Satyamev Jayate - Aamir Khan's first TV show

ViruRulez

Whoever thinks that Peepli live, Delhi belly and Dhobi ghat are crap films...know nothing about quality films. Better stick to the likes of tees mar khan, double dhamaal and the rest of the crap that mainstream Bollywood comes out with these days.

Whoever thinks that Peepli live' date=' Delhi belly and Dhobi ghat are crap films...know nothing about quality films. Better stick to the likes of tees mar khan, double dhamaal and the rest of the crap that mainstream Bollywood comes out with these days.[/quote'] +1

Whoever thinks that Peepli live' date=' Delhi belly and Dhobi ghat are crap films...know nothing about quality films. Better stick to the likes of tees mar khan, double dhamaal and the rest of the crap that mainstream Bollywood comes out with these days.[/quote'] Peepli live and Dhobi ghat are just Good movies not Great... Delhi belly is similer to other comedy movies just that they used more vulgur language thats all..certainly no master piece :winky:

I think Peepli Live was the best. While Dhobi Ghat takes itself too seriously. It is more like a documentary biography rather than a film. Delhi Belly is mostly made name for its DK Bose kind of acts. Lets see what Talaash boasts of?

^ Satyameva Jayate' date=' I doubt has anything to do with patriotism. It means "Victory to Truth/Justice". The show could be about everything in life, that questions justice, integrity, self-belief etc.[/quote'] I understand that but considering it's engraved on our National Emblem, I made that connection. Looks like, I was thinking "far ahead".

Here is a link to the official videos from the youtube channel and the channel itself. PgkylouOHfg Hats off to him for daring what was never dared ever by any superstar on Indian television. And I like how he gives importance to each and every part of India from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Gujarat to Northeast. The only sensible and responsible star in the modern era. :hatsoff: http://www.youtube.com/user/satyamevajayateshow

It will be aired at 11am on Sundays. It may be a good show but I don't expect it to be a hit.
If it is indeed a patriotic show which touches issues of importance in the nation and still does not become a hit whereas the swayamvars and sh!t shows keep on becoming superhits then I would have to say there is definitely something wrong with Indians as a whole and probably the country cannot be rectified easily. However, I feel it would be a massive success. The website as well as the video is spreading rapidly. http://www.satyamevjayate.in/ Also the youtube video I posted above already has over 314 likes and it was just released today.

The song is also posted on the tseries channel [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXg6Usdjl5c]Satyamev Jayate Official Theme Song | Aamir Khan - YouTube[/ame] It has crossed 1,606 likes and 22K+ views today itself there too. Another interesting thing. Now, Aamir has confirmed that it will not only be telecast on Star Plus as well as in all languages simultaneously but will also be telecast in DD1 too so that every village and every household in India can see it and everyone can be reached. Hats off for being the first one to do so. No other big show has ever been shown on DD1. Even cricket matches find it difficult to be shown on DD1 nowadays as it hurts their revenues. But Aamir seems to be not caring about revenues even now. :hatsoff:

If it is indeed a patriotic show which touches issues of importance in the nation and still does not become a hit whereas the swayamvars and sh!t shows keep on becoming superhits then I would have to say there is definitely something wrong with Indians as a whole and probably the country cannot be rectified easily. However, I feel it would be a massive success. The website as well as the video is spreading rapidly. http://www.satyamevjayate.in/ Also the youtube video I posted above already has over 314 likes and it was just released today.
The reason why I think it may not do very well is the timing of the telecast - 11am on Sundays. People used to watch tv shows on Sunday mornings a few years ago but now irrespective of the content of the show, its almost always the prime time (i.e. from around 7 in the evening to around 11 in the night) when shows are successful. The time when people used to watch Mahabharata etc in the morning is long gone.

The reason why I think it may not do very well is the timing of the telecast - 11am on Sundays. People used to watch tv shows on Sunday mornings a few years ago but now irrespective of the content of the show' date=' its almost always the prime time (i.e. from around 7 in the evening to around 11 in the night) when shows are successful. The time when people used to watch Mahabharata etc in the morning is long gone.[/quote'] Probably it would be repeated in the evening prime time too I suppose. As a kid, we used to watch TV shows during the Doordarshan days in the Sunday morning and the timing is a sort of nostalgia. So, it might work out IMO. Secondly, Aamir has now confirmed it would not only be telecast in multiple languages but would also be telecast on Doordarshan in an attempt to reach every Indian. And in the villages and remote areas where DD is the only source it might work out well too. He wants to reach every Indian it seems and it definitely looks like a patriotic show. So, the timing might work out as the evening prime time works mainly for entertainment shows and not patriotic ones.

Probably it would be repeated in the evening prime time too I suppose. As a kid' date= we used to watch TV shows during the Doordarshan days in the Sunday morning and the timing is a sort of nostalgia. So, it might work out IMO. Secondly, Aamir has now confirmed it would not only be telecast in multiple languages but would also be telecast on Doordarshan in an attempt to reach every Indian. And in the villages and remote areas where DD is the only source it might work out well too. He wants to reach every Indian it seems and it definitely looks like a patriotic show. So, the timing might work out as the evening prime time works mainly for entertainment shows and not patriotic ones.
I don't think it will be repeated because if they do repeat it in the evening then the whole point of having a morning slot will be lost (I read somewhere that Amir insisted that he will have the show only at 11am on Sundays instead of evening so I don't think there will be repeat in evening). Thats the thing, we used to watch those shows in the good old days of doordarshan but I don't think people will watch a show in that time slot nowadays. From the promos it looks like a pretty good show so I hope it is successful.