Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

that's right hand drive civic. Here's the results for left hand drive civic. Adult occupant safety score = 94% Child occupant safety score = 83% http://www.euroncap.com/results/honda/civic/2012/475.aspx The case is totally different for the hyundai cars assembled in India.
Arre baba, we drive right hand drive models here in India. Atleast Mr Bablu and Mr Holy do. Besides, India is the manufacturing hub for the i20. Models sold in europe are made here and exported. Besides, the civic model that you've selected is the newer model. That model isnt sold in India bro. Honda's stopped selling the civic here. http://www.hondacarindia.com/

Arre baba, we drive right hand drive models here in India. Atleast Mr Bablu and Mr Holy do. Besides, India is the manufacturing hub for the i20. Models sold in europe are made here and exported. Besides, the civic model that you've selected is the newer model. That model isnt sold in India bro. Honda's stopped selling the civic here. http://www.hondacarindia.com/
I know India has RHD models :giggle: I just wanted to give some exact comparison. And, yes, Hyundai has a big factory in Chennai. But, me and my friend feel that Civic has a better body and safer than hyundai cars, as he is a mechanic. In fact, he has seen a lot of cars that have crashed. Just our humble opinion. P.S. The I20 european models (euroncap tested) are assembled in Turkey. :D

^ Its built pretty well from what I know' date=' so it will cost more than a Suzuki. Its 100+ bhp, so it shouldn't matter much unless you're drag racing against the City/Verna.[/quote'] Classic or new Fiesta ? suspensions are just above average for both.

I know India has RHD models :giggle: I just wanted to give some exact comparison. And, yes, Hyundai has a big factory in Chennai. But, me and my friend feel that Civic has a better body and safer than hyundai cars, as he is a mechanic. In fact, he has seen a lot of cars that have crashed. Just our humble opinion. P.S. The I20 european models (euroncap tested) are assembled in Turkey. :D
You're right, models sold in some parts of europe moved production to turkey coz of that labor strike. I forgot. :facepalm: Anyway, all I'd said was that the civic has much thinner sheet metal than the i20. As for safety, personally I feel the i20 is far safer. My i20 has 6 airbags, my civic has 1 or 2 (not sure).

The fiesta classic 1.6S is an awesome piece of kit. The new fiesta is quite overpriced... not worth it. Bablu, here are the cars you should consider. 1. VW polo GT. (1.2 TSI engine, DSG gearbox) - I know its not a sedan but its quite awesome 2. Honda Amaze top end (New car, superhit, value for money, good brand, reliable, good service, will remain new for a while.. higher resale after 5 years compared to a car thats nearing end of life) 3. Maruti Dzire top end (Maruti, India's largest selling car. Cant go wrong here.) 4. VW vento/Skoda Rapid (Ze germans) 5. Hyundai Verna (great gadgets.. not a drivers car per se... not for the winding roads.) 6. Renault Scala (New, untested, uncharted territory. ) Nissan sunny (Spaaaace)

Holy baba, what would be the best buy in the Rs. 5-7 lakh range. My mother is looking to replace her car. It'll mainly be used for city driving in Lucknow - the roads are nowhere as good as Delhi, just to give you an idea. Maybe, think of Pune kind of roads and traffic if you have never been to Lucknow. Around once every two weeks it'll be used for some highway driving of around 200 km round trip. She wouldn't really care about things like power and pick up, but would want something spacious and sturdy. Sorry to derail your thread, Bubluji.

You're right, models sold in some parts of europe moved production to turkey coz of that labor strike. I forgot. :facepalm: Anyway, all I'd said was that the civic has much thinner sheet metal than the i20. As for safety, personally I feel the i20 is far safer. My i20 has 6 airbags, my civic has 1 or 2 (not sure).
well, no car is safe if our time is bad :((

Holy baba, what would be the best buy in the Rs. 5-7 lakh range. My mother is looking to replace her car. It'll mainly be used for city driving in Lucknow - the roads are nowhere as good as Delhi, just to give you an idea. Maybe, think of Pune kind of roads and traffic if you have never been to Lucknow. Around once every two weeks it'll be used for some highway driving of around 200 km round trip. She wouldn't really care about things like power and pick up, but would want something spacious and sturdy. Sorry to derail your thread, Bubluji.
Brio :two_thumbs_up:

I'm assuming petrol here. Amongst hatches, I'd recommend the swift. Cheaper, reliable. Cant go wrong with a maruti bestseller. The i20 is also really good, but a little pricey. Another you can consider is the Honda brio. Women love this car, and it has a decent automatic transmission. Brio is a smaller hatch than the swift and i20. A size smaller. i10 size. I'd recommend the i10 as well, but a new model is coming soon, say by diwali or a little after that. Amongst sedans, dont look beyond the amaze and the Dzire. Cant go wrong with either of them. Dzire has better materials and feels more premium+maruti service. Honda has the better brand image, and more room + bigger trunk.

Brio :two_thumbs_up:
I'm assuming petrol here. Amongst hatches, I'd recommend the swift. Cheaper, reliable. Cant go wrong with a maruti bestseller. The i20 is also really good, but a little pricey. Another you can consider is the Honda brio. Women love this car, and it has a decent automatic transmission. Brio is a smaller hatch than the swift and i20. A size smaller. i10 size. I'd recommend the i10 as well, but a new model is coming soon, say by diwali or a little after that. Amongst sedans, dont look beyond the amaze and the Dzire. Cant go wrong with either of them. Dzire has better materials and feels more premium+maruti service. Honda has the better brand image, and more room + bigger trunk.
Thanks! We were also leaning towards a Maruti Swift. Will check out the Brio a bit more - just googled it and looks tempting. Somehow, I don't quite like the shape of the i10/i20, but again the car is not for me.