Kartik

goose

i think, Ganguly did the right thing.... i woulda done the same... it is a man's game out there, Bheems.... the kids got to learn to be tough and this is how he should get baptizzed.... he will only get laughed at, if he runs to the umpire....

Heres what I would have done if I were the non-striker ... call me a lunatic if you want ... but I would have gone upto the wicketkeeper along with Karthik ... and given him more than a earfull in the most foulest of language ... plus I would sledge the crap out of the bowler while he was still in his run up ... he shouldnt mind it as long as the opposition expects the batsmen to not mind the bakwaas when he is about to take strike. As it stands ... the haramis will continue ... from both ends.
and thts exactly wat they want.... .to get on ur nerves..... in history, there have been very few batters who have got worked up and not lost their concentration... the odds are heavily against u.... everyone knows it, and hence sledging is done.... not to put u down, but to work u up...

Need to see a bit more him, Sriram. We've had too many false dawns in our part of the world. I want to see a big hundred from him tomorrow, forgetting about personal milestones and sweating blood for the team cause. If he does that, I'll be his slave for the rest of my life.

There was a poll on who would be our best bat. I guess i was the lone voter for Karthik. I always backed him and will continue to do so. His attitude more than his success is the one to cherish
Exactly Bumper. More than the runs apart Dhondy , dont you see something special in him ? The guy always seems up for a fight. He has shown outstanding maturity for a 22 year old. Even in this innings , he has mixed attack and defence like an experienced pro. He seems one for the keeps to me.Its not the runs he has scored , but the manner in which he has scored them that has impressed me the most. He seems to know how to construct an innings, for someone so inexperienced , that is amazing.

he plays for the team... pressure isnt affecting him it seems... a lot stable compare to veeru.. he will go miles.. now we need to get rid of dhoni from test. let karthik keep.. and bring in another stable bat for Test.. dhoni is wasting a place in test squad.. (especially outside of India)

Yup, good attitude, definitely. He's got to be hungry though. Do it again and again. Aim to be a Dravid or a Tendulkar, not just any old batsman.
Yes.. its a great accolade to him that you are wanting him to emulate a Sachin or a Dravid. I wont even mind him giving up wicket-keeping so that he can concentrate on his batting. We have discovered a gem here i think. That would either be confirmed or poured cold water over , tomorrow.
KKD for Captaincy after Dravid retires... he is better than some of the pretenders... Dhoni is definitely under pressure to perform now at least in tests...
See, this is exactly the sort of mindset that completely screws up the perspective of our youngsters. A bit of success=Divinity

@Bumper.. Bumps, Didnt i tell you the pressure on Dhoni would be immense if he didnt deliver ? You didnt seem to think so then. P.S - I am in no way trying to point out statements made by posters. Just want to have an honest and dignified discussion.

KKD for Captaincy after Dravid retires... he is better than some of the pretenders... Dhoni is definitely under pressure to perform now at least in tests...
Sandeep comes up with gems now and then ! Way to go TGIB !