Jennifer Lawrence, Mary Elizabeth Winstead hacked: How safe are your cloud photos and data? |Note :Don't post links of nude leaked pictures

vvvslaxman

No, it isn't. Let me give you a simple example. Lets say (hypothetically) - I make an educated guess of your ICF password because I know you like Sachin Tendulkar. I find out that (after some failed attempts) that your password is "ILoveSachin". This doesn't make ICF security weak. Now, imagine the same scenario with "Password Recovery" mechanisms where most questions are standard template - "What is the name of the first school you went to?", "What is your mother maiden name?". For you and me, these questions must be difficult to answer but for celebrities most of these questions are readily available on the Internet. Now, Apple also has minuscule part of the blame here (I'm intentionally leaving out the technical details so you'd have to trust me on this) but assuming that they fix it, it would have little or no effect on the hacking process. All said, I'm not blaming the celebrities for putting pics online which they may or may not have done! My beef with them is that they decided to put themselves at higher risk by using naive passwords and even more naive password protection mechanisms (not using 2FA etc.). Mind you, I am don't condone this act of hacking but there are robbers in real life, there are robbers in digital life too. Just like in real life, you create a strong passwords like good locks, safe neighborhoods etc. you'd have to do that in your digital life too. Yes, the police (Apple) do take blame but it's a joint responsibility of people like you and me to report (bugs) and stay vigilant (better passwords). I hope I'm making some sense here!
compartment!

Just read on a iphone fanatics website they downloaded over 2gb of pictures it seems. It doesnt seem to be a small amount of data and the guy who leaked was just a collector who bought these pictures this security hole has been all along but we can to know about it now.

Icloud photos store your photos for 30 days without notifying you :hmmm: That is new to me. So they are cached .. during that period someone can break in and access it.
From a programmers perspective , this is a nifty feature. :giggle: But in all seriousness .. If we enable google sync , it will sync so many infos automatically .

From a programmers perspective , this is a nifty feature. :giggle: But in all seriousness .. If we enable google sync , it will sync so many infos automatically .
Which you can control ..I actually use google on apple devices for contacts,calendar etc Also google has not really been hacked like this. Only thing I remember is ddos attack on search in some country but I think if you are worried about security then just buy phone with more storage and do not use cloud

Which you can control ..I actually use google on apple devices for contacts,calendar etc Also google has not really been hacked like this. Only thing I remember is ddos attack on search in some country but I think if you are worried about security then just buy phone with more storage and do not use cloud
i never used iCloud .. But i am sure they do have second level of authentication ..

Check this velu
i did some googling before , though i am not a security expert.. most claim they got the credentials by targeting them and then they took it from iCloud i trust the above theory bcoz even the leaker claimed that he is a Collector and not a hacker.. if iCloud was breached then most probably they might have got access to almost everything.. only thing which is not proper is that with icloud , we can get the info abt the availability of an id in an instant

Can someone clear this ...they deleted photos from their device or iCloud ? Both are very different iCloud basically is for this purpose only so that you can free phone storage so nothing strange about it having picture after I deleted from phone But if they are still there when u delete from iCloud then it is a problem and Facebook does same thing from what I remember

i did some googling before , though i am not a security expert.. most claim they got the credentials by targeting them and then they took it from iCloud i trust the above theory bcoz even the leaker claimed that he is a Collector and not a hacker..
Yep I think so too