Kejriwal

King Tendulkar

Aah, pretty easy to want dictatorship when you wouldnt be facing the consequences, living in a western democracy. Indian voters might be stupid, but its their own stupidity, let them live with it BTW, I have mostly seen that its the NRI's who always suggest extreme solutions. Like this example. Or when they want supremacy of one religion, or stern action against one community, or a war with Pakistan. Pretty easy to say when they are not going to face any of the consequences
Dude there are a lot of people who said that English raj was better and the people you mention in your post are the same and they are everywhere. I have even heard people say that Sanjay Gandhi would have been great for this country. And yes I don't live in India

Arvind Kejriwal and economic illiteracy in public life http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/xlDkKDre1EI4JKKTm5pFgP/Arvind-Kejriwal-and-the-economic-illiteracy-in-public-life.html Well somebody had to say it.
Well RBI has failed to control inflation or promote growth ,They had increased repo rate in last few years and now it is hampering growth but they cannot decrease it due to inflation.Its a double edged sword.Rbi job is made tougher by a govt lack of reforms in last 2 years.In India food inflation is really the main problem which can be controlled by improving storage and other reforms .

Well RBI has failed to control inflation or promote growth ' date='They had increased repo rate in last few years and now it is hampering growth but they cannot decrease it due to inflation.Its a double edged sword.Rbi job is made tougher by a govt lack of reforms in last 2 years.In India food inflation is really the main problem which can be controlled by improving storage and other reforms .[/quote'] Okay. Not sure if that is even the point of the article.

How does it matter if he understands basics of economics or not? Kejriwal , as the head of a party , can be expected to be a honest administrator not a renowned economist. In a true democracy, it is not feasible to expect every politician to be master in every field, and no economic decisions are taken by one person.

BTW, I have mostly seen that its the NRI's who always suggest extreme solutions. Like this example. Or when they want supremacy of one religion, or stern action against one community, or a war with Pakistan. Pretty easy to say when they are not going to face any of the consequences
You've repeated this BS often that you probably even believe this now. :winky:

You've repeated this BS often that you probably even believe this now. :winky:
I am not the only one though. This is today's editorial in TOI http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/right-and-wrong/entry/sri-lanka-s-diaspora-dilemma
And yet there are occasions when we see our Overseas Citizens as a nuisance. Maybe the earlier sense of superiority that came with the suitcase of goodies to distribute to the poor, left-behind relatives has waned. But the condescension that comes with a sense of I-know-best-what-is-goodfor-India often has many gnashing their teeth. The social media has actually increased this gap between those who care for India and those who actually experience it on a daily basis. The most extreme and inflammatory messages on twitter, for example, can invariably be traced back to some Indian living in North America, doing a mid-level job who has very limited social interaction with colleagues and neighbours. He may be living in a well-appointed Hicksville suburb but mentally he has transported himself to India via the social media. It is a schizoid existence and invariably generates a perspective of India that is both frozen in time and distorted by the lack of everyday social interaction. Reading Indian newspapers on the net and watching Indian news channels on cable cannot ever compensate for the more rounded view provided by the drudgeries of daily existence.
And this is not the only one, nor India is the only country with this problem

People wishing for benevolent dictatorship ?The dark ages have returned. Seriously' date=' itna padh likh ke log aisi baatein karte hain, pata nahi kya ho gaya desh ko ? :sad:[/quote'] some people want Modi for PM and think that he is democratic and will unite the country :sad: