker. SRT = God = SRT is the maker of Sachin-bhakts and those who consider him God. So if you think Sachin created you..well then worship him..
GOD is not only a creator of one self but a creator of something which a common man cannot fathom. And 32k International runs is something one can only dream of. So yes I am proud to be a GOD Bhakt and you have got your basics completely wrong Lurker, creator just doesn't mean creator of his fans or bhakts but it also covers the records and infinite soothing memories that he has given us fans to cherish. So yes, you can call him GOD if you believe in him, there is absolutely no harm in it.

I know' date=' it was not meant towards you. Just saying that those who consider SRT = God (and there are some that truly do), should realize the inherent meaning in there.[/quote'] As I was saying how calling Sachin midget can wind up Sachin Bhakts. Well that works the other way too :winky: (Just stop and think about how you react when he's called God :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: )