Biggest six ever in ODI history

manali

aint this idiot advertising??? astle, when he hit that 200, hit some hige sixes too... and they werent of a PART TIME bowler
Oh yes he did. Couple of them in fact went outside the ground. Unfortunately the stadium wasn't big enough to hold his shots. Everyone was smacked around but Caddick was the worst hit.

Can there be a bigger hit than this ? I have seen this video many times before , and i literally got obsessed with. Every time i see it , i always wonder - How can anybody hit the cricket so hard , so cleanly ! Afridi may not be the biggest match-winner, but the fun element he brings to the game is what makes him an invaluable asset. From the moment the ball left the bowler's hand , the only thing he wanted to do was to hit it, and nothing else. Cricket is actually by and large a boring and repetitive game to watch , but its moments like these - A huge Six , a scorching yorker , an outstanding catch or brilliant outswinger , that makes the spectator's day.

I didn't watch the Astle innings live but can't help thinking the fans who did would have started believing to an extent that the 550 would be chased down in the most miraculous manner.
I have that innings, released it on CVU long time ago Even mailed cricketics a copy last year

I have that innings, released it on CVU long time ago Even mailed cricketics a copy last year
Yeah Rajeev, I've seen it on your blog. I was referring to the adrenaline rush people watching it live must have felt. Even watching the recording and knowing the result, it gives you such a sense of WOW!

Yeah Rajeev' date=' I've seen it on your blog. I was referring to the adrenaline rush people watching it live must have felt. Even watching the recording and knowing the result, it gives you such a sense of WOW![/quote'] but no replays

i watched that astle inning Live.. i have that bloody awesome knock of astle.. thanks for that again.. rajeev sent it to me monthz ago, don't exactly know if it was last year or early this year.. meanwhile talking about the biggest six.. i guess the biggest six i ever saw the from Ricardo powell to i think paul strang of zim in singapore during india, zim, windies series.. that was a bloody huge six..