Seniors facing the heat...

Looks like the fans/media have started blaming the seniors for the loss against Aus. India doesn't win atleast 2 ODIs of the next 5, I think they have to start to plan how to announce their ODI retirement. If that happens, I blame India winning T20 for that. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A27512237 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It’s time for big three to think? One-day internationals India by sathishlara 02 October 2007 commentOnThisArticleButton.gif Before starting to say anything, let me admit: I am a die hard fan of Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, and Rahul Dravid – the three gems who have provided some best cricket watching experience for more than a decade. They have delighted the connoisseurs by their extraordinary performances. For sure, they have formed the integral part of team India. But, the new energies that filled the team in place of these gems in the recently concluded t20 tournament have made fans and others think about big3 and have induced a lot of debates. By any means t20 cannot be taken as the yardstick to measure the strength of the teams or the quality of the players. It is only when the game gets longer and longer, the true skills will be out. But, then, one should also remember that the new talents such as Rohit Sharma, who performed superbly well in t20, are not getting any opportunities to express themselves only because the big3 continue to play in both formats of the game. The point is, the famed big3 can continue playing in Test cricket, but they have to think seriously about retiring from one-day cricket. If it is a pity not to see the big3 on the one-day field, then it is even more pitiful to block the opportunities of the youngsters, who really want to perform well on the big stage. Leaving the ODI platform to youngsters might not provide instant results, but they will be able to cope up with the international pressures in a long run. Champions like Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath set examples by retiring when they were at their peak. For sure, the big3 are no lesser than champions. In fact, one of them, Sachin Tendulkar, is the champion of all. It would be a cruel if they are rejected by selectors at some point of time. It’s better if they start thinking now itself. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more loss & I wouldnt be surprised if SRT/Dravid are dropped/rested for the rest of the series. Play Sehwag as an opener. Arent 8 failures from SRT enuff in as many games vs Australia ?
Wow, didnt know he has 8 consecutive failures against Aus. If so, yes a 9th one should mean, drop SRT for this series. Pretty much anytime we chase a 280+ score, anyway he comes a cropper.
One more loss & I wouldnt be surprised if SRT/Dravid are dropped/rested for the rest of the series. Play Sehwag as an opener. Arent 8 failures from SRT enuff in as many games vs Australia ?
Pertinent question and one that is conviniently forgotten by BCCI and Sachin worshipper. Add to this the fact that in past 10 games against South Africa he averages 32, and that includes innings of 99 and 93 in Ireland where his boogeyman Shaun Pollock was not playing. Simply speaking Sachin should call it a day in LOI and concentrate on Test cricket, if that. xxx
Wow' date=' didnt know he has 8 consecutive failures against Aus. If so, yes a 9th one should mean, drop SRT for this series. Pretty much anytime we chase a 280+ score, anyway he comes a cropper.[/quote'] SRT used to cherish facing the Aussies. I remember the times back in 2003, he wanted Australia (ahead of SL) in the finals. He didnt think that the worldcup glory was that significant without conquering the Aussies. In the last couple of years, he has lost the stomach for a fight in tough battles. Its painful to watch Ganguly, SRT & Dravid show up game after game against the Aussies, only to be handed their a$$ everytime, reminding them that they arent worth the hype.
Wow' date=' didnt know he has 8 consecutive failures against Aus. If so, yes a 9th one should mean, drop SRT for this series. Pretty much anytime we chase a 280+ score, anyway he comes a cropper.[/quote'] He has a grand total of 231 runs in 10 games of which 2(86 and 63) came way back in 2004 Jaunary. Take them away and in his last 8 games he has scored 80 or so runs against Australia. It has not mattered if Mcgrath or Mitchell Johnson was operating. xx

The aussies analyze reputed batsmen intently. I think they are completely aware of the shortcomings of SRT, SG and RD and can bowl and field-set to exploit it brilliantly. Like Punter said, they know these guys, and they know how to get them out. Used to be that SRT, SG, RD could gut it out and reinvent themselves against Aussies, those times are over. Bye Bye, Maharathi trio. Tata, bye bye, cheerio. Time's up. Let the next gen take over - win or loss, the only way to go forward.

He has a grand total of 231 runs in 10 games of which 2(86 and 63) came way back in 2004 Jaunary. Take them away and in his last 8 games he has scored 80 or so runs against Australia. It has not mattered if Mcgrath or Mitchell Johnson was operating. xx
3 of them were abandonned. So, he has had 5 failures effectively.
Guest dada_rocks

I don't care who gets dropped and who gets inducted.. Show me the bloody result, I do see the mental side of aussies upper hand against indian seniors..

Haha.. have seen some weird reasons in the past asking for Sachin's axing , but this takes the cake - Last 8 games he has failed , therefore needs to be dropped. What kind of obscure logic is this , to actually call the best one-day batsman of our side in our last 12-13 games to be dropped. In that case , every other batsman and bowler who didnt perform in those games ( and i suspect the number to be quite high , coz we lost all of 'em) have to be dropped as well. You guys are thinking the wrong way around. Think " Sachin should score and India should win" , rather than " Sachin will fail and he should be dropped", because that is our only chance against the Aussies. And the cruel irony is, here we are , seeing calls for absolute newbies like Rohit sharma to be included in the team while our BEST batsman in one-dayers in the last dozen matches we played is nominated to be dropped. The world does work in strange ways sometimes.

Haha.. have seen some weird reasons in the past asking for Sachin's axing ' date=' but this takes the cake - [b']Last 8 games he has failed , therefore needs to be dropped. What kind of obscure logic is this , to actually call the best one-day batsman of our side in our last 12-13 games to be dropped. In that case , every other batsman and bowler who didnt perform in those games ( and i suspect the number to be quite high , coz we lost all of 'em) have to be dropped as well. You guys are thinking the wrong way around. Think " Sachin should score and India should win" , rather than " Sachin will fail and he should be dropped", because that is our only chance against the Aussies.
Let me show you where you are going wrong Sriram. Amitabh Bacchan movies are a blockbuster in India..Does that also mean that his movies are big hits in Kerela? Errr no. Same here. The success of Sachin against England does not automatically equate to success against Australia. For the past 10 games, the stats have been put, he averages a solid 20 somethings and has two good innings which were played 40 months back. If you still insist have him in the team when we play England next, or when we play South Africa minus Shaun Pollock but he has failed for the past 8 occassions, including today, against Australia, how many more chances do you think he deserves? xx