10 people shot dead at premiere of new Batman film in Denver

velu

You're advocating Communism :beee: If everyone in the theater carried a gun, the shooter would be too scared to shoot any of them. Besides, its Eric Holder's fault.
A dark theater filled with smoke/gas, a mad man on a shooting rampage and the rest of the people carrying guns too?!?! I am absolutely sure that things would have been under control!!

Even with guns legal it's rarely a civilian shooting down such guys. So much for guns are self defense. Also if guns were banned in long term (50 years) average ef ed up people (most shooters are not seasoned criminals) would not be bothered to get guns illegally and would be carrying knives. Rather than 20 people killed in shootings it would be 1 or 2 stabbed. High level criminals will have guns in every country. The gun violence comparison between USA and Europe shows why USA policies have got it wrong.

just plain disgusting to see some people on some site basically rejoicing at the fact that people in America died and this is the direct consequence of US killing "innocents" elsewhere
:omg: may God bless them with some sense

James Holmes shot 71 people 12 of them die so is he a terrorist or he doesn't fit the bill?
million dollar question! if it was someone from Asia' date=' then the whole US would jump over us desiz![/quote'] Typical

Why are guns legal in USA? No wonder so many shootings when any person who is ef ed up can get their hands on Assualt rifles etc easily. Follow example of other countries like Aus or UK and ban guns! It would largely reduce these incidents in long term.
This issue (and the death penalty) are where I part with my conservatism. It is a self-defense and "protection-against-oppressive-regimes" argument that needs to be reconsidered. First, assault weapons should be banned, and current gun laws need to be strongly enforced. Remember this: while these dramatic, suburban middle-class, mass killings make headlines, tens of 1000s of people are killed in gun violence each year - mostly in poor neighborhoods in big cities - with illegal weapons.

Run before Cricaddict gets to you and explains the sanctity of 2nd amendment.
No, I will just quote Sarah Palin:
"IÃÎ not going to take away your guns, Palin promised. However, she advocated closing the loophole that allows for gun purchases without background checks at gun shows and for reinstating the assault weapons ban. Palin kept her promises to gun owners but not to gun control advocates, who have been frustrated. She signed bills allowing guns in national parks and on Amtrak.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/where-obama-and-romney-stand-on-gun-control/2012/07/20/gJQAwMpNyW_blog.html

Man' date=' that was a fast and furious defense of the Atty General :-).[/quote'] I wouldn't mind if that guy was fired. There was the nonsense though of the administration conspiring to secretly promote gun violence and thus push for gun control legislation.

I wouldn't mind if that guy was fired. There was the nonsense though of the administration conspiring to secretly promote gun violence and thus push for gun control legislation.
There are some serious conspiracy theorists out there. They are spouting off that the CO massacre was also orchestrated to coincide with the UN gun ban treaty signing or whatever.

Right to bear arms, aka the 2nd amendment of the US constitution is about as absurd as it gets. No you don't need to bear arms, you have no right to kill anyone even if your life is in danger. Thanks to the NRI and right wing lunatics, expect many more of these events in the future. As George Carlin said, the Right wing of the US is more interested in protecting the unborn than those who are already born. I say, amend the constitution and make it illegal to posses any kind of firearm. It is impossible to legally burst fire-crackers for Diwali, but you can buy a gun and go on a shooting spree. WTF!