Ultimate_Game

Let's all laugh at Eng... Lol England :)

They are making too much about last series win by England, yes Monty and Swann bowled well but our batting was atrocious, Sachin was done long time ago so were Gambhir,Sehwag and Bhajji.Not only these oldies from India played poor cricket they took England and their places for granted.It was case of India losing it than England winning it. Not to forget Mr.Aleem Dar and his atrocious umpiring.

Kohli and Ashwin still were very raw then .

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Last time England toured India they had a full time bowling coach working long time with them and they won.

This time they hired Saqi for a week or two and he left mid tour and their spin bowlers were horrible.

Disregard spin to your own peril ECB.

With your riches you be hiring the best spin coach available.

You must be kidding Saqlain was there for first three tests here and what happened, it was just fluky that Rashid got some cheap wickets. The moment Indian stopped giving these guys cheap wickets they showed their true colors. Saqlain is no magician who can turn bums into great spinners.

25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You must be kidding Saqlain was there for first three tests here and what happened, it was just fluky that Rashid got some cheap wickets. The moment Indian stopped giving these guys cheap wickets they showed their true colors. Saqlain is no magician who can turn bums into great spinners.

?????

I'm not talking about Saqi in particular I am saying that they should have had a full time spin coach long term.

After Mushy left they had no one for years and predictably their spin game suffered.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast said:

?????

I'm not talking about Saqi in particular I am saying that they should have had a full time spin coach long term.

After Mushy left they had no one for years and predictably their spin game suffered.

I don't think it is about spinning coach, Mustaq and Saqi had nothing to do with emergence of Monty and Swann. It is about their grass roots levels and first class cricket giving importance to development of spin.If Rashid and Ali are the best they got then they do not have any spinners.

6 hours ago, diga said:

link pls?

Why get rid of the coach? 

6 hours ago, sandeep said:

Really?  

Afraid not. That was just me saying what I want to happen. Sorry for the confusion. In my opinion our Test team is going backwards under him and his obsession with "positive cricket", particularly the batting. Even Root and Bairstow have caught the reckless shots disease. Also his selections and the fact that he, by his own admission, does not have a clue about any English cricketers outside the current clique as he does not watch any county cricket, is a disgrace for the bloke calling himself coach of the national team.

1 hour ago, YCCC said:

Afraid not. That was just me saying what I want to happen. Sorry for the confusion. In my opinion our Test team is going backwards under him and his obsession with "positive cricket", particularly the batting. Even Root and Bairstow have caught the reckless shots disease. Also his selections and the fact that he, by his own admission, does not have a clue about any English cricketers outside the current clique as he does not watch any county cricket, is a disgrace for the bloke calling himself coach of the national team.

The biggest problems of the English test team, especially while playing  in Asia are   -

1)  Trying to pick spinners based on their batting ability rather than picking the best spinners  

2)  Having too many mediocre average batsmen in the middle order  ( problem anywhere )

3)  As you said...even good batsmen playing too many rash shots.  ( problem anywhere )

4)  Being too concerned with the height of a  seamer and ignoring the shorter, skiddy ones like Stuart Meaker who are more effective in Asia.

10 hours ago, mishra said:

I was worried about this happening after that South Africa frndly. "Positive Cricket" got "Totally exposed."

What we've seen so far is that England team is incapable of adjusting and any change from pattas - be it seam/swing or slowish/spin friendly pitch and they crumble.