Afridi may be punished for clash with manager Talat Ali

King

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering taking action against all-rounder Shahid Afridi for exchanging harsh words with team manager Talat Ali during the recent training camp at Abbottabad. More... Afridi may be punished for clash with manager Talat Ali ANI ISLAMABAD, June 25: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering taking action against all-rounder Shahid Afridi for exchanging harsh words with team manager Talat Ali during the recent training camp at Abbottabad. A source in the board said the PCB has taken the matter seriously and is considering punishing Afridi, who has a history of violating discipline. "He (Afridi) may be called to appear before the disciplinary committee to explain his position and the authorities will then decide about the punishment," the source said. Ali has so far not made any formal complaint of the incident to the board. "I am making my mind to report this incident, but have not taken any decision as yet," The Nation quoted him, as saying. Ali further said that he would submit a detailed report of the brief England tour and this training camp after his arrival back from Glasgow. "I will report all players' conduct in that document and may discuss this issue as well," he said. Afridi almost had a physical clash with Ali at the Abbottabad camp when the manager said that Pakistan team did not have a concept of senior and junior players. Afridi then had a heated argument with Ali on this and went forward to even assault him physically, but stopped after the intervention of teammates. Meanwhile, the 27-year-old Karachi player has dismissed claims that he was not happy with the appointment of his junior teammate Salman Butt as the team’s vice-captain. "I am a team man and want to contribute for my country in any given condition," he said, adding that he was just focusing in giving his best for the team. Afridi was quoted by The News as saying that he was targeting the upcoming two One-Day Internationals (ODIs) against Scotland and India. "I am in good form and looking forward to give my best in next month’s matches," he said.

What freakin drama yet again. What is the problem with the Pakistan team? Looks like the team of 2000s can't stop fighting their own players. We hear so many incidents about indiscpline it is not funny anymore. How can they keep losing their cool so frequently? Moreover the world cup debacle hardly has passed by but all these prima donnas are concerned about is their freakin ego. No wonder Younis didn't want to lead this side.

Wonderful' date=' Pred!:hysterical:[/quote'] As much as i'd like to take credit for that, it's not my work. Remember those pics Fist of Fury made on the old board ? The ones that were on that Chill out thread ? I saved them all. Maybe Ravi can create a seperate page for displaying them
the 27-year-old Karachi player:hysterical::hysterical: He wants to stay twenteeish and also wants to be senior.......
I saw an interview of Afridi recently in which he said that all pakistani players boost their age up 2-3 years and that he was no different.
afridi has links with taliban..thats new to me!!!
Officially ? No he doesnt. But in reality- everyone knows(or should know) his involvement. His cousin is in one of those LeT style terrorist groups ffs ! ( or was? not sure if that guy is still alive). Afridi comes from a pretty traditional pashtun family- where there is fierce family/clan loyalty that goes much further than immediate family or cousins. In reality, he is a seriously dodgy fellow.