Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Not to mention - Saket is a prime place inside Delhi' date=' probably the heart of it.[/quote'] I stayed 4-5 years in Delhi at a place next to Munirka, where these people had boarded this bus. So, I know Delhi a bit. and No Saket is not heart of Delhi. But that discussion is irrelevant here.

What you nees to know is that I have lived in 3 other metro cities in India. Also' date=' some of my relatives live in Delhi since 1949 and I am in a decent position to make that comment. Stop the high horse ego attitude ad accept the problem first. Do not make this one of yhe north-south threads.[/quote'] no no I wasnt doing that.just pointing out that since its a big city n national capital might contribute to more incidents being reported. u misinterpreted. I do accept the problem n call for death penalty for such crime.I'm not into these south north things yaar

no no I wasnt doing that.just pointing out that since its a big city n national capital might contribute to more incidents being reported. u misinterpreted. I do accept the problem n call for death penalty for such crime.I'm not into these south north things yaar
OK - but that's not the point of discussion. Delhi despite being the capital of India is one of the worst places to live for a woman/girl.

I was actually born in Saket, less than a km away from Saket PVR and I lived there for many years till I moved overseas so i know what has happened there. Its a common knowledge that Dilli walay do not respect women, female infanticide is at its worst in NCR and has always been. So when extra laad pyar is given to a male child infront of his sisters, he learns that he is above women and he can get his way with the weaker sex. No 2 problem is the GAP between the rich and poor. Maybe one can see the same in Mumbai too but in Saket a house is worth 20-25 crore and these places were worth 1 or maybe even 1.5 just 12 years ago. To clean, drive, serve etc etc each of these houses (which have families on each floor) employee many poor people who at best make 1-2k or skilled job like nanny or driver might make 6-10k so these people see ameeron ke betian dating , looking better and being all modern and they get frustrated as they cant have them ever and this keeps building at a certain level till it results in robberies , murders, kidnappings and rapes. 3rd problem and its very specific to delhi is the rise in property prices. People who had milk dairies (actually bhains/tabela) and lived in delhi outer have now become multi millionaires. I know a kid whose father actually had a tabela and he sold 1/10th of his property in 2000 and over night he was driving opel astra. There is nothing wrong in becoming rich like this but when this happens in the entire NCR and then add the connections people have in Indian, plus the male child being taught that he is lord shiva etc etc ... all this makes crimes more likely to happen. There are kids who are 14-15 yr old who are driving luxury cars in saket today. I dont know how to end this post but I dont only blame the people who have gotten rich due to rise in property prices but almost all delhi-ites. Before price rise there say 100 rich retards and now there are 10000 and add the rich poor divide to it coupled with sexual frustration and you can see enough reasons for this mess.

OK - but that's not the point of discussion. Delhi despite being the capital of India is one of the worst places to live for a woman/girl.
I was contesting ur point that the general attitude of men in Delhi is condenscing.I just said the situation is as bad as in other place in India.thats not to defend Delhi,its still a problem anyways lets not derail the thread and agree to disagree.thanx

I was actually born in Saket, less than a km away from Saket PVR and I lived there for many years till I moved overseas so i know what has happened there. Its a common knowledge that Dilli walay do not respect women, female infanticide is at its worst in NCR and has always been. So when extra laad pyar is given to a male child infront of his sisters, he learns that he is above women and he can get his way with the weaker sex.
Try telling that out loud! The men will protect their own wives/sisters/daughters but will not leave the slightest of opportunity to take advantage of other women. Harsh reality - in fact, I can see that in the way youngsters talk about girls. There is a stark difference in the language, tone and attitude by boys towards girls from a very young age in Delhi than it is elsewhere. Sure, it's not like other places do not have the problem but considering Delhi is a prime city of India and the capital it reflects the nation. The best time was when Kiran Bedi was around in the 1970s - even the biggest of gundas used to run with tails between their legs!

Till some of these bastards are hanged, the janta will not have a fear of getting punished by law. Right now everybody knows "kya ho jayega ?" It's especially worse in Delhi as people don't respect anybody especially women.
Agree with ya. It's now time to raise hell. Hang them, give em the lethal injection, publicly humiliate them, do something.

No. I don't think so. I vaguely recall a reading a case in India Today magazine from 90's. Barbaric act. Shouldn't be difficult to identify the perpetrators of the crime. If bus can be identified (which is not a huge task) then bus staff can be identified immediately and once police have hands on any one of the staff, everybody involved will be known. But unfortunately somebody would grease police hands before that happens. Corruption is root of all evils in India. Being practical I would say, these people were naive to board an empty bus at 11 PM in night.
How is that practical? She had a male companion with her, in the heart of the city. I mean if she was alone then fair enough, but here she was with someone. The fact is even if she was 2 other men she wld probably have still been attacked. That was some ruthless mob in that bus. Hope the perps are fecking publicly identified and then castrated.

my brother lives there n he says thats not the case.he feels that Delhi is such a big city,that the number of such incidents automatically increases n since its Delhi,they get highlighted more.the problem is as bad as in other city as per him ofcourse the problem is still there
Not sure in how many other cities your brother has lived, but I have lived in a quite a few and I can tell you that Delhi is not a nice city for a girl to live in. Girls have to face stuff like groping, pinching and shoulder-rubbing on a regular basis in Delhi. Mumbai is the safest city in that regard.

Not sure in how many other cities your brother has lived, but I have lived in a quite a few and I can tell you that Delhi is not a nice city for a girl to live in. Girls have to face stuff like groping, pinching and shoulder-rubbing on a regular basis in Delhi. Mumbai is the safest city in that regard.
hes lhas lived in Kolkata n Hyderabad.maybe the area he lives in is a peaceful one:hmmm: I just posted what I came to know from casual discussion with him,u guys have put me on the spot:haha:.I will have fresh discussion again with him with enhanced knowledge now,thanx:icflove:

Probably the worst metro
++ Possibly the worst capital city in the world too. Weird diseases happen every 3 months (Dengue, Chicken guiyan etc...freaking disease not even heard in other cities of India). Contains extremes of weather, which would be fanastic actually except during rains everything comes to standstill. Shadiest of Real Estate Developers who will make a highrise in the middle of nothing, and expect Govt and people to live with that. Worst politicial-criminal-babu nexus in the world. Then again, maybe this is what is referred to by some morons as Northie aggression. Worst place for woman in whole of India. And this is in capital city with all possible resource :pray:

++ Possibly the worst capital city in the world too. Weird diseases happen every 3 months (Dengue, Chicken guiyan etc...freaking disease not even heard in other cities of India). Contains extremes of weather, which would be fanastic actually except during rains everything comes to standstill. Shadiest of Real Estate Developers who will make a highrise in the middle of nothing, and expect Govt and people to live with that. Worst politicial-criminal-babu nexus in the world. Then again, maybe this is what is referred to by some morons as Northie aggression. Worst place for woman in whole of India. And this is in capital city with all possible resource :pray:
Weather is not in human hands however, what surprises me about Delhi is that is grossly ill-prepared to deal with such extreme weather. Buildings etc. are not at all built keeping in mind this constraint which I feel is again an attitude issue (read - jugaad).