IPL 5 will be Sourav Ganguly's last as a player: Subrata Roy| Latest Update -I'm captain till end of season -Sourav Ganguly

Pagalpanti

"Sourav will be the mentor next season. We rather pushed him to play in IPL 5 as he is such a fantastic captain," Roy said. The Warriors are already out of the race for the play-offs berth and Roy said Ganguly would like to sit out the team's last three matches for the youngsters' sake. "Sourav wants to give youngsters a chance in the last games," Roy said.
or was it the other way round

If this was the case' date=' wonder why Mr. Roy didn't say this at the start of the tournament. I think it's just to save Ganguly's face. :hmmm:[/quote'] what it maybe ,but we should not drag him more now .He was one of our best captain at ne time .That matters the most . Alos ,Mr Roy is at least not insulting him like SRK did which was really rubbish .

Mr. Roy can tip him to kkr with adjusting $20k fine for being slow. :giggle: Dada such a bad investment.
speaking of bad investment....nothing can be worse than committing 3 hrs of your life that you'll never get back & investing big money to watch a 45 yr old "king" khan dance as a robot

what it maybe ,but we should not drag him more now .He was one of our best captain at ne time .That matters the most . Alos ,Mr Roy is at least not insulting him like SRK did which was really rubbish .
SRK insulting Ganguly? KKR is a business "owned" by SRK. I am not a big fan of SRK but he can do whatever he wants with KKR PERIOD

SRK insulting Ganguly? KKR is a business "owned" by SRK. I am not a big fan of SRK but he can do whatever he wants with KKR PERIOD
If he was that worried he would not have done that what he did .We all know the response he got with almost empty stadiums the same year he kicked out dada .There are other ways to kick out famous player ,but not that way . Look how RCB got rid of Kumble .

Mr. Roy can tip him to kkr with adjusting $20k fine for being slow. :giggle: Dada such a bad investment.
King khan understood that the how good investment Sourav Ganguly is from the starting day of IPL. but :hatsoff: to Khan because he is more interested on wining than earning.

If he was that worried he would have done that what he did .We all know the response he got with almost empty stadiums the same year he kicked out dada .There are other ways to kick out player ' date='but not that way .[/quote'] What? It's his decision whom to play and whom not to. Should be also say SRK "insulted" the other 200 players he didn't pick & Buchanan? NO. It's not an insult but a decision based on pure performance. Simple, it's important to look at things objectively. Ganguly "was" the best man to lead in the early 2000 but is just a bad investment in a T20 and that's that. No need for brouhaha over SRK not picking Ganguly to play for his team. It's SRK's team. If Ganguly doesn't like it, he can buy his own team and captain/mentor/coach/fielding coach it for eternity. There's no comparison between Ganguly and Kumble. Kumble gracefully pulled out of the auction. What does Lordie do? He increases his base price to USD 400,000. You require yourself to be treated like Kumble, act like Kumble. FWIW, KKR offered the mentor position to Ganguly but his highness - "I feel great, I love game, I want to captain, I want to play".

what it maybe ,but we should not drag him more now .He was one of our best captain at ne time .That matters the most . Alos ,Mr Roy is at least not insulting him like SRK did which was really rubbish .
yeah he was a good captain in the past upto 2006, but that doesnt give him the license to go on and continue forever. One mistake which SRK did was to bid for IPL team from Kolkatta, where he knew the people only care about Ganguly and nothing else and ganguly was past his prime even before the first IPL started.

What? It's his decision whom to play and whom not to. Should be also say SRK "insulted" the other 200 players he didn't pick & Buchanan? NO. It's not an insult but a decision based on pure performance. Simple, it's important to look at things objectively. Ganguly "was" the best man to lead in the early 2000 but is just a bad investment in a T20 and that's that. No need for brouhaha over SRK not picking Ganguly to play for his team. It's SRK's team. If Ganguly doesn't like it, he can buy his own team and captain/mentor/coach/fielding coach it for eternity. There's no comparison between Ganguly and Kumble. Kumble gracefully pulled out of the auction. What does Lordie do? He increases his base price to USD 400,000. You require yourself to be treated like Kumble, act like Kumble. FWIW, KKR offered the mentor position to Ganguly but his highness - "I feel great, I love game, I want to captain, I want to play".
Everyone know he was bad investment in T20 .No one arguing on that point ,but Owner tend to buy these big players for marketing .Thereby generating money .Even a tom ,dick and harry knows what gangu can do for publicity in kolkata. They gave him mentor position after backlash from public for kicking him out of auction .They played with fire and got fire in return.In the end it wasn't gangu's loss ,but KKR's loss . Yes ,We know why Kumble gracefully puled out of the auction .There is something you don't know which went behind before the auction.

Everyone know he was bad investing in T20 .No one arguing on that point ,but Owner tend to buy these big players for marketing .Thereby generating money .Even a tom ,dick and harry knows the what gangu can do for your publicity in kolkata. They gave him mentor position after backlash from public for kicking him out of auction .They played with fire and got fire in return.In the end it wasn't gangu's loss ,but KKR's loss . Yes ,We know why Kumble gracefully puled out of the auction .There is something you don't know which went behind the before the auction.
:hysterical: KKR is at "loss" by firing Ganguly? tumblr_m2dxd0ZP4S1rqqz15o1_500_large.gif

:hysterical: KKR is at "loss" by firing Ganguly?
loss in Terms of Money !! what does EMPTY STADIUM DO THEN :haha::haha::haha::hysterical::hysterical: I never knew empty stadium brings money :haha::haha::haha:

If he was that worried he would not have done that what he did .We all know the response he got with almost empty stadiums the same year he kicked out dada .There are other ways to kick out famous player ,but not that way . Look how RCB got rid of Kumble .
Why bring in Kumble?

Kaunsa empty stadium Stuge bhaiyya? :dontknow: The stadiums are full but for certain fanatics. Winning brings more money than losing, koi shak?
I'm talking about last years IPL ..Seems like you started watching IPL from 2012 .:roti:
Why bring in Kumble?
Kindly read all the posts to even understand.If you still don't understand then keep wondering why Kumble ??? :cantstop:
If anybody thinks that people are watching PWI matches just because Dada plays for PWI' date='they are being delusional.[/quote'] ofcourse his value outside Kolkata isn't much ,but he is respected for sure .