1-0 or 2-0 Does it matter?

Salu 86

Many of us think that whether india wins by 1-0 or 2-0 it doesnt matter. The goal will be achieved by winning series 1-0 as well. Now be realistic and see the ICC test ranking and see what the difference is by winnig 1-0 and 2-0 Now India have 102 points and is on 5th place. If they win the series by 1-0 they will climb up to 4th place with equal poits(107) with Sri Lanka. And if India wins by 2-0 as they were quite able to do yesterday by enforcing england follow-on they will get 109 points equal to England´s (109) and will be ranked 3rd. England´s next tour is to Sri Lanka where they will lose the series quite comfortably lolll so India could climb up to 2nd Spot First time in the history. now see 1-0 or 2-0 Does it matter or not???? won´t u want to see india on 2nd spot?

Saluji....if the team plays well...it is likely that they will be ranked better..... But a lot of people are not interested in rankings. I for one don't ever bother who is ranked where.Besides ICC is not the only ranking ...every tom ,dick and harry has a ranking .....

it matters because 2-0 is comprehensive, 1-0 is marginal....People will think 'oh, could have been 1-1 if only that lbw had been given on last day of 1st test'. You can see English looking relaxed, like they've switched jail for house arrest.... Comms already smirking that India will be wiped out in Australia with this kind of negative attitude and feeble running...:sad_smile:

it matters because 2-0 is comprehensive, 1-0 is marginal....People will think 'oh, could have been 1-1 if only that lbw had been given on last day of 1st test'. You can see English looking relaxed, like they've switched jail for house arrest.... Comms already smirking that India will be wiped out in Australia with this kind of negative attitude and feeble running...:sad_smile:
english comms + holding will never give credit to india without any accompanied ifs and buts. even if we had won 3-0 they will come up with the BS of missing "freddie and co.". i would just go with what makes me happy. yes 2-0 is better than 1-0, but going into the series if someone had offered me 1-0, i would have gladly taken it. what we need to do is win series (away from home) consistently. now off to the ODI series.

The series win takes precedence ahead of everything else, but it's very frustrating to see India throwing away an opportunity to win a test when they could have easily done so. 0-2 was there for the taking, but they just frittered away their advantage. Pathetic cricket. You don't give second chances to the opposition at this level.

tameez seekho beta.Mama ne nahi sikhai kya???? hum yahan pakistan ya india nahi discuss ker rahe we are just discussing ke 2-0 better hota samjhe???apni opnion kaho but Pakistan ke ya pakis ke khilaf kuch kaha na to .....phar donga samjhe???
hahaha... joker..

common guys, control the language and do welcome the guests Well, yes a 2-0 series win looks better than a 1-0 win. But you have to put this series into context. It has been more than a decade since India won (they did tie the last test series) in England. Putting that into perspective, I dont think the fans or the players themselves would be too concerned with a 1-0 or a 2-0 series win. If you asked the fans or the players of a series win at the beginning of the tour, they would have taken it hands down.