Patent it

Rajiv

I keep scribbling technology related ideas - mostly high-tech. But getting patent is a totally different game altogether, esp very impractical for individuals. First you have to sift through the patent db to find whether something similar has already been patented or not, and if you find, then modify the description/document to make it sound original, get it verified from lawyers..and so on... Unless the patent has real world potential/implementation or mass-appeal, it just ends up as a bullet in your CV, that too at a cost. And it is not trivial to assess the real world potential, however novel the idea may sound in the beginning. Speaking of the Scene-It, .this throwing dice etc. looks like cosmetic addons on top of the 20-questions game. Even a dumbed down version (for ease of multi-play) of the original 20-questions game, for iPhone/android would be a good app...

Any innovators? you guys have ideas cross your mind and just forgot about it? Although its nothing new but it would be awesome to have bollywood version of Scene it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scene_It%3F
Speaking of this - it was couple of years before IPL, I was very bullish on - some professional sports league has to be started in India, very soon, the time just seemed to be right... started reading on business of sports, talked to few people about it, wrote in my application essays.. and then forgot about it.. and you can see what has IPL become ;). This is apart from few other - why_did_I_not_implement_it - moments.

^ It is one of the 'obvious' ideas in my long list.. just that the current image processing technology is not advanced enough. Even at current exponential pace, it will take 5+ years to reach that stage where we can see working prototypes. Even something as simple as measuring the dimensions of an object w/o reference objects/spots in view is very tough - that too after you assume you can clearly identify/locate objects in the picture.

^ It is one of the 'obvious' ideas in my long list.. just that the current image processing technology is not advanced enough. Even at current exponential pace, it will take 5+ years to reach that stage where we can see working prototypes. Even something as simple as measuring the dimensions of an object w/o reference objects/spots in view is very tough - that too after you assume you can clearly identify/locate objects in the picture.
abhey saala yeh bhi socha tha lekin kya complexity..color of food, bone/veg structure?